I have purchased an RC435 chart plotter, but the previous owner misplaced the power cable while upgrading his electronics.  Raymarine has no replacement cables to offer (unit less than 10 yrs old).  The RC435 owner's manual has a wire color to function chart (i.e., red=bat. pos.), but without the cable and its colored wires, the chart is not useful.  The 7-pin connector is still available from Gemeco, and they indicated the pins are numbered (as looking at the back of the plotter where the cable plugs in) counterclockwise starting with 1 at the locating notch. I found another RC435 manual online that gave some pin info, but not complete.  The list of wire colors and their functions are given in the manual as follows: Black=bat. neg.; Red=bat. pos.; White=NMEA input (+ve); Green=NMEA input (-ve) common; Gray=not connected; Yellow=NMEA output (+ve); Brown=NMEA output (-ve) common; Screen (bare)=not connected.  Can anyone give me the pin number to match each wire color or each function?  I need all pins identified, since I will be interfacing with the Raymarine st1000+ tiller pilot I recently purchased.  Thanks for the help!

Views: 1146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Mike,

With the RC435/RC435i Power/NMEA Cable plug's female pins facing toward you and the indexing keyway located at 12 O'Clock, the pins are defined as follows going clockwise from the indexing keyway:

1. Black = bat. neg.
  2. Red = bat. pos. (10.0VDC to 18.0 VDC)
  3. White = NMEA input (+ve)
  4. Green = NMEA input (-ve) common
  5. Gray = not connected
  6. Yellow = NMEA output (+ve) ... connect to ST1000+ NMEA IN+ port
  7. Brown = NMEA output (-ve) common ... connect to ST1000+ NMEA IN- port

Mike,

See the message sent to you earlier today.

Thanks for all the help!

You're welcome ... Happy Boating!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Derek Hillen's discussion Forward-looking sonar?
"Noted."
5 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Torkel Jodalen's discussion Tidal graph - easy access?
"Noted."
7 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Ben's discussion e92130 RADAR interface w/ an e7d
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Ben, 1) While it is certainly possible to power the radar scanner from the same power circuit supplying the MFD with power, it is generally recommended that it be powered from a dedicated power circuit.…"
11 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Bill's discussion e97 radar connection
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Bill, Raymarine offers Digital Radar Cables featuring a RJ45 (M) plug on one end and also offers Digital Radar Cables featuring a RayNet (F) plug on one end.  Generally, the cable featuring the RJ45 plug…"
23 minutes ago
Profile Iconfrank haskell, Terry Ney, Kerry and 12 more joined Raymarine Technical Forum
30 minutes ago
William Shaproski posted a discussion

ST7002 A/P Controller Only Displays Rudder Bar in Auto Mode

This is a problem with one of the A/Ps on my Amel Super Maramu ketch currently in Fiji.  On one of my two ST7002 Auto Pilot Controllers, the Rudder Bar only shows when in Auto mode and not when in Standby mode.  This is a serious concern when navigating in tricky conditions in Standby mode.  Here’s my situation;I have dual auto pilots using dual ST7002 Controllers and dual Smart Pilot X30 Computers.  I believe Controller #1 was new in 2010 and #2 was new in 2013.  They control a Lecomble &…See More
30 minutes ago
Roko posted a discussion

E120s flashing when using ACR spotlight at night / Adding sirius weather

2 E120 Classics installed (version 5.69 on both) and work perfectly until I go to use the ACR100 spotlight. When the spotlight is in use, the master and slave units will flash to full bright with no display in screen and then back to their normal 'night' display mode. When this happens there is no intervention / button pushing required by me to get them to work properly again. Its like a very quick, momentary power loss or interruption, but not enough of an interruption to make it shut down…See More
30 minutes ago
Richard Renner posted a discussion

ST 6001

I have a ST 6001 AUTO HELMSMART PILOT. THE control head when engaged says pow mot swapped. The computer b was changed and the motor was tested and works fine. What do I do next. RickSee More
31 minutes ago
Bill posted a discussion

e97 radar connection

Haven't been able to find an answer to this one so here goes.  I need to cut the radar cable to allow access through hardtop.  Not enough space to fish through existing conduit.  I can cut the end and fasten a new plug at the e97 display side.  Is this possible? If so were can I purchase the appropriate plug?  Not sure what it's even called.  7 pin female or something along those lines.  I know its not recommended to cut the cable but I have NO other options, with the exception of drilling…See More
33 minutes ago
Alan Page posted a discussion

Sonar Not Working

I am having trouble with my sonar. It was working last year now its not. I did a system reset earlier this year to fix the Radar which now works but not the sonar does not. It does not read the depth or anything. Database error I believe the message is. Any suggestions?See More
33 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Thomas Bartolomei's discussion Sky View
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Thomas, The software installed within SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter which you have installed to bridge GPS data from the Raystar 130 GPS Sensor to SeaTalk is not designed to bridge satellite usage, signal…"
34 minutes ago
Detlef B replied to Peter Capobianco's discussion AIS Reprogram
"and one more. :-) "
35 minutes ago
Thomas Bartolomei posted a discussion

Sky View

I've replaced a Raystar 120 with the new Ray130 and noticed I no longer have the Sky View feature operating as it once did with the older GPS receiver.  I have the C120 classic MFD and while the sky view screen pulls up under GPS status menu, it no longer lists the satellites it is tracking or using.  I gather this feature(or data) is driven by the receiver itself and discontinued in the 130?Appreciate any confirmation or clarification.Tom See More
42 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Chris roberts's discussion E97 Wi-Fi
"Chris, I can only suggest that you are incorrectly typing the MFD's Wi-Fi password into the mobile device's Wi-Fi connect field.  You may want to consider temporarily configuring the MFD for no security to permit you to temporarily…"
43 minutes ago
Chris roberts posted a discussion

E97 Wi-Fi

When I try to connect to my WI-Fi is says password invalid? I am using the pass phrase shown under passphrase in settings/Wi-Fi connections?
46 minutes ago
DAN RICHTER posted a discussion

FISHFINDER

Hi there everyone!I have a E90W display and a DSM300 Digital sounder. My fishfinder seems to work fine in shallow water, but as soon as I get into the deep sea my fishfinder seems to do noting but scan for the bottom. If it doesn't find the bottom, it won't target fish or really do anything but continue to scan for the sea floor. If I move into shallow water my fishfinder finds the sea floor it will work properly. Does anyone have any suggestions? I normally fish California off shore but the…See More
46 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service