1.  How long of a NEMA 0183 sentence will a E90W accept?

2.  What hertz from a heading sensor is required for a  E90W?

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Terry,

1. The length of NMEA 0183 sentences will vary based upon the type of sentence and the data contained therein.  Raymarine's E-Series Widescreen MFDs are designed to support NMEA 0183 v3.01 sentences received at either 4800 or 38400 BAUD.  Please refer to the NMEA 0183 v3.01 specification for the detailed format specification for each NMEA 0183 sentence.

2. Raymarine recommends that a NMEA 0183 v2.1 or later 5-10Hz stabilized heading input (ex. E12102 Pathfinder Smart Heading System (retired), S1G/S2G/S3G, etc.) rather than 1Hz SeaTalk non-stabilized instrument heading inputs (ex. ST40/60+, ST80 Active Compass Sensor (M92649)) be used for radar and other features requiring heading input.  Accuracy and damping of heading data is critical to several features requiring heading data.  Raymarine recommends that accurate 5Hz or greater heading data be supplied to any system using using any of (but not limited to) the following Radar and Chart application features:

• MARPA
  • AIS Targets Displayed within the Radar Application
  • Waypoints Displayed within the Radar Application
  • North Up or Course Up orientiation within the Radar Application
  • Radar Overlay within the Chart Application
  • Heading Vector within the Chart Application
  • Vessel Icon Orientation within the Chart Application (will default to COG when no heading data source is detected)

It is recommended that customer's regularly check the accuracy of products supplying heading data to the system and perform any calibration/alignment required to provide accurate heading tho the system.  

Following the retirement of the Pathfinder Smart Heading Sensor, the T70132 Airmar H2183 Heading Sensor w/NMEA 0183 Cable has been recommended for such purposes.  The part number for the heading sensor alone is A92185 and the part number for its NMEA 0183 Cable is A80131.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to kevin widell's discussion c-140
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Kevin, The C/E-Series Widescreen MFDs were the first Raymarine MFDs to support network auto-sensing, permitting other compatible devices featuring and Ethernet interface to be directly interfaced to the…"
18 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to William Museler's discussion E7D Memory Card not initializing
"Noted."
29 minutes ago
Steve Yama replied to Steve Yama's discussion SPX - 10 Smartpilot Commissioning Problems
"Should I send in the fluxgate and control head as well?  I do not think it's magnetic interference because I elevated the compass on a pole at least 6 feet above the boat and the course heading still remains the same, about 110 degrees off…"
5 hours ago
Istvan bindisch replied to Istvan bindisch's discussion From C80 to E127
"So finally I got to the point to try the system on the water. I did connect all the unit as above . The only problam I have is the sonar. I did install a P48 ducer and looks like the E127 do not recognize it. The display shows 38 feet , dos not…"
6 hours ago
RAFAEL MARTE replied to RAFAEL MARTE's discussion WHAT AUTOPILOT I WILL USE
"i will check, i i let you know, thanks. Rafael"
6 hours ago
Peter Stewart replied to Peter Stewart's discussion Raymarine Raystar RS125 GPS signal to Standard Horizon GX1500S VHF
"Hello!   In talking with the previous owner who wired the current collection of raymarine products on my boat together has told me that I will need to wire the Raystar RS125 GPS directly to the Standard Horizon GX1500S VHF in order to…"
9 hours ago
Andrew Marvin posted a status
"I have ST 60 Speed Indicator. Currently it powers up but does not indicate anything when underway Any ideas?"
9 hours ago
Duane Ericson replied to Duane Ericson's discussion 400G corepk
"When the wheel is not moving, the voltage is 0.  i do get voltage when I press +10 or -10.  Since my post, I have now noticed that I'm not getting a display for the rudder position sensor.  Could this be the problem?"
11 hours ago
Paul Lorion replied to Paul Lorion's discussion SmartPilot X-5R tough to drag on standby mode
"Hi, This will be done this week; thanks! Paul Lorion, Montréal, Canada"
11 hours ago
mnk replied to PH's discussion C70 Display Problem
"Hello Moderator, I've had 2 good years after the fix was done by your tech. Just yesterday the jitter - a different type - came back. I will attach pictures and a quick movie i made (if size permits).  No stripes this time but a jittery…"
11 hours ago
george swanson replied to george swanson's discussion Connection Course computer SPX5 - Lowrance HDS5 via NMEA 2000/SeaTalkng
"Hi Underway, thanks for your response. The main problem comes from plotters. They should have 2 nmea ports that run at different speeds. AIS needs high speed nmea and other devices need low speed nmea! Andreas "
12 hours ago
Tim Holley replied to Tim Holley's discussion ST60+. Wind Troubleshooting
"Thanks very much, this is a big help. I'll do these tests next time I'm at the boat and let you know how it gooes."
14 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Jamie's discussion wind vane base
"It can be pointed in any direction, what you are looking for is the cleanest wind without deflection or shading by sails or other equipment for the most accurate wind data."
14 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Tim Holley's discussion ST60+. Wind Troubleshooting
"I have enclosed the masthead test to figure out if the issue is on the masthead or the display side. Masthead Test: To perform the check, you will need a multimeter, and a DC power supply. You will need to supply 8v to the masthead across the red…"
14 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Ray Dunn's discussion Repairing wind transducer cable
"Thanks Paul for the detailed information provided.  "
14 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Michael Raider's discussion ST-50 Speed Calibration
"Once you set the cal-factor and it is lost after power cycle, then the issue is within the display and the component on the pcb.  Unfortunately the ST50 instrument displays are no longer repairable.  I can only recommend you search…"
14 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service