1.  How long of a NEMA 0183 sentence will a E90W accept?

2.  What hertz from a heading sensor is required for a  E90W?

Views: 134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Terry,

1. The length of NMEA 0183 sentences will vary based upon the type of sentence and the data contained therein.  Raymarine's E-Series Widescreen MFDs are designed to support NMEA 0183 v3.01 sentences received at either 4800 or 38400 BAUD.  Please refer to the NMEA 0183 v3.01 specification for the detailed format specification for each NMEA 0183 sentence.

2. Raymarine recommends that a NMEA 0183 v2.1 or later 5-10Hz stabilized heading input (ex. E12102 Pathfinder Smart Heading System (retired), S1G/S2G/S3G, etc.) rather than 1Hz SeaTalk non-stabilized instrument heading inputs (ex. ST40/60+, ST80 Active Compass Sensor (M92649)) be used for radar and other features requiring heading input.  Accuracy and damping of heading data is critical to several features requiring heading data.  Raymarine recommends that accurate 5Hz or greater heading data be supplied to any system using using any of (but not limited to) the following Radar and Chart application features:

• MARPA
  • AIS Targets Displayed within the Radar Application
  • Waypoints Displayed within the Radar Application
  • North Up or Course Up orientiation within the Radar Application
  • Radar Overlay within the Chart Application
  • Heading Vector within the Chart Application
  • Vessel Icon Orientation within the Chart Application (will default to COG when no heading data source is detected)

It is recommended that customer's regularly check the accuracy of products supplying heading data to the system and perform any calibration/alignment required to provide accurate heading tho the system.  

Following the retirement of the Pathfinder Smart Heading Sensor, the T70132 Airmar H2183 Heading Sensor w/NMEA 0183 Cable has been recommended for such purposes.  The part number for the heading sensor alone is A92185 and the part number for its NMEA 0183 Cable is A80131.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Ryan Gilbert updated their profile
4 hours ago
Michael Forbis replied to Michael Forbis's discussion E127 to E97
"Looks like the ST1 course computer connects the 183.  A convertor connects the NG to ST1 for the two ST40 displays.  "
6 hours ago
"Thanks, I'm checking up on the convertor.  It looks like it's all I need however the convertor manual shows the course computer being connected using NMEA 183.  "
6 hours ago
Ryan Gilbert replied to Michael Forbis's discussion E127 to E97
"Here is the answer that I got from the moderator when I asked about interfacing my S1 w/ ST6001 SeaTalk1 autopilot to my new a97 MDF.  It might be possible to do it without the ST1 to STng kit, but I have not seen such a solution. Moderator:…"
6 hours ago
"The system has two ST40 tridata displays and the autopilot has 2 heads on SeaTalk1.  The coarse computer is also in ST1.  The old chartploters were both connected to ST1.  There seem to be a cable that connects STng to ST1. The E127…"
7 hours ago
Ryan Gilbert replied to Michael Forbis's discussion E127 to E97
"Michael, to connect your SeaTalk based autopilot to the a97/e127 SeaTalkng based system, you will need a SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng Converter Kit (Part Number: E22158).  I am in the process of doing the same thing.  From what I have been told…"
10 hours ago
David Hoch replied to David Hoch's discussion No targets on 6 nm scale or higher C80 and RD424 Radome
"Thank you, Underway - that seems reasonable. What happens if it needs a part? Would you please tell me what my options are for replacement of the radar? I have a C80. I don't want to replace the cable... I know it's a 4KW but what model(s)…"
10 hours ago
Ryan Gilbert replied to Ryan Gilbert's discussion a98 Seatalk 1 integration
"Well I decided to go with a wifi equipped a97 (to replace the L1250/DSM250) which I can use with my existing transom transducer via an adapter and a pair of non wifi a68 units (to replace the 2 L770+).  Found a great close out deal on the a68…"
10 hours ago
Mike Allen replied to philip's discussion Can dragonfly show waypoint name next to waypoint symbol ?
"This is a really bad thing, and I would not have bought this unit had I known that it didn't have this capability.  Is there any way to get this feature with a software update?   "
11 hours ago
Allen Timmons replied to Allen Timmons's discussion Problem with getting GPS to an uniden VFH from an a78 MFD
"Thanks for all of your help and support in this matter. I used a digital multi-meter and got the voltage change from the converter as you stated. So there fore it's a problem with the VHF. You have been very helpful and patient with me on this…"
14 hours ago
Shawn Berkel replied to Shawn Berkel's discussion Radar target video show up for several sweeps and disappears for 20 sweeps and then reappears again for a couple sweeps.
"Ok, this is the results of the debug. "
18 hours ago
jeff bradford replied to jeff bradford's discussion e127 with a dsm300
"question. I'm looking at the b164 tilted 1k, what kind of performance will I get on the 600 watt side in the e127 if I find that my dsm300 is also faulty from the storm damage. also what is the difference between the dsm300 and…"
19 hours ago
Ronald Kazmier replied to Ronald Kazmier's discussion AWS and TWS not working
"Here are the results: Red to shield: 7.9 volts steady Blue to shield: 2.4 fluctuating after the decimal Green to shield: 2.3 fluctuating after decimal Yellow to shield: 3.2 fluctuating after decimal "
23 hours ago
Mark Rutherford replied to Mark Rutherford's discussion i70 in setup cannot find transducers
"I have successfully upgraded the i70s to V2-18. When I use the i70 to look for transducers it now finds the ITC5 but that is all. The system diagram is attached to the first message of this thread. I want to calibrate the compass. Any tips about how…"
yesterday
Dh Jackson replied to Dh Jackson's discussion GPSMAP 740 to T122 wiring
"Alrighty, I connected the NMEA OUT (+) port on the T122 to the 740 Data In port and, like magic, all expected functions (check the attachment for the wiring diagram/installed hardware/functions) worked as expected. Only problem is that about 30…"
yesterday
Dan eversole replied to Dan eversole's discussion ev 1 installation
"Hi I'm still not clear about the Hard over time.  you said to measure the time it takes to move the rudder from port to starboard.  The pamphlet talks about pressing +10 and +1 at the same time and measure the time it takes to reach…"
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service