im looking to connect a gps antenna to my raymarine Raychart BC420.

My raymarine  has two cable. The big black one, that end with seven coloured wires 

Brown,white,yellow, green, gray,red and black 

and the small white one for the gps antenna whit 4 coloured wires, red,green,yellow and 

brown other then the...metal coating, I do not know the english word, we in Italy we call it Calza.

The Evermore Sa-320,  contrary to what reported in the online manuals, has five coloured wires ( and not 6 or 7 wires as the manual!) that are red,black, blue and green and the metal coating 

And after two days of work I have absolutely no idea how to connect them..

I need help .. :-)

Lorenzo

Florence Italy

Raychart%20post.Jpg

cable%20for%20gps%20from%20rayteon.JPG

main%20cable%20of%20rayteon.JPG

evermore%20sa320.jpeg

Evermore%20sa%20320%20cable1.jpeg

Views: 6716

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Lorenzo,

Please see the following snapshot taken from the Evermore SA-320's Installation Guide describing the GPS sensor's wires:

Please see the screen snapshot of the Raystar 112LP/120LP NMEA 0183 GPS Sensor's Cable

As these sensors support both 4800 and 9600 BAUD NMEA 0183 communications, you will need to follow the manufacturer's instructions for configuring the GPS sensor for 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 communications before interfacing the GPS sensor to the Raymarine equipment.

The Raystar 112LP GPS Sensor's Cable with plug will need to be retained and spliced to the new GPS Sensor's cable.  After configuring the GPS sensor for 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 communications, then the GPS sensor will be interfaced to the Raystar 112LP GPS Sensor's Cable as follows:

• Connect the Raystar 112LP GPS Sensor's +12V (red) lead to the Evermore SA-320's power supply (blue) lead
  • Connect the Raystar 112LP GPS Sensor's ground (screen) lead to the Evermore SA-320's ground (green) and signal ground (black) leads
    Connect the Raystar 112LP GPS Sensor's Cable's NMEA IN+ (green) lead to the Evermore SA-320's power supply (violet) lead
  • Connect the Raystar 112LP GPS Sensor's Cable's NMEA OUT+ (yellow) lead to the Evermore SA-320's power supply (brown) lead
Thaks for the aswer. But if you see my first post, the cable of my used evermore sa320 has not a violet vire and has not the wires described in the on line manual ma only red,blue,black ,white and green wires. This is for me the mani problem..

Lorenzo
Attachments:

Lorenzo,

As the GPS sensor's NMEA 0183 IN+ lead would only be required to support commanding the GPS sensor to restart, you could probably skip connecting the Raystar 112LP/120LP to anything.  However, should you desire to command the GPS to restart, then I would recommend that you contact the manufacturers of the Evermore GPS sensor to obtain an updated definition for the GPS sensor cable's leads.  Without this information, it would not be possible to further recommendations.

Thanks, you are right. I will try to contact the Evenmore manifacturers and let you known.
Have a good year!

Lorenzo

You're welcome.

Evermore ( Mrs Ariel Cheng ) answered me Today:

Hello Lorenzo,

Red wire: VCC power (+12V)

Green wire: Tx, Output signal

White wire: Rx, imput signal

Black wire: Ground

Gray wire: Shield wire, signal ground

Blue wire: Not used

Lorenzo,

The following installation instructions reflect the updated information provided by Evermore:

The Raystar 112LP GPS Sensor's Cable with plug will need to be retained and spliced to the new GPS Sensor's cable.  After configuring the GPS sensor for 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 communications, then the GPS sensor will be interfaced to the Raystar 112LP GPS Sensor's Cable as follows:

• Connect the Raystar 112LP GPS Sensor's +12V (red) lead to the Evermore SA-320's power supply (red) lead
  • Connect the Raystar 112LP GPS Sensor's ground (screen) lead to the Evermore SA-320's ground (black) and signal ground (gray) leads
    Connect the Raystar 112LP GPS Sensor's Cable's NMEA IN+ (green) lead to the Evermore SA-320's power supply (white) lead
  • Connect the Raystar 112LP GPS Sensor's Cable's NMEA OUT+ (yellow) lead to the Evermore SA-320's power supply (green) lead
thank you very much for the time that you lost to reply. No one is so kind here in Italy..
Tomorrow i'll try

Lorenzo

You're welcome.

Macboatmaster,

The following installation instructions reflect the last information provided by Evermore ... this was correct as of the date it it was written:

• Connect the Raystar 112LP GPS Sensor's +12V (red) lead to the Evermore SA-320's power supply (red) lead
  • Connect the Raystar 112LP GPS Sensor's ground (screen) lead to the Evermore SA-320's ground (black) and signal ground (gray) leads
  • Connect the Raystar 112LP GPS Sensor's Cable's NMEA IN+ (green) lead to the Evermore SA-320's power supply (white) lead
  • Connect the Raystar 112LP GPS Sensor's Cable's NMEA OUT+ (yellow) lead to the Evermore SA-320's power supply (green) lead

Hahahahaha, you're all totally wrong. Should have bought it from www.gps-galore.co.uk

The guy's an expert on these.

The information was not wrong when posted. I suggest you look at the date of the post before adding stupid comments

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

• Add Photos

Latest Activity

Eric West updated their profile
Tuesday
Mark Chapman updated their profile
Jan 12
aaron sherman updated their profile
Jan 10
Craig T. Olsen updated their profile
Dec 31, 2017
David Lane replied to Tiago Menezes's discussion Night mode
"Good day and happy new year to this forum group.   Question: When can we expect Raymarine to ad a night color palette to its line of MFDs?  It’s been talked about in this forum for at least 3 years.   I am 100% satisfied with…"
Dec 31, 2017
Bob Atkins replied to Bob Atkins's discussion Current C-MAP NT+ and NT chart chips do NOT work properly on RL70C
"Hi Thomas, Please read the moderator's instructions on April 8, 2013 and my posting on October 31, 2013 on page 1 of this discussion. The issue has to do with the Plotter Mode setting. The Plotter Mode must be OFF for all…"
Dec 30, 2017
THOMAS A RICH replied to Bob Atkins's discussion Current C-MAP NT+ and NT chart chips do NOT work properly on RL70C
"Good Morning, I also have a Rl80 with the old chip and has worked perfect without any updates except last month it performed exactly as you described.  The maps I have always used now say no Data.  I was going to buy a new chip, but not…"
Dec 30, 2017
Northlightinvest replied to Ben Campbell's discussion Wheelpilot Broken Part
"Dear raymarine team! Please, give information, that where can I order this part from Hungary. 3001-984-B Thanks!"
Dec 27, 2017
Russ Colombo left a comment for lee christiansen
"Lee: Guilty as charged, now gleeful denizen of Marco Island and still sailing.  How good of you to contact, and what news??? "
Dec 14, 2017
Russ Colombo and lee christiansen are now friends
Dec 14, 2017
Russ Colombo updated their profile
Dec 13, 2017
Herve Pugin replied to cliff mesirov's discussion Mirroring via VGA to HD TV
"I have a trouble with a Gs95 HDMI output, Is the format the same: 720P ?"
Dec 11, 2017
Matthew Peacock replied to Philippe Jean Figueroa's discussion System builder and Visio icons
"Bump.  Still not resolved."
Dec 2, 2017
Bill Sincox updated their profile
Dec 1, 2017
David Jovanovic commented on Ross Smelley's blog post ECI-100 to Volvo Penta EDC1
"I hawe the same question ! Regards"
Nov 24, 2017
Sam updated their profile
Nov 20, 2017

© 2018   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service