RS130 installation: need to extend the supplied SeaTalkng spur cable

I recently installed the RS130 and the supplied SeaTalkng spur cable is too short. Can the cable be cut and spliced? I need at least 12 more feet. I would rather have an extension cable with one male and one female end but couldn't find one on the Raymarine web site. I am running the spur cable to the E22158 Seatalk1 to SeaTalkng converter.

Thanks

Views: 463

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cutting / splicing SeaTalkNG cables is discouraged. One possibility is plug the existing RS130 spur in to an in-line terminator (A80001) , then 5 meter backbone cable (A06036) to a blue receptacle on your E22158 SeaTalkNG 1 to SeaTalkNG converter.

The SeaTalkng cable supplied with the RS130 is white and the instructions say to plug into a white receptacle on the converter. Will your suggested solution give me the same results?

Yes. On the " in- line terminator" you will see one white & one blue receptacle. Plug the white spur cable in to the white receptacle. Plug the blue backbone cable in to the blue receptacle. On the SeaTalk 1 to SeaTalkNG converter remove 1 of the blue terminator plugs and install the blue backbone cable in it's place.

Hello Ed,

Mike is 100% correct. Thank you for your clear and concise explanation.

You cannot extend the spur cable length (the max length for a spur is 6 meters). So in this case you would extend the backbone to the end of the RS130's spur cable and utilize the in-line terminator.

Please see Page 23 of the attached RS130 GPS Receiver Installation Guide.

3.3 SeaTalkng connection overview —

long cable runs

Use the optional SeaTalkng inline terminator to connect the GPS

receiver’s spur cable directly to the extreme end of the SeaTalkng

backbone using the inline terminator. This removes the need for a

T-piece connector and a separate terminator, making it easier to

achieve a long cable run.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Eirik Holtedahl replied to walt hoover's discussion st 60 tridata
"I have a similar problem: I would like to use the ST60 Tridata as a depth repeater, as I have just rewired the transducer to another unit. However, the ST60 (now without any transducer attached) will not let me change the Yes status to No, i.e. if I…"
1 hour ago
Georges R Paquette replied to Kern Smith's discussion p70: No Pilot - Drive Stopped
"I just received a cable to connect my Fusion MS-AV700 into the NMEA2000 backbone, connected the cable in 2 minutes while at anchor yesterday.  I immediately got full control of the music system from the Garmin 7610 chartplotter.  Today i…"
7 hours ago
Rick Francis replied to Rick Francis's discussion New Raymarine technology interfacing with 2 year old Lowrance FF, GPS/Plotter
"I have seen many chartplotter apps available for IPad, some for Android units, but mostly Ipad.  How can the new i70 and ev100 electronics be connected to an iPad running chartplotter software?  thanks for any input"
7 hours ago
steven Vassallo replied to steven Vassallo's discussion Raymarine C140 W fishfinder wont read in deep water
"Raymarine Fishfinders are complete Junk! "
7 hours ago
Jack Thompson replied to Jack Thompson's discussion Laylines with Lighthouse II ver 14
"Were you able to see the video?  Any Ideas? Thanks, Jack  "
9 hours ago
jim owens replied to jim owens's discussion cp370 and tm 260 transducer
"I went back to the boat today! Verified all the settings and still have no readings. I also put in manual depth and gain but could get soundings. The cp370 green light is still blinking! I would like to know if that is normal"
10 hours ago
Maurice Colontonio replied to Stephen Trehu's discussion Ray 55 VHF transmits, does not receive
"I had the exact same issue. I checked the antenna and it worked just fine. I could transmit but not receive. I could receive only if my squelch was set to zero but the noise was unbearable. I put in a new Ray55 that I bought from Defender industries…"
11 hours ago
Jean Gauthier replied to Jean Gauthier's discussion SR50 SiriusXM interface
"Hi I recently noticed my C120 Classic to be slow in updating position and being erretic in showing the boat position on the map Can you give some indications as to the cause of that situation? Thanks,"
11 hours ago
GregM replied to GregM's discussion Computer Software as an adjunct to my a98 MFD
"I have to tell you that his whole process was a joke. I spent OVER AN HOUR trying to figure out how to purchase, download, install and activate this software and it was RIDICULOUS! I had to go to well over a dozen webpages, back and forth, as none…"
12 hours ago
Susan McNamara replied to Leonard Vance's discussion E7D Transducer Issue
"Installing the P79 seems to have fixed the problem and I get an accurate depth and good sonar.  When I have the boat taken out in the Fall, I will pull out the P58 and send it back for testing.    "
13 hours ago
David Gilbert replied to Richard Itkin's discussion C120W compatibility
"I have finally updated my Navionics + platinum CF  chart card in the C140W.   Just a quick note to confirm that the navionics sonar data all shows up when you switch to the "fish" presentation as noted above.  Cheers Dave"
13 hours ago
Gene Exley updated their profile
14 hours ago
Alan L Clements replied to LUIZ FELIPE CAERDEAL REGO's discussion Dragonfly Software 11.41 losing and not reacquiring bottom
"Dear Raymarine: When is a new release going to be issued for the Dragonfly (post 11.46) to resolve these bottom loss issues?  It seems like this has been going on for awhile and I expected to see an update prior to now.  Still Trying to Be…"
16 hours ago
Gary Gleason replied to Gary Gleason's discussion Digital Radome quit working
"The radar stopped working again. I managed to get it recognized by the chart plotter for about 1 minute and then it quit again. I have 13.5v measured at the radome connector. The diagnostics on the c95 show NMEA packets being sent but none returned.…"
18 hours ago
andy man replied to andy man's discussion A98 + Mercury Gateway problems
"Thanks.  You guys make it too easy.  You are right, the data was there.  All I had to do was start the engine to watch the rpm move and oil temp.   This is why I have nothing but raymarine on my boston whaler!"
yesterday
Charles Rheintgen replied to Charles Rheintgen's discussion No Sonar Icon on RL70C with DSM250 Sounder
"Thank you for your input.  I think I am actually getting close to understanding.  However, the way mine is set up is like this.  At the DSM250, I have 3 plugs/wires, 1) goes to the transducer, 2) is the power and 3) is a single three…"
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service