I have purchased an RC435 chart plotter, but the previous owner misplaced the power cable while upgrading his electronics.  Raymarine has no replacement cables to offer (unit less than 10 yrs old).  The RC435 owner's manual has a wire color to function chart (i.e., red=bat. pos.), but without the cable and its colored wires, the chart is not useful.  The 7-pin connector is still available from Gemeco, and they indicated the pins are numbered (as looking at the back of the plotter where the cable plugs in) counterclockwise starting with 1 at the locating notch. I found another RC435 manual online that gave some pin info, but not complete.  The list of wire colors and their functions are given in the manual as follows: Black=bat. neg.; Red=bat. pos.; White=NMEA input (+ve); Green=NMEA input (-ve) common; Gray=not connected; Yellow=NMEA output (+ve); Brown=NMEA output (-ve) common; Screen (bare)=not connected.  Can anyone give me the pin number to match each wire color or each function?  I need all pins identified, since I will be interfacing with the Raymarine st1000+ tiller pilot I recently purchased.  Thanks for the help!

Views: 1400

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Mike,

With the RC435/RC435i Power/NMEA Cable plug's female pins facing toward you and the indexing keyway located at 12 O'Clock, the pins are defined as follows going clockwise from the indexing keyway:

1. Black = bat. neg.
  2. Red = bat. pos. (10.0VDC to 18.0 VDC)
  3. White = NMEA input (+ve)
  4. Green = NMEA input (-ve) common
  5. Gray = not connected
  6. Yellow = NMEA output (+ve) ... connect to ST1000+ NMEA IN+ port
  7. Brown = NMEA output (-ve) common ... connect to ST1000+ NMEA IN- port

Mike,

See the message sent to you earlier today.

Thanks for all the help!

You're welcome ... Happy Boating!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Edward Perez's discussion AutoPilot heading issue
"I would recommend replacement, the part number for the new replacement is M91190.  You will be able to purchase that at your favorite Raymarine Dealer."
15 minutes ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Brian smith's discussion Raypilot 650
"Take the pump wires directly to a 12 volt power source, it should go hardover in one direction, then switch the wires on the power source it should go hardover in the other direction.  That would confirm the drive is working properly.…"
18 minutes ago
Profile IconTom Fish, Dwight Coles, Jason Hennig and 9 more joined Raymarine Technical Forum
22 minutes ago
david greene replied to david greene's discussion lighthouse sd micro preloaded
"New question, when I start loading waypoints and routes will I have to do this for each chart "vectore, raster, split screen" or do i enter it in just once and when I pull up the chart I can pull it up through the menu system? Thanks"
27 minutes ago
Bob Brown replied to Edward Perez's discussion AutoPilot heading issue
"Hi I'm having an issue with the heading mode on my Autohelm. I ran the test on the compass leads with the following results: Red to Green - 15 ohms Red to Yellow - 15 ohms Green to Yellow - 8 ohms Screen to Blue - 7 ohms Can you confirm…"
1 hour ago
Wayne Jeffress replied to Wayne Jeffress's discussion CP200 to A98 Connection
"Cable arrived hooked it up and all is well. NMEA 2000 net with Point-1 GPS antenna and heading sensor is online as well. Thanks again for the help. "
1 hour ago
Dauvillier commented on Dauvillier's album

Ray 260

"Dear Int. Department, Some time ago I requested where I would be able to find the Raymarine 2450 External speaker, according to the West marine tech department it was replaced by the 260 version. (See the message below) I tried to connect it for the…"
2 hours ago
Mark Quinlan replied to Mark Quinlan's discussion Configuring a C120 classic to work with Simrad AP 24
"Thank you very helpful!  I"d like to go the Seatalk route instead of 0183 because of the inherent data speed transmission advantage.  Can you confirm that Seatalk will send the  depth and navigation data into the Seatalkng/NMEA…"
8 hours ago
Brian smith replied to Brian smith's discussion Raypilot 650
"I switched the wires on the pump and I got hard left turn.  Also checked the Ohms reading on the Fluxgate compass and they where all reading right.  I am in the process of trying to locate the fluxgate compass on the boat with no luck so…"
12 hours ago
Bill Ehlke replied to Bill Ehlke's discussion HD Digital Radar not starting when system is powered on
"app version 2.49 bootcode version 1.10 baseboard version 3.20 BTW - the system has worked fine for a few years.  It just stopped working a week ago. "
14 hours ago
Pete W. replied to Pete W.'s discussion tacktick wind instrument repair
"The wind display seems to recognize the masthead unit as the windspeed, in knots, appears reasonably accurate.  However, the wind indicator "spins" in all directions, and seldom points in the correct direction. "
15 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Pete W.'s discussion tacktick wind instrument repair
"What is the problem your experiencing?"
15 hours ago
Pete W. posted a discussion

tacktick wind instrument repair

Must I return my masthead unit to Raymarine, or can a local dealer resolve my problem? thanksSee More
16 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Sam Moore's discussion A70 Chartplotter - Male or Female Seatalk 2000ng connector?
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Sam, The NMEA 2000 protocol does not specify the physical characteristics of the plugs and sockets within a system.  As such, Raymarine's SeaTalkng spur and backbone networking products may be used…"
17 hours ago
Sam Moore posted a discussion

A70 Chartplotter - Male or Female Seatalk 2000ng connector?

Hi,I have an A70 Chartplotter.Currently it's moving data via NMEA 0183.I'm changing to NMEA 2000.The chart plotter is about a 3.5 hr drive away.I'm wondering is the connector on the back of the unit male or female?Reason for that question is there are two different parts that convert from SeaTalk 2000g to NMEA 2000.  One is male the other is female.Part #'sFemale Cable - A06045Male Cable - A06046Thanks!Sam Moore…See More
17 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Kurt Breitkreuz's discussion Raymarine a78 mounting bracket part#?
"You're welcome."
18 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service