RUBBER ON END OF CORD HAS DETERIORATED AND THE PUSH TO TALK BUTTON FELL OUT

NEED A REPLACEMENT MICROPHONE THAT WILL WORK IN THIS UNIT 

Views: 8689

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Robert,

Unfortunately, replacement microphones for the Ray215 are no longer available and the Ray215 is not compatible with any microphones other than the R49015 (supplied with the Ray215) and the optional E46019 Ray215 Full Function Handset (part of the E46021 Ray230/215 Full Function Second Station Kit w/Speaker).  

The replacement part number for the Ray215 microphone cord is R49060.  

Should you have a failed Ray215 microphone and/or the microphone's cord is in need of replacement, then it is recommended that it be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be serviced.

Can you provide price for a R49085 replacement cord?

Also price to replace it if I send in the mic?

Thanks

After searching some more on this forum I find different part #'s in differnt replies to a similar request... replacement mic cord for Ray215 radios

One reply states...

The Raymarine Part Number for the Ray215 Mic Cord is: R49060  and another 

The Raymarine Part Number for the Ray215 Mic Cord is: R49085

Can you clarify... Are these both applicable?  what the difference is?

My Ray215 mic has channel up/down buttons and emergency call functions only,

Thanks

Donald,

The correct part number for the Ray215 mic cable is R49060.  The R49085 handset cable is designed for use with the Ray230.  These cables are not substitutes for one another.

Raymarine parts may be ordered from an authorized Raymarine dealer or from Raymarine Order Services (orderdesk@raymarine.com; 603.324.7637).  Unfortunately, Raymarine policy prohibits Technical Support from addressing product/parts availability and pricing questions.  Such questions should be addressed to Raymarine's Order Services where the latest information may be obtained.  Raymarine, Inc. does not have access to the inventories of individual dealers.

If the Ray215 fist microphone is intact (i.e. shell not broken), then Raymarine will charge $75 to repair this microphone (including replacement of its cable).

Is repair of the RAY 215 mic (cord replacement only) still possible?

Joe,

Repair services (cable replacement) for Ray215 microphones continues to be available from Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

I have 2 RAY215 radios and both have working but cracked (missing plastic) microphones. Do I just send the mics, or is there a reason to send the entire unit?

Is there one charge to just fix the mic and another to refurbish the entire unit, or might as well send all for a good going over?

Has anyone come up with a product to better protect the mics...like a neoprene cover? Every Sea Ray Sundancer I see has the mic in the same place, right in front of the left knee by the helm. If I get this fixed, I'll need to move it and maybe add a bungee lanyard to avoid contact with the deck.

Thanks!

Steve

Forgot to ask... can the second station full function handset be used in place of the regular mic?

Steve,

As the Ray215 microphone/cable assembly is designed to be easily unplugged from the face of the radio or second station, you need only send the microphone/cable assembly.  That said, sending in the radio will ensure that it is also operating with the latest software and that its circuits are functioning properly.

Is the Ray215 cord still available?  The cover on my cord is disintegrating.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

• Add Photos

Latest Activity

Sam updated their profile
Monday
captdanpatrick updated their profile
Sunday
Rick Fadler replied to Rick Fadler's discussion Adding Radar
"Thank you, this is really helpful!"
Sunday
Jan van der Loos replied to duco camphuijsen's discussion Ray49E error code
"Question regarding the RAY49E VHF. I'm rewiring the system. The NMEA output of the VHF, with the NMEA datasets DSC and DSE. How are they processed further in the system? It will be linked with a MFD C127.  Thanks in advance. "
Nov 13
Keith M Rodger updated their profile
Nov 7
Brad Young updated their profile
Oct 31
Jim Pra replied to Neil McCubbin's discussion Where to find full manual for a TackTick mn 100-2 wind display
"This link is no longer active.  Is the guide available somewhere else? Thanks, Jim"
Oct 30
Michael Edwards updated their profile
Oct 30
Steve Yama replied to son nguyen's discussion Part No. for Auto pilot Pump M81120 Type 1 12V
"Did you ever find your seal?  My pump is starting to leak also between the pump and motor.  Not a lot but getting to be a nuisance."
Oct 17
Brent Meyer updated their profile
Sep 21
Robert Garrett liked Robert Garrett's profile
Sep 13
James Coolbaugh replied to Michael McDonald's discussion Integrating ST60+ instruments to eS78 Chartplotter via Seatalk Conversion Kit
"Greetings, Thia may be a bit late,but I'll try. I just installed the eS78 MFD with the Quantum (wireless) radar, which I want to use with my existing ST60 series instruments. With my old radar, they interfaced fine, but with the new…"
Sep 8
martin schulman replied to martin schulman's discussion nmea connector- C 80 chartplotter to VHF
"I can give you very little help here. After jerking around with the connection for months I finally decided to skip it. The Standard Horizon, which works beautifully despite the small screen is below and required leaving the helm to read.  I…"
Sep 4
Peter Stewart replied to martin schulman's discussion nmea connector- C 80 chartplotter to VHF
"I am purchasing a Standard Horizon gx2200 vhf with GPS and AIS. I currently have a C80 MFD. On the back of the mfd the NMEA IN/OUT connection is available. Using a RO8004 cable with the appropriate connection on one end can I join up the C80 at the…"
Sep 4
COUCHSAILORS.com updated their profile
Aug 24
COUCHSAILORS.com replied to Steve C's discussion ST60+ Tridata Not Calibrating to SOG
"When I press reset to accept the SOG which I am seeing it beeps but still shows 0.0 and doesn't transfer the SOG to the speed. Please advise."
Aug 24

© 2017   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service