RS130 installation: need to extend the supplied SeaTalkng spur cable

I recently installed the RS130 and the supplied SeaTalkng spur cable is too short. Can the cable be cut and spliced? I need at least 12 more feet. I would rather have an extension cable with one male and one female end but couldn't find one on the Raymarine web site. I am running the spur cable to the E22158 Seatalk1 to SeaTalkng converter.

Thanks

Views: 337

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cutting / splicing SeaTalkNG cables is discouraged. One possibility is plug the existing RS130 spur in to an in-line terminator (A80001) , then 5 meter backbone cable (A06036) to a blue receptacle on your E22158 SeaTalkNG 1 to SeaTalkNG converter.

The SeaTalkng cable supplied with the RS130 is white and the instructions say to plug into a white receptacle on the converter. Will your suggested solution give me the same results?

Yes. On the " in- line terminator" you will see one white & one blue receptacle. Plug the white spur cable in to the white receptacle. Plug the blue backbone cable in to the blue receptacle. On the SeaTalk 1 to SeaTalkNG converter remove 1 of the blue terminator plugs and install the blue backbone cable in it's place.

Hello Ed,

Mike is 100% correct. Thank you for your clear and concise explanation.

You cannot extend the spur cable length (the max length for a spur is 6 meters). So in this case you would extend the backbone to the end of the RS130's spur cable and utilize the in-line terminator.

Please see Page 23 of the attached RS130 GPS Receiver Installation Guide.

3.3 SeaTalkng connection overview —

long cable runs

Use the optional SeaTalkng inline terminator to connect the GPS

receiver’s spur cable directly to the extreme end of the SeaTalkng

backbone using the inline terminator. This removes the need for a

T-piece connector and a separate terminator, making it easier to

achieve a long cable run.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Shozo Yoshihara replied to Shozo Yoshihara's discussion Resuming route
"I have ST-8002, E-120 Classic running V5.52 software. What are "course computer" and "drive"? The boat is 2007 and the system came with the boat. "
4 minutes ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Jim East's discussion St6002+ compatable with Raytheon Type 300?
"Yes, the ST6002+ control head is compatible with the Type 300 course computer.  You would connect via Seatalk."
6 minutes ago
Mark Coleman replied to Mark Coleman 's discussion Rudder reference issues on pro staff boat
"The rudder reference isn't showing on the system. The rr is wired correctly, and is powered up (makes a quiet buzzing and ticking as per teleflex). It has shown on the system in past (In dockside I'll be asked to center, port, starboard,…"
6 minutes ago
martin raphael replied to martin raphael's discussion Adding Fusion stereo
"Thanks, that's good to know.  I will go ahead and update my Fusion software."
9 minutes ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Joe Ashton's discussion x10 Will rudder feed back help in calibration?
"The BA150 = 10.2 Cu In RAM or the BA175 = 13.7 Cu In RAM if they are connected in parallel you should add them together, 20.4 or 27.4.  Both possibilities should be connected to a SPX 30 course computer and a Type 3 hydraulic pump."
17 minutes ago
Mick Laver replied to Mick Laver's discussion E97 "Heading not Available" errors
"The wind, depth, and speed instruments are all ST50s. There's a Standard Horizon "Matrix" (GX2000) that gets its position and AIS info from the Ray AIS 650 via 0183. -Mick"
19 minutes ago
Rafal Byczko replied to Rafal Byczko's discussion supression ferrite
"The reading on the p70 display is magnetic.  I connected the compass to the x-5, did the swing test, and after the swing test 2 degrees deviation was displayed.  They system seemed to work well.  Autopilot functions flawlessly, course…"
22 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to martin raphael's discussion Adding Fusion stereo
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Martin, We have been operating with v1.1.3359 for some time now in our office.  I have been running successfully with v1.1.3360 since the spring onboard my own boat."
25 minutes ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Shozo Yoshihara's discussion Resuming route
"What is the specific autopilot system are you using? Control head, course computer and drive?"
27 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to john bailey's discussion e120 classic plotter
"John, Please respond with a digital snapshot of the SeaTalk devices list from the MFD's diagnostics screen so that we may identify the SeaTalk devices.  It is possible that the SeaTalk communications circuitry of the autopilot is failing…"
28 minutes ago
Mathieu Neron replied to Mathieu Neron's discussion AP Course T150 and Gyroplus 2
"Why I do not see the AST feature or cannot set the response level higher then 3 (having only three level)? What can be wrong then ? I have all the connection according to the documentation and I confirm that the system is connected as mention."
30 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Skip Gundlach's discussion c120 screen and GPS location
"Skip, Unfortunately, such determinations cannot be made without inspecting the product.  Repair cost information may be found here.  This fee is the most that a customer should expect to pay unless the product has been destroyed (ex.…"
33 minutes ago
James Burgess replied to James Burgess's discussion S-1000 autopilot
"              Thanks TJ, I will try the autopilot this weekend.                                          …"
34 minutes ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Mathieu Neron's discussion AP Course T150 and Gyroplus 2
"It recommended to connect power to the power input port, and not through the Seatalk port. The compass linearize procedure should be done through the autopilot and not through the E90W, you should only do through the E900W, if you didn't have…"
38 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Zachary Miller's discussion Loran C numbers on e125 and TD lines on chart
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Zachary, Unfortunately, Raymarine's a/c/e/gS-Series MFDs do not presently support Loran TD coordinates.  As such, it is necessary to convert the Loran based waypoint data to lat/lon coordinates…"
38 minutes ago
Bob Burchsted replied to Bob Burchsted's discussion E80 and RD418D
"The kit I purchased had a Raynet cable, A80228. I was then told via Mark on phone support on 07 July to purchase an A80272 Raynet to Seatalkhs adapter, which I did. Do I now also need a E55060 SeaTalkhs Crossover Coupler? Separately, I would like…"
44 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service