RS130 installation: need to extend the supplied SeaTalkng spur cable

I recently installed the RS130 and the supplied SeaTalkng spur cable is too short. Can the cable be cut and spliced? I need at least 12 more feet. I would rather have an extension cable with one male and one female end but couldn't find one on the Raymarine web site. I am running the spur cable to the E22158 Seatalk1 to SeaTalkng converter.

Thanks

Views: 389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cutting / splicing SeaTalkNG cables is discouraged. One possibility is plug the existing RS130 spur in to an in-line terminator (A80001) , then 5 meter backbone cable (A06036) to a blue receptacle on your E22158 SeaTalkNG 1 to SeaTalkNG converter.

The SeaTalkng cable supplied with the RS130 is white and the instructions say to plug into a white receptacle on the converter. Will your suggested solution give me the same results?

Yes. On the " in- line terminator" you will see one white & one blue receptacle. Plug the white spur cable in to the white receptacle. Plug the blue backbone cable in to the blue receptacle. On the SeaTalk 1 to SeaTalkNG converter remove 1 of the blue terminator plugs and install the blue backbone cable in it's place.

Hello Ed,

Mike is 100% correct. Thank you for your clear and concise explanation.

You cannot extend the spur cable length (the max length for a spur is 6 meters). So in this case you would extend the backbone to the end of the RS130's spur cable and utilize the in-line terminator.

Please see Page 23 of the attached RS130 GPS Receiver Installation Guide.

3.3 SeaTalkng connection overview —

long cable runs

Use the optional SeaTalkng inline terminator to connect the GPS

receiver’s spur cable directly to the extreme end of the SeaTalkng

backbone using the inline terminator. This removes the need for a

T-piece connector and a separate terminator, making it easier to

achieve a long cable run.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Eric's discussion C125 not recognizing auto pilot S3
"You're welcome."
54 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Al Nichols's discussion AIS targets on A65 MFD
"Al, Please specify the make/model of AIS transceiver which has been interfaced to this system."
55 minutes ago
Profile Iconjohn pavao, Bill Hi and Mark Butterworth joined Raymarine Technical Forum
58 minutes ago
Mark Butterworth posted a blog post

ST 5000+ Steering Bar Issue

After re-routing all wires to my unit and re-installing, I lost the Steering Bar and Rudder Bar.  I did a re-set of the unit on the Dealer Set-up screen (5000 HYDR), which at least re-initiated the Rudder Bar.  However, in the regular set-up I can not get the Rudder Bar to change back to the Steering Bar.  Rudder Bar shows in both Stand-by and Auto. Called Raymarine and they do not service the unit anymore...thoughts anyone?See More
1 hour ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to George Flanik's discussion Dragonfly 7 cover
"George, Should additional protection be desired, Raymarine offers the A80285 Dragonfly 7 Suncover.   Raymarine parts may be ordered from an authorized Raymarine dealer or from Raymarine Order Services (orderdesk@raymarine.com;…"
1 hour ago
George Flanik posted a discussion

Dragonfly 7 cover

Anyone know where I can get a cover for my 7"Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!See More
1 hour ago
Daniel Libera posted a discussion

e125 and ST8001

I've just upgraded from a pair of E120's to a pair of e125's, and was advised by Raymarine, via the dealer, that my existing autopilot and ST8001 pilot head were compatible with the appropriate converter. The dealer just completed the installation and I'm on the maiden voyage. All seems to work properly except for one issue. When selecting a ROUTE from MY DATA list of stored routes, the autopilot immediately engages in TRACK mode. Same when selecting a ROUTE via the NAVIGATION list. It happens…See More
1 hour ago
Eric West posted a discussion

C97 and E120 classic

I have a new C97 with a CP300.  I recently acquired an E120 classic in good condition.  Can I make the 2 of these unit work together?   Will the E120 display information from the CP300 and or Gps built into the C97?Please let me knowEricSee More
1 hour ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Brett bliss's discussion Navionics freshest data and dragonfly
"Brett, Freshest Data updates will update the Navionics Nautical Charts stored on your chart card.  Nothing need be done via Dragonfly other than to command Dragonfly to use the Navionics Nautical Charts (vs. Navionics Sonar Charts or LightHouse…"
1 hour ago
Brett bliss posted a discussion

Navionics freshest data and dragonfly

I have downloaded the freshest data from navionics to my micro card but do not see it on my dragonfly chart.does the dragonfly read the card and make changes automatically or do I need to do something? Help
1 hour ago
Al Nichols replied to Al Nichols's discussion AIS targets on A65 MFD
"Sorry about that.  I was trying to throw something together real quick while getting underway.  Here are three new files.  The screen capture time from the PC is a few minutes different because it took awhile to open the application…"
2 hours ago
Eric replied to Eric's discussion C125 not recognizing auto pilot S3
"I completed the installation and checkout as outlined above in this thread. I am pleased to report everything works as advertised!!! Thank you for the help and support, they are appreciated! Regards, Eric S/V EW-WE II"
2 hours ago
Michael S Fitz replied to Michael S Fitz's discussion Type 300 Computer Replacement
"OK, finally got down to the boat - it's a Type 2 12V pump. The pump clearly works fine - it moves the rudder from hard starboard to hard port in about 15 seconds."
20 hours ago
gene dennis replied to gene dennis's discussion st50+ wind instrument replaced by i60
"Sorry, misunderstanding.  I need to know how to connect the second seatalk 6 pin cable to my second 3 pin connector r,y,bare wires "
22 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to gene dennis's discussion st50+ wind instrument replaced by i60
"Yes, the ST50+ Wind instrument display has three connectors,  two Seatalk connectors and one Masthead connector.  If you cut off the masthead connector that connects to the masthead connector on the back of the ST50+ display, you will find…"
yesterday
gene dennis replied to gene dennis's discussion st50+ wind instrument replaced by i60
"That's a relief.  Going back to the first discussion, I understand I can connect the i60 seatalk on one side by identifying R<Y<bare on the flat connecter.  The other seatalk connector is  a 6 pin to 6 pin cable.  My…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service