RS130 installation: need to extend the supplied SeaTalkng spur cable

I recently installed the RS130 and the supplied SeaTalkng spur cable is too short. Can the cable be cut and spliced? I need at least 12 more feet. I would rather have an extension cable with one male and one female end but couldn't find one on the Raymarine web site. I am running the spur cable to the E22158 Seatalk1 to SeaTalkng converter.

Thanks

Views: 263

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cutting / splicing SeaTalkNG cables is discouraged. One possibility is plug the existing RS130 spur in to an in-line terminator (A80001) , then 5 meter backbone cable (A06036) to a blue receptacle on your E22158 SeaTalkNG 1 to SeaTalkNG converter.

The SeaTalkng cable supplied with the RS130 is white and the instructions say to plug into a white receptacle on the converter. Will your suggested solution give me the same results?

Yes. On the " in- line terminator" you will see one white & one blue receptacle. Plug the white spur cable in to the white receptacle. Plug the blue backbone cable in to the blue receptacle. On the SeaTalk 1 to SeaTalkNG converter remove 1 of the blue terminator plugs and install the blue backbone cable in it's place.

Hello Ed,

Mike is 100% correct. Thank you for your clear and concise explanation.

You cannot extend the spur cable length (the max length for a spur is 6 meters). So in this case you would extend the backbone to the end of the RS130's spur cable and utilize the in-line terminator.

Please see Page 23 of the attached RS130 GPS Receiver Installation Guide.

3.3 SeaTalkng connection overview —

long cable runs

Use the optional SeaTalkng inline terminator to connect the GPS

receiver’s spur cable directly to the extreme end of the SeaTalkng

backbone using the inline terminator. This removes the need for a

T-piece connector and a separate terminator, making it easier to

achieve a long cable run.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Jan-Erik replied to Jan-Erik's discussion Temperature from Airmar to NMEA2000?
"Temperature to NMEA0183 would also be ok."
4 hours ago
Jan-Erik posted a discussion

Temperature from Airmar to NMEA2000?

I have the ST30 Bidata with airmar depth in one transducer and speed/temperature in the other. The exact model for speed/temp is ST300-P371 Shorty. ST30 Bidata is only capable of showing depth and speed.My question is: is there any component that I could connect to the two unused temperature leads without loosing the ST30 because that would affect the astethics of the dashboard.I'm thinking: I know I could use the ITC-5 for everything but is it possible to connect only the two temperature…See More
5 hours ago
Jack Elliott posted a discussion

Ray tech planner

How do I turn off the disclaimer pop up when I start up Ray tech plannerSee More
7 hours ago
mike posted a discussion

Sport Pilot - EV200 installation help

Im in the process of installing the wheel sport pilot on my boat for the EV200 system.  The direction say to turn to starboard until you cant anymore.  The problem is that you have to line up the key which on my would require almost a 320 degree turn back to port to get it to line up.  Does it even matter about the position of the shaft when you install the unit?See More
8 hours ago
Hugh updated their profile
10 hours ago
Hugh posted a discussion

Intermittent display of COG and SOG on E80 with RS125

Hi All,First our setup:- Two E80 Classic MFDs wired up together via the Seatalk HS interface.- An RS125 talking to the Master via Seatalk.  - A Raymarine Smart Pilot connected to the slave E80 via NMEA 0183.- A Raymarine Radome connected to the slave.There is also some extra wiring in the boat that I can't identify (due to very difficult cable runs) including a breaker labelled "Seatalk 12V" that has no effect that on that I can identify so far.The problem is that when the Slave unit is turned…See More
10 hours ago
Karl Coplam replied to Karl Coplam's discussion c95 networked with e7 won't display NMEA AIS targets when both displays active, and other troubles
"Sorry for the typos. . . IPad and autocorrect drive me crazy. And one more thing -- the manual says that networked displays can share SD card cartography, but the e7 on th cockpit does not display any cartography from the c95 belowdecks. Am I…"
11 hours ago
Karl Coplam posted a discussion

c95 networked with e7 won't display NMEA AIS targets when both displays active, and other troubles

Just installed a new c95 belowdecks, along with a new dicitfqrk raymarine radar scanner, and the Rainer network cables between the c95 and the e7. I have a third party (ACR) AIS transponder connected via the NMEA input port 1 on both MFDs. The AIS targets display just fine when either MFD is running by itself, but as sinks as you turn on the second unit (and select the c95 as the master unit) the. AIS targets disappear on both units. What is wrong?Also, the c95 (connected to ther radar via a…See More
11 hours ago
Bob Oriol replied to Kevin tisdall's discussion i70 readout of COG from Garmin 740 gps
"Kevin, Thank that is the problem, and setting the variation manually is the work around.  I found this on another thread that confirms there is a bug in the…"
12 hours ago
Bob Oriol replied to John R Walkey's discussion i70 incorrect COG display
"There is a bug in the i70.  I found this on another thread.  I did implement the workaround and it performs as expected.  The i70 firmware hasn't been updated in two years.  Hopefully Raymarine will fix it before someone…"
12 hours ago
Roger goodwin posted a discussion

Multiple transducers

I currently have a c90w with a p66 transducer and want to add a dragonfly and it's transducer. Can these be located near each other and run at the same time?
13 hours ago
Greg Jackson replied to Richard Itkin's discussion C120W compatibility
" I was going to ask the same question.  I just purchased the Navionics+ card and filled it with the regular charts plus SonarCharts.  I'm not seeing the contour lines and detail that I see for the same areas on their web app…"
14 hours ago
Dirk Husselman posted a discussion

Seatalkng i60 does not show wind data

I upgraded from a ST70 with a seatalkng speed/depth transducer and a wind pod to i70 instruments and one i60 instruments. 2 i70 instruments and the i60 instrument are daisy chained with spur cables to the back bone. I also have A65 chart plotter and Evolution autopilot with 2 P70 head instruments.The i60 does not show any wind information in the display (true/apparent, etc). It shows analog wind angle for about 1 minute and then stops on 0.All wind data is available on both i70 instruments on…See More
15 hours ago
rick willis updated their profile
15 hours ago
Ian Holland posted a status
"so what do I do, send it back at great cost or is there a modification?????"
15 hours ago
TJ replied to Scott Stevens's discussion New EV-100 set up
"It looks for paddle wheel first, in it's absence, it then looks for the GPS. My understanding is one of these sentences need to be seen before either a waypoint is chosen or a heading hold request is sent via the plotter or control head. Either…"
17 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service