I have purchased an RC435 chart plotter, but the previous owner misplaced the power cable while upgrading his electronics.  Raymarine has no replacement cables to offer (unit less than 10 yrs old).  The RC435 owner's manual has a wire color to function chart (i.e., red=bat. pos.), but without the cable and its colored wires, the chart is not useful.  The 7-pin connector is still available from Gemeco, and they indicated the pins are numbered (as looking at the back of the plotter where the cable plugs in) counterclockwise starting with 1 at the locating notch. I found another RC435 manual online that gave some pin info, but not complete.  The list of wire colors and their functions are given in the manual as follows: Black=bat. neg.; Red=bat. pos.; White=NMEA input (+ve); Green=NMEA input (-ve) common; Gray=not connected; Yellow=NMEA output (+ve); Brown=NMEA output (-ve) common; Screen (bare)=not connected.  Can anyone give me the pin number to match each wire color or each function?  I need all pins identified, since I will be interfacing with the Raymarine st1000+ tiller pilot I recently purchased.  Thanks for the help!

Views: 1887

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Mike,

With the RC435/RC435i Power/NMEA Cable plug's female pins facing toward you and the indexing keyway located at 12 O'Clock, the pins are defined as follows going clockwise from the indexing keyway:

1. Black = bat. neg.
  2. Red = bat. pos. (10.0VDC to 18.0 VDC)
  3. White = NMEA input (+ve)
  4. Green = NMEA input (-ve) common
  5. Gray = not connected
  6. Yellow = NMEA output (+ve) ... connect to ST1000+ NMEA IN+ port
  7. Brown = NMEA output (-ve) common ... connect to ST1000+ NMEA IN- port

Mike,

See the message sent to you earlier today.

Thanks for all the help!

You're welcome ... Happy Boating!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Chip Walpole updated their profile
10 hours ago
Panda H replied to Jeff kaller's discussion Remote for ST2000+ - Z101
"I have a new Ev100 autopilot wheel system with ev-1, acu100 and p70. Can I use an z101 remote with it and how do I connect?"
10 hours ago
Harry Juris replied to Charles Lamb's discussion ST 60 close haul wind indicator
"I am having exactly the same problem. I have followed the manual through step 4. When I enter the wind angle mode, the screen already reads 0 but when I exit user calibration the reading is still 180 out. As an experiment, I tried falling off the…"
15 hours ago
Alex Wilson replied to Joe westbury's discussion E97 MFD fuel management capabilities?
" Well, I tried - it seemed as though the file save was successful, however, upon examining the files on the SD card, I have the Lighthouse ID file and the folder containing my previous software updates.  Nothing else appears on that…"
16 hours ago
ER ROU replied to T. Mulrane's discussion i60 gauge operating intermittently
"The problem you are experiencing is different from the one being discussed in this chain. Yours sounds more like a wiring problem. "
16 hours ago
Daniel Huntsinger updated their profile
18 hours ago
Jeff Taylor replied to Jeff Taylor's discussion A95 control app not working
"I will try a system reset. Is there any other way to test the A95's wifi function?  Are the Apps the only things that use the wifi? "
21 hours ago
Toby replied to Toby's discussion networking an a128 to an a98
"Thank you for your help. We have our raynet to raynet cable installed and when we first powered up the MFDs it ask us to pick our main device, so we selected the a 128, but in doing so it seems to have deleted all of our waypoints that were stored…"
21 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Jeff Taylor's discussion A95 control app not working
"Jeff, Q1. Is the app supposed to give me any notice that it has been registered?   A1. No. The only other recommendation is to kill all background apps running on the mobile devices and then try again.  Should the problem persist and…"
yesterday
Jeff Taylor replied to Jeff Taylor's discussion A95 control app not working
"Alright, I did as you suggested.  Is the app supposed to give me any notice that it has been registered?  I did not notice anything.  It started as always and began searching for MFDs to connect with.  I stopped it, reconnected…"
yesterday
Doug Bridges replied to Doug Bridges's discussion Replacing M81188 Linear rudder position sensor
"I finally got every thing to work. The course computer was the problem. I finally found a third party that was able to do a repair on my S1G Course computer. There are people out there that work on these computers, but you have to look around a…"
yesterday
kinematic replied to Andrew Martins's discussion No radar image
"i have the same issue and spent hours trying to get this to work since I upgraded. Is there a way to downgrade to get the overlay back? Shelling out $500 for a heading sensor is not a option that you should expect your customers to pay for a design…"
yesterday
Rex Norman replied to T. Mulrane's discussion i60 gauge operating intermittently
"I installed a i60 wind instrument in 2014 that periodically goes blank, showing the (---) symbol. I returned the instrument once and it worked a while then did the same thing. I returning the mast head transducer and after working a few times went…"
yesterday
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Tim Morris's discussion ECI-100 Compatibility
"Noted."
yesterday
Profile IconRayAnn Reich , William Black, Troy Langford and 15 more joined Raymarine Technical Forum
yesterday
Anton Blok replied to Tim Morris's discussion ECI-100 Compatibility
"It took me a while to get around to installing my RS11, but it was worth it....easy calibration, great support from Noland, and with the female "devicenet to SeaTalkng" cable the unit works like a charm. It reports 6 analog signals, for me…"
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service