RS130 installation: need to extend the supplied SeaTalkng spur cable

I recently installed the RS130 and the supplied SeaTalkng spur cable is too short. Can the cable be cut and spliced? I need at least 12 more feet. I would rather have an extension cable with one male and one female end but couldn't find one on the Raymarine web site. I am running the spur cable to the E22158 Seatalk1 to SeaTalkng converter.

Thanks

Views: 265

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cutting / splicing SeaTalkNG cables is discouraged. One possibility is plug the existing RS130 spur in to an in-line terminator (A80001) , then 5 meter backbone cable (A06036) to a blue receptacle on your E22158 SeaTalkNG 1 to SeaTalkNG converter.

The SeaTalkng cable supplied with the RS130 is white and the instructions say to plug into a white receptacle on the converter. Will your suggested solution give me the same results?

Yes. On the " in- line terminator" you will see one white & one blue receptacle. Plug the white spur cable in to the white receptacle. Plug the blue backbone cable in to the blue receptacle. On the SeaTalk 1 to SeaTalkNG converter remove 1 of the blue terminator plugs and install the blue backbone cable in it's place.

Hello Ed,

Mike is 100% correct. Thank you for your clear and concise explanation.

You cannot extend the spur cable length (the max length for a spur is 6 meters). So in this case you would extend the backbone to the end of the RS130's spur cable and utilize the in-line terminator.

Please see Page 23 of the attached RS130 GPS Receiver Installation Guide.

3.3 SeaTalkng connection overview —

long cable runs

Use the optional SeaTalkng inline terminator to connect the GPS

receiver’s spur cable directly to the extreme end of the SeaTalkng

backbone using the inline terminator. This removes the need for a

T-piece connector and a separate terminator, making it easier to

achieve a long cable run.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Joe Welna posted discussions
10 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to John Markunas's discussion e7d transducer setup
"John, At the time of this response, the latest available for your MFD was v9.45."
14 minutes ago
John Markunas replied to John Markunas's discussion e7d transducer setup
"Hi Moderator   Thanks for the info. I believe I am running Lighthouse Version 8. But I will check for the lastest version and update my MFD if necessary. Thanks Again John Markunas "
16 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Isaac Burge's discussion C80 navionics gold xg chip
"You're welcome."
16 minutes ago
Kip Craig posted a status
"Will the covers from the Raymarine adapter kit such as R70010 fit the face of the c80"
16 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to James Judilla's discussion C80 UPGRADE
"You're welcome."
16 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Joe Welna's discussion MFD Networking, multiple questions
"Joe, Q2: If I bring a SeatalkNG connection to a second MFD, in addition to just the master, can I use this to provide redundancy and the ability to switch masters, in the event the primary MFD fails or is damaged? A2: Yes. Q4: Can the…"
17 minutes ago
NKO, Raymarine, US replied to Jean Baillargeon's discussion Industry Canada Number
"Hi Jean,  The IC Number is: IC 4069B-24DD4KW "
17 minutes ago
Profile Iconmichael lambert, Frederick C. Meyer, Marc Curreri and 15 more joined Raymarine Technical Forum
21 minutes ago
Joe Welna replied to Joe Welna's discussion MFD Networking, multiple questions
"Thank you for your very comprehensive answer. I have 2 minor points of clarification:   Q2: If I bring a SeatalkNG connection to a second MFD, in addition to just the master, can I use this to provide redundancy and the ability to switch…"
22 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Richard Scarinzi's discussion Video in adapter cable
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Richard, Raymarine does not offer such an adapter cable.  The E-Series Classic MFDs were supplied with a Video Input Cable with four female BNC plugs to support interfacing up to four sources of NTSC/PAL…"
22 minutes ago
NKO, Raymarine, US replied to Roger Boxall's discussion New digital radar connected to E80 (v5.56) but E80 cannot turn it on!
"Hi Roger,  The E80's software should be version V5.69.  The currently installed version of software within the MFD is specified within the MFD's legal disclaimer in the lower right hand corner of which must be acknowledged each…"
26 minutes ago
James Judilla replied to James Judilla's discussion RADAR ANTENNA PROPER INSTALLATION
"Good luck with your project."
30 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to John Markunas's discussion e7d transducer setup
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum John, Please verify that you have updated your MFD with the latest a/c/e/gS-Series MFD software update.  Transducer selection may be accessed via the command sequence…"
32 minutes ago
James Judilla replied to Isaac Burge's discussion C80 navionics gold xg chip
"Thanks,"
33 minutes ago
NKO, Raymarine, US replied to Klaus Beckmann's discussion RL70C plus Radar Screen/Cable issue
"Hi Klaus,  Raymarine does not recommend cutting and splicing radar cables as this will void the warranty on the radar cable. Therefore, I cannot recommend that you do this. That being said, Raymarine recognizes that it is done in the industry,…"
34 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service