I have purchased an RC435 chart plotter, but the previous owner misplaced the power cable while upgrading his electronics.  Raymarine has no replacement cables to offer (unit less than 10 yrs old).  The RC435 owner's manual has a wire color to function chart (i.e., red=bat. pos.), but without the cable and its colored wires, the chart is not useful.  The 7-pin connector is still available from Gemeco, and they indicated the pins are numbered (as looking at the back of the plotter where the cable plugs in) counterclockwise starting with 1 at the locating notch. I found another RC435 manual online that gave some pin info, but not complete.  The list of wire colors and their functions are given in the manual as follows: Black=bat. neg.; Red=bat. pos.; White=NMEA input (+ve); Green=NMEA input (-ve) common; Gray=not connected; Yellow=NMEA output (+ve); Brown=NMEA output (-ve) common; Screen (bare)=not connected.  Can anyone give me the pin number to match each wire color or each function?  I need all pins identified, since I will be interfacing with the Raymarine st1000+ tiller pilot I recently purchased.  Thanks for the help!

Views: 1273

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Mike,

With the RC435/RC435i Power/NMEA Cable plug's female pins facing toward you and the indexing keyway located at 12 O'Clock, the pins are defined as follows going clockwise from the indexing keyway:

1. Black = bat. neg.
  2. Red = bat. pos. (10.0VDC to 18.0 VDC)
  3. White = NMEA input (+ve)
  4. Green = NMEA input (-ve) common
  5. Gray = not connected
  6. Yellow = NMEA output (+ve) ... connect to ST1000+ NMEA IN+ port
  7. Brown = NMEA output (-ve) common ... connect to ST1000+ NMEA IN- port

Mike,

See the message sent to you earlier today.

Thanks for all the help!

You're welcome ... Happy Boating!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Paul replied to Graham Stephen's discussion Updating firmware on SeaTalk/SeaTalkNG Converter, i70 and ST70
"OK, well it has been well over a year since the original question came up.  Has a way been found to update the firmware on the i70 from a PC?  Like the original poster I have i70 displays as cockpit instruments and an Actisence gateway…"
14 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to roddy henderson's discussion E-80 MFD white screen, after lightning nearby
"Roddy, You may want to try the Factory Reset procedure found here.  However, I suspect that it's going to need to be repaired."
21 minutes ago
Peter Hinton replied to roddy henderson's discussion E-80 MFD white screen, after lightning nearby
" I have a very similar problem. Just plugging the power plug in starts the cycle and it continues until the power plug is removed.   Did you find resolution to your problem?   Peter"
25 minutes ago
Profile IconJim Bearden, Peter Hinton, Michael Sharpe and 7 more joined Raymarine Technical Forum
26 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Rick Bell's discussion NO GPS on RAY55 from AIS650
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Nick, The AIS350/650/500 AIS Receiver/Transceivers are not designed to function as SeaTalkng to NMEA 0183 data bridges.  Had your AIS650 been interfaced via 38400 BAUD NMEA 0183 communications to your…"
26 minutes ago
Rick Bell posted a discussion

NO GPS on RAY55 from AIS650

I am trying to have my AIS650 send GPS data to my RAY55 using the low speed MNEA0183 bus in a new installation.I have an E127 connected to the AIS650 via NGI have connected the AIS650 to the RAY55 using the low speed bus as per the wiring diagram on page 43 of the AiS650 manual 05-2011High speed NMEA bus not connected as I am using NG to all other devices.The AIS650 is configured and sending data to my I70's and E127 just fine.The AIS is sending serial data just fine, shown on the ProAIS…See More
33 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Adam Hyde's discussion Engine Alarms require too many button presses on ignition
"Noted."
34 minutes ago
paul shared William Coohon's discussion on Twitter
44 minutes ago
paul replied to William Coohon's discussion i70 v2.17
"Seems strange that Raymarine didn't take the same approach that they did with the a,c,e series 10.41 release withdrawal and publicised the withdrawal. I have i70 V2.17 installed and now have no idea what to do or whether Raymarine will support…"
46 minutes ago
Adam Hyde replied to Adam Hyde's discussion Engine Alarms require too many button presses on ignition
"I have been in touch with Raymarine's product management team and supplied them a log file.   I am pleased to report that they have found the problem and have said the fix will be included in Lighthouse v.12 when it is next released."
55 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to FRANCO Campana's discussion Synching Sirrus radio to Raymarine C80 model
"Franco, MFD is the acronym for Multifunction Display (i.e. the C80).  Your C80 MFD is operating with very old software (i.e. v4.25) and should be updated to v5.16 per the information found here.  Unfortunately, like electronic devices of…"
58 minutes ago
Rich posted a discussion

A77 MFD Boat Setup Question

Is it possible to attach one A77 MFD to a Minn Kota US2 transducer and a Raymarine transom mount transducer simultaneously and switch between them or do you need two networked MFDs with one transducer plugged into each?  At some point in time I would like to have a MFD capible of Chirp DI and SI networked to the a 2D sonar MFD but the budget won't allow it all this year.  I am considering getting the A77 now in case it gets discontinued in the near future.Your time to respond and thoughts are…See More
1 hour ago
Luis Rodriguez posted a discussion

apelco 365 and L365 fishfinders

Hello. I have a fishfinder apelco 365, but it's getting bad. Can I use and apelco L365 with the same power and transducer cables  from the 365, so I don't haveto run new cables?See More
1 hour ago
Michael Womble replied to Jes Brinch-Iversen's discussion 4 kW or 12 kW SHD
"this is my question as well...the benefit of the 12k over the 4k with a 48" open array is only target definition since the scanner height won't change.  Is the difference substantial enough to justify the additional cost?  I…"
1 hour ago
Cyril Silberman replied to Cyril Silberman's discussion ST-60 rudder sender
"Well, I believe I'm at the end of my rope.  I'm afraid I will not be able to get usable data from the Ray marine ST60 system output from the E85001 translator in NMEA 0183.  For the record the depth is also corrupt, it…"
1 hour ago
FRANCO Campana replied to FRANCO Campana's discussion Synching Sirrus radio to Raymarine C80 model
"Thank you for your response.  I am trying to follow you up as well as I can understand, but I am not sure what do you mean by MFD, and SDR. I did as suggested in point 1 and there was not a specified signal strength since under connection state…"
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service