1.  How long of a NEMA 0183 sentence will a E90W accept?

2.  What hertz from a heading sensor is required for a  E90W?

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Terry,

1. The length of NMEA 0183 sentences will vary based upon the type of sentence and the data contained therein.  Raymarine's E-Series Widescreen MFDs are designed to support NMEA 0183 v3.01 sentences received at either 4800 or 38400 BAUD.  Please refer to the NMEA 0183 v3.01 specification for the detailed format specification for each NMEA 0183 sentence.

2. Raymarine recommends that a NMEA 0183 v2.1 or later 5-10Hz stabilized heading input (ex. E12102 Pathfinder Smart Heading System (retired), S1G/S2G/S3G, etc.) rather than 1Hz SeaTalk non-stabilized instrument heading inputs (ex. ST40/60+, ST80 Active Compass Sensor (M92649)) be used for radar and other features requiring heading input.  Accuracy and damping of heading data is critical to several features requiring heading data.  Raymarine recommends that accurate 5Hz or greater heading data be supplied to any system using using any of (but not limited to) the following Radar and Chart application features:

• MARPA
  • AIS Targets Displayed within the Radar Application
  • Waypoints Displayed within the Radar Application
  • North Up or Course Up orientiation within the Radar Application
  • Radar Overlay within the Chart Application
  • Heading Vector within the Chart Application
  • Vessel Icon Orientation within the Chart Application (will default to COG when no heading data source is detected)

It is recommended that customer's regularly check the accuracy of products supplying heading data to the system and perform any calibration/alignment required to provide accurate heading tho the system.  

Following the retirement of the Pathfinder Smart Heading Sensor, the T70132 Airmar H2183 Heading Sensor w/NMEA 0183 Cable has been recommended for such purposes.  The part number for the heading sensor alone is A92185 and the part number for its NMEA 0183 Cable is A80131.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Sam Christo posted a discussion

SmartPilot X5 wheel pilot conversion

Is it possible to convert an X5 Smart Pilot to a below deck unit, using the X5 computer and compass ?See More
1 hour ago
Mikael Malmberg replied to Mikael Malmberg's discussion Raystar 108 Replacement
"Hello Raymarine, I found a new Raystar 125+ in a Swedish shop this winter and I just installed it splicing it onto the old cable from the Raystar 108 (I guess it was a 108 from 1998). First I connected it as NMEA which did not work and then I…"
2 hours ago
Scott Stevens replied to Scott Stevens's discussion New EV-100 set up
"The AP seems to be requiring several minutes before aligning with the GPS heading or visa versa. Every trip requires me to wait until the system has settled in before using AP. Also I am getting some oscillation. As stated earlier I am using the RM…"
3 hours ago
Jeff Spilsbury replied to Jeff Spilsbury's discussion E127 re-booting when data screen is accessed
" "
8 hours ago
Jeff Spilsbury replied to Jeff Spilsbury's discussion E127 re-booting when data screen is accessed
"H "
8 hours ago
lorenzo posted a discussion

T112 display to sea talk

Is it possible to connect the wireless display to the sea talk backbone and display wind data on the i70 also connected to the backbone (sea talk network?)
10 hours ago
Bryan DuCommun replied to Bryan DuCommun's discussion E7d not picking up transducer
" Everything mentioned above is as it should be. The temp data box states 15.7 degrees and the speed through water box states 00.2. Thanks "
12 hours ago
Jamie MacDonald replied to Jamie MacDonald's discussion Using a Raymarine ST 2000 to drive an Aires Autopilot.
"The point is to use the mechanical advantage of the Aires to steer the boat. The work that the ST 2000 would do is relatively light as a result of it being attached to the movable windvane."
12 hours ago
Robert M Steele replied to Robert M Steele's discussion C140W Trip Log
"Thanks.  The ground trip and logs are precisely what I wanted to use.  Robert M Steele"
13 hours ago
Terry Palmeter replied to Terry Palmeter's discussion Datamarine depth 200kz used with i50 Raymarine
"Thanks for the response...  The transducer is a simple cable with an rca type connector that plugs into the Datamarine Corinthian instrument.  I have not yet cut the cable but I'm guessing that it is simply a sending wire surrounded…"
15 hours ago
Chuck Rich posted a discussion

B744VL transducer

After upgrading to a C140W and CP300 from  a C80 and DMS300  I also had a Fruno 600L that I had speed/temp with the transducer, my B744VL transducer that was with my DMS300 is now hooked to my CP300 but does not have the speed/temp insert, is there an adapter to convert my B744VL to a speed/temp transducer?ChuckSee More
16 hours ago
Neal Musto replied to Neal Musto's discussion St4000 plus acting up
"This was the first thing that I did. I also reloaded the program by going into dealer setup changing from wheel to tiller then back again. Neither change have any effect. I find it strange that it set to a specific heading it cycles around five…"
17 hours ago
Greg Baynton posted a discussion

E Series Screen Refresh

My Classic E Series MDF is very slow to refresh when i zoom in or out. Software is current. The same unit i used in a recent charter in the Caribbean refreshed the new screen immediately. Suggestions? See More
17 hours ago
Patrick Gebhardt replied to Patrick Gebhardt's discussion ST4000 Precision
" "
17 hours ago
Chuck Hensley replied to John Little's discussion Evolution wheel steering set up
"I also am installing an EV-1 wheel pilot and this information is invaluable, My motor cable also came with those strange connections - good to know its OK to cut them off. My QUESTION is on the ground connection, the boat is old and I've never…"
17 hours ago
"Hi, Thanks for your quick reply. I too thought it may have been a malfunctioning Suzuki gateway however I disconnected it and the problem still existed. I have expanded my Raymarine system gradually over the last couple of years and the converter…"
18 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service