PC/SeaTalk/NMEA interface box E85001, need cable advice

I am all new to Raymarine's seatalk ng network.  I have purchased the EV-200 autopilot system and now I am trying to connect to my laptop with the PC/SeaTalk/NMEA interface box E85001, problem is it neither comes with cable nor does it list the required cables.  I have searched Raymarine and the entire web but I cannot find cables to go from the SeaTalk ng network to the interface box and I am guessing that to go from the box to my pc I need cable part number E86001.

Views: 725

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Kurtis,

The Evolution autopilot is designed to exclusively support SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications protocol.  The end result of any adaptation performed is to end up with SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications protocol for use by the autopilot using the fewest number of conversions possible.  As such, answer to your question concerning how to interface the Evolution autopilot to the PC is in part dependent upon the navigational software application which will be run on the PC and the communications protocol which is supported by that application.

SeaTalk: the only application that I am aware of featuring support for SeaTalk communications is RayTech RNS 6.1/6.2 software.  RayTech RNS 6.1/6.2 software would also be the only navigational softare application that we would typically recommend use of the E85001 PC/SeaTalk/NMEA 0183 Interface module as part of the kit to interface the PC to the Evolution autopilot.  See the attached chart addressing how a DB-9 PC Serial Data Cable would be interfaced to the E85001.  The serial data cable color codes within this chart are applicable only to the E86001 PC/Serial Data Cable.  If using a third party serial data cable, then the pin numbers specified within the same attached chart should be used.  Should the PC not feature a DB9 Serial Port, then it is strongly recommended that the SeaLevel Serial to USB Adapter referenced with the attached chart be obtained to adapt the serial data cable for use with a USB port.

Either of the PC/SeaTalk/NMEA 0183 Interface Module's SeaTalk ports will be interfaced to the the yellow SeaTalk port of a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter (updated with v1.21 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter software) of an E22158 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit using the supplied A22164 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable (cut off the cable's black 3-Pin SeaTalk plug to access the cable's red, yellow, and black leads).  One of the two blue SeaTalkng Terminations Plugs included with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit should be installed within either of the the two blue backbone ports of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.  The SeaTalkng Power Cable supplied with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit should be interfaced to the one of the white SeaTalkng spur ports of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit and to a 12VDC power circuit.  Should an ACU200 or ACU300 be installed onboard, then the ACU should be configured to NOT power the SeaTalkng backbone.

The EV-1, ACU, and p70/p70R will each be interfaced to the white SeaTalkng spur ports of an A06064 SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector.  The remaining blue SeaTalkng Terminations Plug included with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit should be installed within either of the two blue backbone ports of the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector.  Finally, the remaining blue SeaTalkng backbone port of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter and remaining blue SeaTalkng backbone port of the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector will be joined with an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable (400mm (A06033), 1m (A06034), 3m (A06035), 5m (A06036), 9m (A06068), or 20m (A06037))

NMEA 0183: This is the most commonly supported marine electronics communications protocol for third party navigational PC applications.  RayTech RNS 6.1/6.2 software additionally features support for NMEA 0183 communications with marine electronics.  Actisense and other third party marine electronics communications adapter manufacturers offer NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 adapters and some featuring a USB interface (ex. Actisense NGW-1-USB, etc.).  The NGW-1-USB will be interfaced to the PC's USB port and to an A06045 SeaTalkng to DeviceNet Female Adapter Cable.  The white SeaTalkng Spur plug of the SeaTalkng to DeviceNet Female Adapter Cable will be connected to the white SeaTalkng spur port of an A06064 SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector.  An A6031 Termination Plug will be inserted into either blue blackbone port of the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector.

The EV-1, ACU, and p70/p70R will each be interfaced to the white SeaTalkng spur ports of an A06064 SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector.  A SeaTalkng Terminations Plug should be installed within either of the two blue backbone ports of the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector.  Finally, the remaining blue SeaTalkng backbone ports of the two SeaTalkng 5-Way Connectors will be joined with an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable (400mm (A06033), 1m (A06034), 3m (A06035), 5m (A06036), 9m (A06068), or 20m (A06037)). 

SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000Actisense and other third party marine electronics communications adapter manufacturers offer NMEA 2000 to USB adapters (ex. Actisense NGT-1, etc.).  The NGT-1 will be interfaced to the PC's USB port and to an A06045 SeaTalkng to DeviceNet Female Adapter Cable.  The white SeaTalkng Spur plug of the SeaTalkng to DeviceNet Female Adapter Cable will be connected to the white SeaTalkng spur port of an A06064 SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector.  An A6031 Termination Plug will be inserted into either blue blackbone port of the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector.

The EV-1, ACU, and p70/p70R will each be interfaced to the white SeaTalkng spur ports of an A06064 SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector.  A SeaTalkng Terminations Plug should be installed within either of the two blue backbone ports of the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector.  Finally, the remaining blue SeaTalkng backbone ports of the two SeaTalkng 5-Way Connectors will be joined with an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable (400mm (A06033), 1m (A06034), 3m (A06035), 5m (A06036), 9m (A06068), or 20m (A06037)). 

Attachments:

Thank you for your help but this does not answer my question.  I am using the RayTech RNS 6.1/6.2 software. I have then E86001 cable to connect my pc to the C/SeaTalk/NMEA 0183 Interface Module and the seatalk to seatalk ng kit but what I need to know is what cable to use for connecting from the  C/SeaTalk/NMEA 0183 Interface Module to the seatalk network.  I am already using the yellow connection for the s100's pod to connect.  Does this mean I have to buy another seatalk to seatalk ng kit? 

Kurtis,

Thanks for clarifying the interface problem that you are seeking assistance with.  In the future, listing all of the products that are to be interfaced onboard will aid in providing a more targeted response.  

If you review the SeaTalk portion of the prior response, you will find that it did indeed specify that the PC/SeaTalk/NMEA 0183 Interface Module was to be interfaced to the the yellow SeaTalk port of a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter (updated with v1.21 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter software) of an E22158 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit using the supplied A22164 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable (cut off the cable's black 3-Pin SeaTalk plug to access the cable's red, yellow, and black leads).

It is not necessary to purchase another SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Adapter Kit to add the PC/SeaTalk/NMEA 0183 Interface Module to your system given the marine electronics items which you have specified onboard thus far.  The following two methods may be used to interface the PC/SeaTalk/NMEA 0183 Interface Module to your system:

• the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable which is presently connected to the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter's SeaTalk port may be connected to a D244 SeaTalk 3-Way Junction Block.  The D244 will then be interfaced to the one of the PC/SeaTalk/NMEA 0183 Interface Module's SeaTalk ports and the S100's base station will each be interfaced to the D244 using appropriate lengths of SeaTalk Cable which have hand the plug removed from one end. 
  • the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable may be connected to one of the SeaTalk ports of the PC/SeaTalk/NMEA 0183 Interface Module after cutting off the cable's black 3-Pin SeaTalk plug to access the cable's red, yellow, and black leads.  The S100's base station would then be connected to the second SeaTalk port of the PC/SeaTalk/NMEA 0183 Interface Module using and appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable which has had the 3-Pin SeaTalk plugs removed each end.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Roko replied to Roko's discussion No bottom at all with E120s, CP300, and B164
"Due to the non existent performance with the CP300 I have sourced a used hungary made DSM300. I'll be changing over from CP300 to DSM300 and possibly updating the software. Can you please provide install instructions and latest software…"
9 hours ago
Frank M. Clemente replied to Carl Hawkins's discussion Boat Heading
" "
10 hours ago
Brett Densmore replied to Brett Densmore's discussion C120 connection to an EV-200 pilot system
"Right now i am in the process of installing the pilot. Mostly installed  and now its time for the seatalk connections. Currently the only thing in the seatalk port on the C120 is the gps. It is spliced in and out of a block. System also runs…"
11 hours ago
Roger Cowles replied to Roger Cowles's discussion Wind Transducer Not Working
"Sorry, a few more pics that failed to upload...."
14 hours ago
Mrbill419 replied to Mrbill419's discussion MFD's
"The pic#1 is the AirMar tag on the B-60 transducer cable. The #2 pic is the B-60 transducer plug that plugged into the bottom of the old DSM300. The #3 pic is the back of the E127. I have connected the CPT200 to the CP200. I then connected the CP200…"
14 hours ago
Roger Cowles replied to Roger Cowles's discussion Wind Transducer Not Working
"Hello again, Good news is the new wind transducer has arrived.  Bad news is I still cannot get it to work. I was able to get a hold of some brand new Raymarine cable with connection for the vane, so before climbing up the mast again, I figured…"
14 hours ago
Profile IconBob Billeci, Sean, Luis Ruiz and 12 more joined Raymarine Technical Forum
15 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Brett Densmore's discussion C120 connection to an EV-200 pilot system
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Brett, Unfortunately, I don't have a system diagram to offer, but its very easy to interface these items using a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit.  Is the EV-200 autopilot system already…"
15 hours ago
Brett Densmore posted a discussion

C120 connection to an EV-200 pilot system

Is there a drawing of the wiring hook up to connect an older c120 plotter with the new EV-200 pilot system? I am told I need a seatalk to seatalk ng converter kit but not sure how to hook it all up? I want my new pilot to read and follow my existing courses.See More
15 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to J.R. Farrar's discussion e7 with GX2150, T122, ST4000
"You're welcome."
17 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Peter Korten's discussion How to determine if the trim tabs and outboard motor lower units will interfere with side vision chirp transmission
"You're welcome."
17 hours ago
Mark Duncan posted a blog post

Help with compatability of Raymarine sytems

HiI have a Raymarine RC425 Chartplotter that I need to replace due to UV damaged screen.Obviously that model is no longer available, so what could work and be compatible with;ST60+ Tridata, ST60+ Wind and ST7002 Autopilot.I am also limited in the space on the console, so needs to be of a similar size. 6 1/2" x 7 1/4". Could maybe go a fraction larger.Can anyone advise?ThanksMark See More
17 hours ago
Vladimir posted a discussion

Autopilot 100\300 and ST 7000+

I have Autopilot 100\300 with ST7000+ control plus ST60 wind - close hauled wind instr. , ST60 tridata  and chartplotter c120.A few month ago speed stop working on tridata -I think because of problem with  weel sensor.  A few day ago ST60 wind stop working( display is dead but power goes thru unit to tridata with seatalk cable). On Tridata  deap line show 000 and ST7000+   NO link.I check wires-  one Seatalk line runs from computer to ST insruments and chartplotter and second line to ST7000+.…See More
17 hours ago
James Burgess replied to James Burgess's discussion What nema sentences does the s-1000 need to follow a route?
"Underway, Garmin suggested raymarine would know what sentences were needed.I sent them the four you sent me but have not received a reply.The garmin sentences seem to be the same as the standard nema sentences I found online.      …"
18 hours ago
Peter Korten replied to Peter Korten's discussion How to determine if the trim tabs and outboard motor lower units will interfere with side vision chirp transmission
"Thank you. I know it will encourage people to purchase both the down vision as well as the side vision. Hopefully they will have it by spring. Thanks again."
18 hours ago
J.R. Farrar replied to J.R. Farrar's discussion e7 with GX2150, T122, ST4000
"Thank you!  I verified with Standard Horizon that their output on the GX2150 CAN support 2 listeners so that should not be a problem."
19 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service