I have purchased an RC435 chart plotter, but the previous owner misplaced the power cable while upgrading his electronics.  Raymarine has no replacement cables to offer (unit less than 10 yrs old).  The RC435 owner's manual has a wire color to function chart (i.e., red=bat. pos.), but without the cable and its colored wires, the chart is not useful.  The 7-pin connector is still available from Gemeco, and they indicated the pins are numbered (as looking at the back of the plotter where the cable plugs in) counterclockwise starting with 1 at the locating notch. I found another RC435 manual online that gave some pin info, but not complete.  The list of wire colors and their functions are given in the manual as follows: Black=bat. neg.; Red=bat. pos.; White=NMEA input (+ve); Green=NMEA input (-ve) common; Gray=not connected; Yellow=NMEA output (+ve); Brown=NMEA output (-ve) common; Screen (bare)=not connected.  Can anyone give me the pin number to match each wire color or each function?  I need all pins identified, since I will be interfacing with the Raymarine st1000+ tiller pilot I recently purchased.  Thanks for the help!

Views: 1075

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Mike,

With the RC435/RC435i Power/NMEA Cable plug's female pins facing toward you and the indexing keyway located at 12 O'Clock, the pins are defined as follows going clockwise from the indexing keyway:

1. Black = bat. neg.
  2. Red = bat. pos. (10.0VDC to 18.0 VDC)
  3. White = NMEA input (+ve)
  4. Green = NMEA input (-ve) common
  5. Gray = not connected
  6. Yellow = NMEA output (+ve) ... connect to ST1000+ NMEA IN+ port
  7. Brown = NMEA output (-ve) common ... connect to ST1000+ NMEA IN- port

Mike,

See the message sent to you earlier today.

Thanks for all the help!

You're welcome ... Happy Boating!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Joe Ashton's discussion x10 Will rudder feed back help in calibration?
"What is the RAM capacity of the drive cylinder/pump, or the make and model number?"
11 minutes ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Larry Hemmerich's discussion AutoPilot BANGS
"Not a good location to test an autopilot at the dock, because it is trying to hold a heading and see movement to react.  I would check the Response setting within the system, you have stated that you have adjust the Rudder Gain."
13 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Craig E. Johnston's discussion Replacement for SeaTalk remote Keypad?
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Craig, Unfortunately, as you have suggested, parts and service are no longer available for the subject Alphanumeric Keypad.  Raymarine did not design/manufacture a successor to this MFD accessory.…"
41 minutes ago
Mick replied to Mick's discussion i70 depth not working
"Still thinking this is a calibration or some sort of setting, that I am missing.  The depth comes in and out of function and it is just the depth?  Voltage is steady and has not dropped below 12.5vdc. I inspected the seatalkng…"
1 hour ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Jeff Zimmerman's discussion Adjusting "Lake Level" C70
"You're welcome."
1 hour ago
Jeffery A. Gaul posted discussions
1 hour ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to dan weiss's discussion st70 auto pilot not holding heading
"Have you tried re-calibrating the compass?  What is the course computer and drive in the system?  I have also enclosed a compass test to confirm a working fluxgate compass in the system. Compass Test: Multi-meter should be set to: (a)…"
1 hour ago
Mathieu Neron posted a discussion

AP Course T150 and Gyroplus 2

I have a T150 Course computer with Gyro Plus 2. The fluxgate is connected to the course computer and the Gyro Plus 2 is powered through SeaTalk, the Gyro Rate output is linked to the AP input gyro rate.All seems to be well connected though the Red LED on the Gyro Plus 2 is always flashing is this normal ? If not what should I do and why does my ST6001+ does not show me the AST setting option?Regards,MathieuSee More
1 hour ago
Jose Alvarez posted a discussion

Raymarine Ray54

I just purchased a boat with a Raymarine Ray 54 VHF. The radio turns on but the mic and cable were cut. How much it would be to fix it ?See More
1 hour ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Jeffery A. Gaul's discussion Inaccurate Water Temp Readings
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Jeffery, Raymarine's MFDs feature +/-9.9 degrees of temperature offset via the MFD's Fishfinder Settings (MENU->FISHFINDER SETUP->TEMPERATURE OFFSET) to compensate for transducer thermistor…"
1 hour ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Mary Lynn Wilmore's discussion ST6000 Replacement
"What is the drive in the existing autopilot system?  The ST6001 and Type 300 should work with your system."
1 hour ago
Seid Hodzic posted a discussion

C 80 Classic and DSM 300 Problems

I have problems with my DSM300 connected to my C80 for more then three years.  Most of the time it gives me a 'No Data Source' message.  If I turn DSM300 on before C80, it powers up and gives normal working green blinks. As soon as I turn C80 on it works for a few minutes and then it gives me a "No Data Source" message. If I turn on C80 first, it is pretty much the same, it works a few minutes and then the message. I have tried a lot of things in the past three years, always thinking it was…See More
1 hour ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Mircea Tomus's discussion Raymarine X-5 on/0ff switch
"No, heading will be coming from the fluxgate compass connected to the X5 course computer. Course Over Ground data from a GPS is only available underway, and the autopilot will require heading whenever powered."
1 hour ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Air Raid's discussion AutoHelm Failure at Sea after new unit.
"What is the displacement weight of the vessel?"
1 hour ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Joel Gunn's discussion Rudder sensor cable
"Yes, the rudder reference sensor cable can be cut and connected to the course computer."
1 hour ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Mike Kelliher's discussion seatalk1 to e-7
"The e7 does not have a Seatalk 1 interface, it is strictly Seatalk NG.  What Navico autopilot do you have?  With the Navico autopilot the Gyro Plus II heading sensor is a redundant piece, the heading sensor is only if you don't have…"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service