I have purchased an RC435 chart plotter, but the previous owner misplaced the power cable while upgrading his electronics.  Raymarine has no replacement cables to offer (unit less than 10 yrs old).  The RC435 owner's manual has a wire color to function chart (i.e., red=bat. pos.), but without the cable and its colored wires, the chart is not useful.  The 7-pin connector is still available from Gemeco, and they indicated the pins are numbered (as looking at the back of the plotter where the cable plugs in) counterclockwise starting with 1 at the locating notch. I found another RC435 manual online that gave some pin info, but not complete.  The list of wire colors and their functions are given in the manual as follows: Black=bat. neg.; Red=bat. pos.; White=NMEA input (+ve); Green=NMEA input (-ve) common; Gray=not connected; Yellow=NMEA output (+ve); Brown=NMEA output (-ve) common; Screen (bare)=not connected.  Can anyone give me the pin number to match each wire color or each function?  I need all pins identified, since I will be interfacing with the Raymarine st1000+ tiller pilot I recently purchased.  Thanks for the help!

Views: 1456

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Mike,

With the RC435/RC435i Power/NMEA Cable plug's female pins facing toward you and the indexing keyway located at 12 O'Clock, the pins are defined as follows going clockwise from the indexing keyway:

1. Black = bat. neg.
  2. Red = bat. pos. (10.0VDC to 18.0 VDC)
  3. White = NMEA input (+ve)
  4. Green = NMEA input (-ve) common
  5. Gray = not connected
  6. Yellow = NMEA output (+ve) ... connect to ST1000+ NMEA IN+ port
  7. Brown = NMEA output (-ve) common ... connect to ST1000+ NMEA IN- port

Mike,

See the message sent to you earlier today.

Thanks for all the help!

You're welcome ... Happy Boating!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Mark Quinlan replied to Mark Quinlan's discussion Configuring a C120 classic to work with Simrad AP 24
"When I click the link above, it says that V1.21 software is not available to download for the C Series Classic.  My dealer says that the manufacturer date on the converter he has in stock was Jan 2015 so I assume it has the latest software load…"
2 minutes ago
Bad Marc - Raymarine.US replied to bill miller's discussion auto pilot, e127, compass
"Has the pilot been calibrated? Is there any iron or steel within 3' of the EV-1 sensor ? Any magnetism within 3' of the EV-1 sensor ? "
27 minutes ago
Bad Marc - Raymarine.US replied to Andy Burkholder's discussion What are my autopilot options for a stern drive with power assist steering
"T70154 is perfect. It is rated to 9 cui."
40 minutes ago
Bad Marc - Raymarine.US replied to Gary D. Roy's discussion EV-400 Sail hyd pump compatibility
"Noted"
45 minutes ago
Bad Marc - Raymarine.US replied to Jeff Wiley's discussion Raymarine ST4000 to ST4000+ control head swap
"Noted"
53 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Michael Mastrole's discussion Wifi Router to Network Switch to display e120w on my iPad
"Noted."
1 hour ago
Craig Davis posted a discussion

Upgrade to Lighthouse II v13.37 on e7D MFD - Problems with charts

I upgraded my e7D from Lighthouse v11.26 to v13.37 and had problems with chart display even after a Reset from the menu selection in the MFD.1. The onscreen instructions (in red text, during the upgrade) say to leave the SD card in the reader until instructed to remove it. Before and after the automatic reboot I did not see an instruction to remove the upgrade SD card from the reader. When is the correct point in the procedure to remove the card?2. Pictures attached show one of the results of…See More
1 hour ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Dennis Cesari's discussion DTW with Auto
"Dennis, It is not possible to add the data to the Pilot Controls feature which you have described.  The Databar is a feature displayed at the top of the page (unless you have configured the MFD to hide this feature).  The Databar may be…"
1 hour ago
Jeffrey Weems replied to Michael Mastrole's discussion Wifi Router to Network Switch to display e120w on my iPad
"  Another somewhat silly option if you has a WiFi router on board and don't want to run cable(s) to the remote location(s), would be to mount a WiFi web camera so it pointed at the Ewide's screen. Then you can use your PC or other…"
2 hours ago
Jeffrey Weems replied to Michael Mastrole's discussion Wifi Router to Network Switch to display e120w on my iPad
"It seems Michael and others with Ewide MFDs might be satisfied with simply being able to use their PC, or a PC monitor, as a dumb repeater at a remote location from the Ewide MFD to simply mirror what is displayed on the EWide's…"
2 hours ago
Dennis Cesari replied to Dennis Cesari's discussion DTW with Auto
"I was able to add a data box with the DTW but cannot see how to add info on the data bar at the bottom.  Is it possible to add the info in the data bar like it is when in "track" mode?"
2 hours ago
Jeffrey Weems updated their profile
3 hours ago
Charles McSorley posted a status
"I recently purchased am A95 MFD, and would like to know if there is a sailboat helm pod, specifically designed for the A95?"
3 hours ago
Richard Dyer posted a status
"I need to know if my C90 is compatible with the CP 200 sonar?"
3 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Jon Fitch's discussion Waypoint/route upload to new e series MFD
"Noted."
3 hours ago
Mark Rivers replied to Jon Fitch's discussion Waypoint/route upload to new e series MFD
"Jon, You may like to try the following method. In the Chart menu: select My Data/Routes and then select "New Route". You can add waypoints to your new route by selecting existing waypoints or by entering a lat/long. Your suggestions about…"
4 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service