1.  How long of a NEMA 0183 sentence will a E90W accept?

2.  What hertz from a heading sensor is required for a  E90W?

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Terry,

1. The length of NMEA 0183 sentences will vary based upon the type of sentence and the data contained therein.  Raymarine's E-Series Widescreen MFDs are designed to support NMEA 0183 v3.01 sentences received at either 4800 or 38400 BAUD.  Please refer to the NMEA 0183 v3.01 specification for the detailed format specification for each NMEA 0183 sentence.

2. Raymarine recommends that a NMEA 0183 v2.1 or later 5-10Hz stabilized heading input (ex. E12102 Pathfinder Smart Heading System (retired), S1G/S2G/S3G, etc.) rather than 1Hz SeaTalk non-stabilized instrument heading inputs (ex. ST40/60+, ST80 Active Compass Sensor (M92649)) be used for radar and other features requiring heading input.  Accuracy and damping of heading data is critical to several features requiring heading data.  Raymarine recommends that accurate 5Hz or greater heading data be supplied to any system using using any of (but not limited to) the following Radar and Chart application features:

• MARPA
  • AIS Targets Displayed within the Radar Application
  • Waypoints Displayed within the Radar Application
  • North Up or Course Up orientiation within the Radar Application
  • Radar Overlay within the Chart Application
  • Heading Vector within the Chart Application
  • Vessel Icon Orientation within the Chart Application (will default to COG when no heading data source is detected)

It is recommended that customer's regularly check the accuracy of products supplying heading data to the system and perform any calibration/alignment required to provide accurate heading tho the system.  

Following the retirement of the Pathfinder Smart Heading Sensor, the T70132 Airmar H2183 Heading Sensor w/NMEA 0183 Cable has been recommended for such purposes.  The part number for the heading sensor alone is A92185 and the part number for its NMEA 0183 Cable is A80131.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

jim owens replied to jim owens's discussion cp370 and tm 260 transducer
"yes and yes,  "
13 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to GregM's discussion a98 MFD
"You're welcome."
19 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to dabood's discussion A78 transducer connections
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Dabood, Q1) Can I connect my DSM 300 to my A78? And would I have to remove (1) of the transducers I have now? Also if I remove (unplug) the side scan can I plug the DSM 300 into it? If I can what…"
20 minutes ago
Todd Nunnally replied to Todd Nunnally's discussion A60 multifunction display-no gps
"Ok, thanks So where do i get the plug for the nmea0183 outlet on my a60 unit? Is there a special number for it and can I buy it at any marine electronics store?"
21 minutes ago
Mitch Thurman replied to Mitch Thurman's discussion E90W Split Screen
"OK when I get back to the boat ill take a pic.. . It's the number for the depth your in,  not showing. Like if your in 5-20 feet of water the chart mode will show you what depth your at whether its 5 ,7 , 12 feet it will show that range on…"
28 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to jim owens's discussion cp370 and tm 260 transducer
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Jim, Within the Fishfinder application, did you configure the application to use either the CP370's 200kHz or 50kHz frequency?  Within the Fishfinder application's Transducer settings, did you…"
28 minutes ago
Randy Lawson replied to Randy Lawson's discussion Raymarine E7D Chartplotter
"OK. The boat is hooked up to shore power, batteries full.  We are waiting for a buddy boat which is being repowered, so we're stuck on a dock. I checked the voltage at the plug on at least 6 different occasions over a 36 hour period. I…"
29 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Randy Lawson's discussion Raymarine E7D Chartplotter
"Randy, Thanks.  The the circuit is not being supplied from a regulated power supply.  It is recommended that the vessel's batteries be fully charged, that that MFD then be tested again while connected to shore power.  Should the…"
34 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Michael Menshek's discussion DSM250 and a P66
"Welcome to the Rayamrine Technical Forum Michael, The E66054 version of the P66 transducer may indeed be used with any of the following sounder modules: DSM250 DSM30 DSM300 CP300 CP370 "
38 minutes ago
Randy Lawson replied to Randy Lawson's discussion Raymarine E7D Chartplotter
"12.9 to 13.4 volts, nothing limits amperage except the breaker in the panel, panel runs off battery bank. The inline fuse is good, was not blown or did not blow with chartplotter powered up. "
39 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Todd Nunnally's discussion A60 multifunction display-no gps
"Todd, The FIND SHIP feature is designed to only be accessible when the display is receiving a GPS position FIX from an interfaced sensor.  In your case, you have a fault GPS sensor and/or damaged GPS port.  The workaround provided within…"
40 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to dabood's discussion Smart Pilot 10/P70r
"Dabood, Q1) The (A78 and E90W) "are not" and "will not" be linked together. I might get rid of the E90W, thats why I'm wondering if I can just use the A78 instead.  A1) From a physical connections standpoint, the…"
43 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Tony O's discussion what do I have to do to replace my old sea talk hs with the new hs5 seatalk
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Tony, Raymarine offers the A80247 RayNet (F) to RJ45 (F) Adaptor which may be used for adapting the RJ-45 plug terminated end of a SeaTalkhs Cable to a RayNet (F) plug."
47 minutes ago
dabood replied to dabood's discussion Smart Pilot 10/P70r
"The (A78 and E90W) "are not" and "will not" be linked together. I might get rid of the E90W, thats why I'm wondering if I can just use the A78 instead.  On the A78 I have (2) transducers side scan and down view with…"
50 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Rob Robinson's discussion Transducer option for older C80 MFD
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Rob, Raymarine no longer offers fishfinder sounder modules for the C-Series Classic MFDs.  If simply seeking depth information, then you may want to consider interfacing a third party NMEA 0183 Smart…"
51 minutes ago
Michael Menshek posted a discussion

DSM250 and a P66

I have a older DSM250 E66007 that we are trying to use in conjunction with a P66 E66054Will that work?See More
56 minutes ago

© 2015   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service