1.  How long of a NEMA 0183 sentence will a E90W accept?

2.  What hertz from a heading sensor is required for a  E90W?

Views: 118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Terry,

1. The length of NMEA 0183 sentences will vary based upon the type of sentence and the data contained therein.  Raymarine's E-Series Widescreen MFDs are designed to support NMEA 0183 v3.01 sentences received at either 4800 or 38400 BAUD.  Please refer to the NMEA 0183 v3.01 specification for the detailed format specification for each NMEA 0183 sentence.

2. Raymarine recommends that a NMEA 0183 v2.1 or later 5-10Hz stabilized heading input (ex. E12102 Pathfinder Smart Heading System (retired), S1G/S2G/S3G, etc.) rather than 1Hz SeaTalk non-stabilized instrument heading inputs (ex. ST40/60+, ST80 Active Compass Sensor (M92649)) be used for radar and other features requiring heading input.  Accuracy and damping of heading data is critical to several features requiring heading data.  Raymarine recommends that accurate 5Hz or greater heading data be supplied to any system using using any of (but not limited to) the following Radar and Chart application features:

• MARPA
  • AIS Targets Displayed within the Radar Application
  • Waypoints Displayed within the Radar Application
  • North Up or Course Up orientiation within the Radar Application
  • Radar Overlay within the Chart Application
  • Heading Vector within the Chart Application
  • Vessel Icon Orientation within the Chart Application (will default to COG when no heading data source is detected)

It is recommended that customer's regularly check the accuracy of products supplying heading data to the system and perform any calibration/alignment required to provide accurate heading tho the system.  

Following the retirement of the Pathfinder Smart Heading Sensor, the T70132 Airmar H2183 Heading Sensor w/NMEA 0183 Cable has been recommended for such purposes.  The part number for the heading sensor alone is A92185 and the part number for its NMEA 0183 Cable is A80131.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to rick's discussion dragonfly 7 transducer
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Rick, Unfortunately, Raymairne does not offer any Dragonfly transducer options which are designed to be installed inside the hull as your presently installed transducer is.  Raymarine offers transom…"
4 minutes ago
rick posted a discussion

dragonfly 7 transducer

I just purchased a ranger reata and would like to replace the depthfinder with a dragonfly 7.The old garmin used a puck style transducer in the bottom of the boat rather than mounting the transducer on the transom.Can I mount the dragonfly transducer the same way? Or does it need to mount on the transom?See More
14 minutes ago
Torkel Jodalen posted a discussion

MFD suggestions (mute/ignore AIS warnings, NMEA output sentences)

May I add the following suggestions:a) In a future SW update for the e127, include the possibility to AUTO-IGNORE/MUTE AIS warnings/error messages, incl. the ones generated by the AIS950 for the "External EPFS lost" condition.b) In a future SW update for MFDs/the e127, include HDT and ROT output sentences. This information is available (or can be calculated) at the e127 end but cannot presently be supplied as NMEA output sentences - much wanted for use with the AIS950.Thanks.See More
15 minutes ago
Rod Swank posted a discussion

ST6002 AutoPilot issue

When I engage the autopilot, it will initially engage, but will disengage after about one minute. I then get an error:  Current limit.  I have checked  all connection in the computer and all are good.  Wiring splices are soldered and tight. Anyone have an idea what my problem may be?  See More
16 minutes ago
T. Elliott Peterson posted a discussion

insulated Wire on E26008 broken near Speed Temp transducer, using with E22045 bidata

Is this E26008 speed Temp transducer repairable and if not can I order an new one without the thru hull fitting or the unwired plug?See More
17 minutes ago
Profile IconBradley Stevenson, bruce cherewyk, Norm Marshall and 27 more joined Raymarine Technical Forum
22 minutes ago
Mike Parker replied to Bob Schlueter's discussion i50 mph boat speed wrong...how do I adjust it?
"Bob, Please refer to page 33 in the i50 Installation and Operation Instructions. Step #11 describes how to manually adjust the speed calibration."
1 hour ago
Bill Bishop replied to David Shepard's discussion Autopilot to gps
" "
1 hour ago
Martin replied to David Shepard's discussion Autopilot to gps
"Thank you for this bit of practicality Bill. As I'm in Atlantic Canada, the worse that could occur  is that I might end up going South to Florida. Regards, Martin "
1 hour ago
Bill Bishop replied to David Shepard's discussion Autopilot to gps
" "
2 hours ago
Martin left a comment for Bill Bishop
"Good morning Bill. You provided a through comment regarding an ST 4000. Mine has become disconnected at the waterproof plug by the wheel. Does it matter which connector the blue or brown wires are reattached to? Thank you in advance for your…"
3 hours ago
Martin replied to David Shepard's discussion Autopilot to gps
"Sorry that I can't help you however... I have an ST 4000 and the brown and blue wires have been disconnected at the waterproof plug by the wheel. Does it matter which contact they are re-attached to? Best wishes, Martin"
3 hours ago
Detlef B replied to Peter Capobianco's discussion AIS Reprogram
"Hello Peter, this is strange. I've just checked marinetraffic. Still no change, right. Even call sign didn't change.(pls refer attached) Can you please recheck and confirm that the AIS device is programmed with new name and new call sign.…"
6 hours ago
bruce walker replied to Bruce casler's discussion ST60 vs ST60+
"I have ST60 Tridata  and ST60 wind instruments--they are like new and function perfectly except for one MAJOR problem.  The transducer gets fouled every two weeks even when painted with anti-fouling paint.  It makes the instruments…"
7 hours ago
Bob Schlueter replied to Bob Schlueter's discussion i50 mph boat speed wrong...how do I adjust it?
"We are on the Great Lakes...no tides. When I make a run to a known destination, the gps calculates correctly the travel time over the 50 mile run...the i50 does not. Plus, the older electronic paddle wheel speed instrument that was replaced by the…"
8 hours ago
Rick Hamill replied to Rick Hamill's discussion ST40 Temperature Calibration
"Thanks for the info., Richard! I'll try your suggestion. Cheers, Rick "
8 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service