I have purchased an RC435 chart plotter, but the previous owner misplaced the power cable while upgrading his electronics.  Raymarine has no replacement cables to offer (unit less than 10 yrs old).  The RC435 owner's manual has a wire color to function chart (i.e., red=bat. pos.), but without the cable and its colored wires, the chart is not useful.  The 7-pin connector is still available from Gemeco, and they indicated the pins are numbered (as looking at the back of the plotter where the cable plugs in) counterclockwise starting with 1 at the locating notch. I found another RC435 manual online that gave some pin info, but not complete.  The list of wire colors and their functions are given in the manual as follows: Black=bat. neg.; Red=bat. pos.; White=NMEA input (+ve); Green=NMEA input (-ve) common; Gray=not connected; Yellow=NMEA output (+ve); Brown=NMEA output (-ve) common; Screen (bare)=not connected.  Can anyone give me the pin number to match each wire color or each function?  I need all pins identified, since I will be interfacing with the Raymarine st1000+ tiller pilot I recently purchased.  Thanks for the help!

Views: 1191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Mike,

With the RC435/RC435i Power/NMEA Cable plug's female pins facing toward you and the indexing keyway located at 12 O'Clock, the pins are defined as follows going clockwise from the indexing keyway:

1. Black = bat. neg.
  2. Red = bat. pos. (10.0VDC to 18.0 VDC)
  3. White = NMEA input (+ve)
  4. Green = NMEA input (-ve) common
  5. Gray = not connected
  6. Yellow = NMEA output (+ve) ... connect to ST1000+ NMEA IN+ port
  7. Brown = NMEA output (-ve) common ... connect to ST1000+ NMEA IN- port

Mike,

See the message sent to you earlier today.

Thanks for all the help!

You're welcome ... Happy Boating!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Nijal Wheeler replied to Nijal Wheeler's discussion dragonfly cartography
"Thank you."
1 hour ago
Tom Mitchell replied to Tom Mitchell's discussion Autopilot question
"Do you know if there is any software update for the S1000 to improve the low speed operation? On mine, since it gets the speed as COG from the C80, it doesn't come out fast enough for the S1000. The default error condition is hard starboard if…"
2 hours ago
Tom Mitchell replied to Tom Mitchell's discussion Autopilot question
"I'll have to look tomorrow.  This is what my old pump looks like.  It's a S1000 autopilot system. I think it's a Seastar.  I'll get the exact number tomorrow."
2 hours ago
Richard D Nichols updated their profile
3 hours ago
Ron Ricci replied to Ron Ricci's discussion E125 Chart Display Freeze
"I just updated the I70 software to V2.17 and the iTC-5 to 1.12.  The E125 is at V11.26 and the Ray 260 was recently updated to V2.03.  These are the latest versions shown on the Raymarine website.  It may take some time to…"
3 hours ago
Brien Akers replied to Brien Akers's discussion E120 classic with DSM30 sonar
"Just as an FYI, the DSM300/DSM30 Installation Manual does not include any "A" series cables as options for any MFD networks(new or classic). For E series systems the recommended cables are all "E" series(E55049 etc) There should…"
3 hours ago
David Miller Sr replied to Andrew Aicardi's discussion AP No Pilot
"just one more thought when I look at my MFD it displays SEATALK information about my wind and depth how come it does not display anything about the instruments when I go to items of. external interfaces SEATalk? or even see the data that is being…"
4 hours ago
David Miller Sr replied to Andrew Aicardi's discussion AP No Pilot
"I have the varying voltage between the shield and yellow and also 13.1 volts between the red and shield . I was measuring voltages at the flux gate connections across the red and shield I get 2.46 volts also shield to green and yellow to shield…"
5 hours ago
Rick frank replied to Rick frank's discussion Ev 200 to c80
"No better just running on auto ram capacity 8.3 cu in raymarine part number t70157 gross weight of the boat is 17000 lbs full load with 24 degree dead rise could it be the pump. "
5 hours ago
Hector Silva Izquierdo updated their profile
5 hours ago
gregory thomas replied to gregory thomas's discussion dragonfly configuration
"back home and just back from the marina.  as you suspected, 'user error'!  since the sonar was working perfectly, I carefully looked, and wrote down, each of the settings.  I then moved to the DownVision configuration and…"
6 hours ago
Eric Mercer replied to Eric Mercer's discussion Dragon Fly loses bottom
"I have adjusted the transducer more than I have been on the boat, I have moved it up and down one click at a time to see if I could prevent this from happening, with no luck.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it losing bottom, it…"
6 hours ago
Lisa Mikhjian replied to Lisa Mikhjian's discussion RayData multifunction display unit
"Could you be more specific with a particular part number (compatible with Ray Data unit M78879 as mentioned above) for a through hull transducer and where might I be able to purchase one?"
6 hours ago
Maurice Colontonio replied to Maurice Colontonio's discussion AIS Problems with Version 11.26 on an E125 Touch Screen
"Hello: I am enclosing an Excel sheet that better reflects the Raymarine Configurations on my boat. Thank you again! Big Moe"
7 hours ago
David Miller Sr left a comment for David Miller Sr
"what are the readings on the wires I should get from the tiller indicator"
7 hours ago
David Miller Sr left a comment for David Miller Sr
"what are the readings on the wires I should get on the flux gate compass"
7 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service