RS130 installation: need to extend the supplied SeaTalkng spur cable

I recently installed the RS130 and the supplied SeaTalkng spur cable is too short. Can the cable be cut and spliced? I need at least 12 more feet. I would rather have an extension cable with one male and one female end but couldn't find one on the Raymarine web site. I am running the spur cable to the E22158 Seatalk1 to SeaTalkng converter.

Thanks

Views: 355

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cutting / splicing SeaTalkNG cables is discouraged. One possibility is plug the existing RS130 spur in to an in-line terminator (A80001) , then 5 meter backbone cable (A06036) to a blue receptacle on your E22158 SeaTalkNG 1 to SeaTalkNG converter.

The SeaTalkng cable supplied with the RS130 is white and the instructions say to plug into a white receptacle on the converter. Will your suggested solution give me the same results?

Yes. On the " in- line terminator" you will see one white & one blue receptacle. Plug the white spur cable in to the white receptacle. Plug the blue backbone cable in to the blue receptacle. On the SeaTalk 1 to SeaTalkNG converter remove 1 of the blue terminator plugs and install the blue backbone cable in it's place.

Hello Ed,

Mike is 100% correct. Thank you for your clear and concise explanation.

You cannot extend the spur cable length (the max length for a spur is 6 meters). So in this case you would extend the backbone to the end of the RS130's spur cable and utilize the in-line terminator.

Please see Page 23 of the attached RS130 GPS Receiver Installation Guide.

3.3 SeaTalkng connection overview —

long cable runs

Use the optional SeaTalkng inline terminator to connect the GPS

receiver’s spur cable directly to the extreme end of the SeaTalkng

backbone using the inline terminator. This removes the need for a

T-piece connector and a separate terminator, making it easier to

achieve a long cable run.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Barry Shapiro's discussion Navionics Syncing
"Noted."
9 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Charlie Stackhouse's discussion Navionics chart not showing any detail on Voyage Planner
"Noted."
9 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Torkel Jodalen's discussion Tidal graph - easy access?
"Note."
9 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Richard Lewczuk's discussion Pilot book information no longer accessible on E95 MFD
"Richard, We have requested some assistance from Navionics with this Pilot Book issue.  This discussion will be updated upon receipt of a response from Navionics."
9 hours ago
Waldou2 replied to Waldou2's discussion Need help with Raymarine equipment
"Thank you both Paul and Moderator, My C80 screen is very old and can hardly look at it in the daylight. The radar definitely does not work. I was wondering if buying the e97 series and conecting with my existing DSM300 and airmar p66 would work.…"
9 hours ago
Ron Ricci replied to Ron Ricci's discussion E125 Chart Display Freeze
"Back again.  I had previously had the s/w on the Ray260 upgraded and installed V11.26 of the E125 s/w.  The first chance to try this was on 8/14.  Since then, it worked fine until this Saturday…"
9 hours ago
TJ replied to DAVID PRITCHARD's discussion Commissioning P70 autopilot
"Older versions of software in the autopilot allowed for water speed to tell the AP what speed the vessel was traveling. Newer version looks for the GPS speed over ground. If you have a Fishfinder and have no speed paddle wheel, go into the setup of…"
12 hours ago
Rod Swank replied to Rod Swank's discussion ST6002 AutoPilot issue
"The input voltage is 11 to 12 volts.  The course computer model is SPX 30.  Voltage at the clutch terminal on the course computer is about 11 volts.. Also, the drive motor does run when I connect the power to the motor wire terminal at the…"
13 hours ago
Jeff Church updated their profile
13 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to steve krug's discussion AIS transponder not displaying targets
"Steve, It is possible that you may have old software within the AIS receiver, as this can cause intermittent AIS data reception.  Please click here to access the latest software for your AIS650."
13 hours ago
Richard Lewczuk replied to Richard Lewczuk's discussion Pilot book information no longer accessible on E95 MFD
" The information on the label of the adapter sleeve is as follows: Lake Ontario;MSD/648P+;   US1IUZNAIL11SS .   PLS refer to image below of the Platinum Plus sleeve and the chip (SanDisk 8 GB class 4, micro SDHC) PLS note that I am…"
16 hours ago
Marcelo Remotti updated their profile
16 hours ago
Marcelo Remotti replied to Barry Shapiro's discussion Navionics Syncing
16 hours ago
peter j geltman replied to peter j geltman's discussion No Pilot on ST 7002
"I had the NO PILOT come on again and stay on for the duration of a two hour trip. Had a tech look at it and he said perhaps a bad Type 100 (old computer) or control head. All connections looked good according to him. Later on that…"
17 hours ago
Marcelo Remotti replied to Torkel Jodalen's discussion Tidal graph - easy access?
"I just purchased a new a98MFD with Lighthouse and Navionics Plus cartography and had the same need, was looking for tidal information required way too many keystrokes. I think an option or alternative would be to allow users to add…"
17 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Waldou2's discussion Need help with Raymarine equipment
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Waldou2, You will need to expand upon your "GPS" concerns, as updating your MFD's software with the latest C-Series Classic MFD software and then updating your Navionics cartography will…"
18 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service