I have purchased an RC435 chart plotter, but the previous owner misplaced the power cable while upgrading his electronics.  Raymarine has no replacement cables to offer (unit less than 10 yrs old).  The RC435 owner's manual has a wire color to function chart (i.e., red=bat. pos.), but without the cable and its colored wires, the chart is not useful.  The 7-pin connector is still available from Gemeco, and they indicated the pins are numbered (as looking at the back of the plotter where the cable plugs in) counterclockwise starting with 1 at the locating notch. I found another RC435 manual online that gave some pin info, but not complete.  The list of wire colors and their functions are given in the manual as follows: Black=bat. neg.; Red=bat. pos.; White=NMEA input (+ve); Green=NMEA input (-ve) common; Gray=not connected; Yellow=NMEA output (+ve); Brown=NMEA output (-ve) common; Screen (bare)=not connected.  Can anyone give me the pin number to match each wire color or each function?  I need all pins identified, since I will be interfacing with the Raymarine st1000+ tiller pilot I recently purchased.  Thanks for the help!

Views: 1355

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Mike,

With the RC435/RC435i Power/NMEA Cable plug's female pins facing toward you and the indexing keyway located at 12 O'Clock, the pins are defined as follows going clockwise from the indexing keyway:

1. Black = bat. neg.
  2. Red = bat. pos. (10.0VDC to 18.0 VDC)
  3. White = NMEA input (+ve)
  4. Green = NMEA input (-ve) common
  5. Gray = not connected
  6. Yellow = NMEA output (+ve) ... connect to ST1000+ NMEA IN+ port
  7. Brown = NMEA output (-ve) common ... connect to ST1000+ NMEA IN- port

Mike,

See the message sent to you earlier today.

Thanks for all the help!

You're welcome ... Happy Boating!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

ray hickman updated their profile
5 hours ago
Kevin Parsell shared a profile on Facebook
6 hours ago
Daniel Libera replied to Daniel Libera's discussion e125 and ST8001
"The e125's came with the latest v12.26."
9 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Daniel Libera's discussion e125 and ST8001
"Daniel, One last question before we attempt to duplicate the issue report issue.  What version of software is presently installed within your e125 MFD?"
11 hours ago
Eric West replied to Eric West's discussion C97 and E120 classic
"Perfect! Thanks "
11 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Brett bliss's discussion Navionics freshest data and dragonfly
"You're welcome."
11 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Eric West's discussion C97 and E120 classic
"Eric, Q1: Can I utilize both ports on the MFD's instead of purchasing a HS5 switch?  A1: Yes. Q2: Could I connect the CP300 to the C125 via SThs, Connect the 2 MFD's together with SThs, connect the future Radar to the C95 via…"
11 hours ago
Brett bliss replied to Brett bliss's discussion Navionics freshest data and dragonfly
"That was my problem thanks "
11 hours ago
Profile Iconray hickman, Karl, john pavao and 1 more joined Raymarine Technical Forum
11 hours ago
Peter Kohlmann posted a discussion

Tactic Wind only showing two directions.

My Tactic Wind instrument is only showing two directions. It transmits speed fine. Is there anything I can do to fix this or should I see about returning it to Raymarine for service?
11 hours ago
Eric West posted a photo

IMG_20130530_183243_645

2002 Sportcraft 3150
11 hours ago
Eric West updated their profile
11 hours ago
Eric West replied to Eric West's discussion C97 and E120 classic
"Ok Thanks - I'll sell the E120 So now I am going to get a C125 and integrate it into the system.  I want to make sure I get the right Network set up. This is what I am planning: C95 C125 CP300 With B60 - SThs SPX 10 - STng ST70 -…"
11 hours ago
Daniel Libera replied to Daniel Libera's discussion e125 and ST8001
"I believe the course computer is an SG3. The small oval identifying label is missing from the cover. The boat is a 2006 Sea Ray 58 Sedan Bridge. It appears Sea Ray was installing these during that period."
11 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Daniel Libera's discussion e125 and ST8001
"Daniel, You may want to consider configuring the MFD's Autopilot Control feature to OFF and then engage track mode until such time as this can be looked into further.  What model of autopilot course computer installed within your system."
12 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Eric West's discussion C97 and E120 classic
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Eric, Unfortunately, E-Series Classic MFDs (E80, E120) may not be interfaced to an Ethernet (SeaTalkhs/RayNet) network which also features a new a/c/e/gS-Series MFD.  While it is possible to interface…"
12 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service