RS130 installation: need to extend the supplied SeaTalkng spur cable

I recently installed the RS130 and the supplied SeaTalkng spur cable is too short. Can the cable be cut and spliced? I need at least 12 more feet. I would rather have an extension cable with one male and one female end but couldn't find one on the Raymarine web site. I am running the spur cable to the E22158 Seatalk1 to SeaTalkng converter.

Thanks

Views: 599

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cutting / splicing SeaTalkNG cables is discouraged. One possibility is plug the existing RS130 spur in to an in-line terminator (A80001) , then 5 meter backbone cable (A06036) to a blue receptacle on your E22158 SeaTalkNG 1 to SeaTalkNG converter.

The SeaTalkng cable supplied with the RS130 is white and the instructions say to plug into a white receptacle on the converter. Will your suggested solution give me the same results?

Yes. On the " in- line terminator" you will see one white & one blue receptacle. Plug the white spur cable in to the white receptacle. Plug the blue backbone cable in to the blue receptacle. On the SeaTalk 1 to SeaTalkNG converter remove 1 of the blue terminator plugs and install the blue backbone cable in it's place.

Hello Ed,

Mike is 100% correct. Thank you for your clear and concise explanation.

You cannot extend the spur cable length (the max length for a spur is 6 meters). So in this case you would extend the backbone to the end of the RS130's spur cable and utilize the in-line terminator.

Please see Page 23 of the attached RS130 GPS Receiver Installation Guide.

3.3 SeaTalkng connection overview —

long cable runs

Use the optional SeaTalkng inline terminator to connect the GPS

receiver’s spur cable directly to the extreme end of the SeaTalkng

backbone using the inline terminator. This removes the need for a

T-piece connector and a separate terminator, making it easier to

achieve a long cable run.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Gary Carr updated their profile
43 minutes ago
João Azevedo updated their profile
1 hour ago
Gary Prisco updated their profile
Apr 20
Russell A. Baine updated their profile
Apr 19
Randy hillman updated their profile
Apr 10
Michael Jon Willson updated their profile
Apr 8
Jack Lindeman updated their profile
Apr 8
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Doug Rousso's discussion Merc Gateway And Raymarine autopilot not compatible.
"The Raymarine Technical Community Forum is CLOSED - Announcement of New Raymarine Forum With the goal of continuing to provide Raymarine customers and prospective Raymarine customers world class pre-sales, installation, operation, and…"
Apr 6
Doug Rousso replied to Doug Rousso's discussion Merc Gateway And Raymarine autopilot not compatible.
"Wow Chris.  I'm excited.  I was at my boat this past weekend and updated to the latest releases from Raymarine (Mar 2016) but didn't write down the versions.  I ended up unplugging the gateway last summer because It was just…"
Apr 6
Chris Ruckman replied to Chris Ruckman's discussion Possible to interface Raymarine rudder transducer to Smartcraft?
"I was able to resolve this problem by installing the latest software updates.  I now have these versions: P70R controller, E22167: 2.17RS130 GPS, E32153: 2.2ACU-200, E70099: 1.13STI-STNG converter, E22158: 2.01I70 display, E22172: 2.18EV-1…"
Apr 6
Chris Ruckman replied to Doug Rousso's discussion Merc Gateway And Raymarine autopilot not compatible.
"The latest software upgrades fixed the problem!  I have these versions: P70R controller, E22167: 2.17RS130 GPS, E32153: 2.2ACU-200, E70099: 1.13STI-STNG converter, E22158: 2.01I70 display, E22172: 2.18EV-1 autopilot, E70096: 1.11C80 MFD,…"
Apr 6
Chris Ruckman replied to Chris Ruckman's discussion Mercury SmartCraft Gateway interfering with auto-pilot
"The latest software upgrades fixed the problem!  I have these versions: P70R controller, E22167: 2.17RS130 GPS, E32153: 2.2ACU-200, E70099: 1.13STI-STNG converter, E22158: 2.01I70 display, E22172: 2.18EV-1 autopilot, E70096: 1.11C80 MFD,…"
Apr 6
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Patrick Stinson's discussion St60(+?) tridata won't power on
"Patrick, Thanks for the update.   With the goal of continuing to provide Raymarine customers and prospective Raymarine customers world class pre-sales, installation, operation, and troubleshooting support, Raymarine has designed a new…"
Apr 4
Patrick Stinson replied to Patrick Stinson's discussion St60(+?) tridata won't power on
"I finalyl figured it out. The previous owner ran the 12VDC into a switch on the old-school odometer found in the cabin. wow. thanks for the help!"
Apr 3
Clarence Harvey shared a profile on Facebook
Apr 1
Robert Novak liked Brian Turton's discussion i50 not reading depth.
Apr 1

© 2016   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service