RS130 installation: need to extend the supplied SeaTalkng spur cable

I recently installed the RS130 and the supplied SeaTalkng spur cable is too short. Can the cable be cut and spliced? I need at least 12 more feet. I would rather have an extension cable with one male and one female end but couldn't find one on the Raymarine web site. I am running the spur cable to the E22158 Seatalk1 to SeaTalkng converter.

Thanks

Views: 372

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cutting / splicing SeaTalkNG cables is discouraged. One possibility is plug the existing RS130 spur in to an in-line terminator (A80001) , then 5 meter backbone cable (A06036) to a blue receptacle on your E22158 SeaTalkNG 1 to SeaTalkNG converter.

The SeaTalkng cable supplied with the RS130 is white and the instructions say to plug into a white receptacle on the converter. Will your suggested solution give me the same results?

Yes. On the " in- line terminator" you will see one white & one blue receptacle. Plug the white spur cable in to the white receptacle. Plug the blue backbone cable in to the blue receptacle. On the SeaTalk 1 to SeaTalkNG converter remove 1 of the blue terminator plugs and install the blue backbone cable in it's place.

Hello Ed,

Mike is 100% correct. Thank you for your clear and concise explanation.

You cannot extend the spur cable length (the max length for a spur is 6 meters). So in this case you would extend the backbone to the end of the RS130's spur cable and utilize the in-line terminator.

Please see Page 23 of the attached RS130 GPS Receiver Installation Guide.

3.3 SeaTalkng connection overview —

long cable runs

Use the optional SeaTalkng inline terminator to connect the GPS

receiver’s spur cable directly to the extreme end of the SeaTalkng

backbone using the inline terminator. This removes the need for a

T-piece connector and a separate terminator, making it easier to

achieve a long cable run.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Roko replied to Roko's discussion No bottom at all with E120s, CP300, and B164
"Due to the non existent performance with the CP300 I have sourced a used hungary made DSM300. I'll be changing over from CP300 to DSM300 and possibly updating the software. Can you please provide install instructions and latest software…"
6 hours ago
Frank M. Clemente replied to Carl Hawkins's discussion Boat Heading
" "
7 hours ago
Brett Densmore replied to Brett Densmore's discussion C120 connection to an EV-200 pilot system
"Right now i am in the process of installing the pilot. Mostly installed  and now its time for the seatalk connections. Currently the only thing in the seatalk port on the C120 is the gps. It is spliced in and out of a block. System also runs…"
8 hours ago
Roger Cowles replied to Roger Cowles's discussion Wind Transducer Not Working
"Sorry, a few more pics that failed to upload...."
11 hours ago
Mrbill419 replied to Mrbill419's discussion MFD's
"The pic#1 is the AirMar tag on the B-60 transducer cable. The #2 pic is the B-60 transducer plug that plugged into the bottom of the old DSM300. The #3 pic is the back of the E127. I have connected the CPT200 to the CP200. I then connected the CP200…"
11 hours ago
Roger Cowles replied to Roger Cowles's discussion Wind Transducer Not Working
"Hello again, Good news is the new wind transducer has arrived.  Bad news is I still cannot get it to work. I was able to get a hold of some brand new Raymarine cable with connection for the vane, so before climbing up the mast again, I figured…"
11 hours ago
Profile IconBob Billeci, Sean, Luis Ruiz and 12 more joined Raymarine Technical Forum
12 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Brett Densmore's discussion C120 connection to an EV-200 pilot system
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Brett, Unfortunately, I don't have a system diagram to offer, but its very easy to interface these items using a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit.  Is the EV-200 autopilot system already…"
12 hours ago
Brett Densmore posted a discussion

C120 connection to an EV-200 pilot system

Is there a drawing of the wiring hook up to connect an older c120 plotter with the new EV-200 pilot system? I am told I need a seatalk to seatalk ng converter kit but not sure how to hook it all up? I want my new pilot to read and follow my existing courses.See More
12 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to J.R. Farrar's discussion e7 with GX2150, T122, ST4000
"You're welcome."
14 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Peter Korten's discussion How to determine if the trim tabs and outboard motor lower units will interfere with side vision chirp transmission
"You're welcome."
14 hours ago
Mark Duncan posted a blog post

Help with compatability of Raymarine sytems

HiI have a Raymarine RC425 Chartplotter that I need to replace due to UV damaged screen.Obviously that model is no longer available, so what could work and be compatible with;ST60+ Tridata, ST60+ Wind and ST7002 Autopilot.I am also limited in the space on the console, so needs to be of a similar size. 6 1/2" x 7 1/4". Could maybe go a fraction larger.Can anyone advise?ThanksMark See More
14 hours ago
Vladimir posted a discussion

Autopilot 100\300 and ST 7000+

I have Autopilot 100\300 with ST7000+ control plus ST60 wind - close hauled wind instr. , ST60 tridata  and chartplotter c120.A few month ago speed stop working on tridata -I think because of problem with  weel sensor.  A few day ago ST60 wind stop working( display is dead but power goes thru unit to tridata with seatalk cable). On Tridata  deap line show 000 and ST7000+   NO link.I check wires-  one Seatalk line runs from computer to ST insruments and chartplotter and second line to ST7000+.…See More
14 hours ago
James Burgess replied to James Burgess's discussion What nema sentences does the s-1000 need to follow a route?
"Underway, Garmin suggested raymarine would know what sentences were needed.I sent them the four you sent me but have not received a reply.The garmin sentences seem to be the same as the standard nema sentences I found online.      …"
15 hours ago
Peter Korten replied to Peter Korten's discussion How to determine if the trim tabs and outboard motor lower units will interfere with side vision chirp transmission
"Thank you. I know it will encourage people to purchase both the down vision as well as the side vision. Hopefully they will have it by spring. Thanks again."
15 hours ago
J.R. Farrar replied to J.R. Farrar's discussion e7 with GX2150, T122, ST4000
"Thank you!  I verified with Standard Horizon that their output on the GX2150 CAN support 2 listeners so that should not be a problem."
16 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service