1.  How long of a NEMA 0183 sentence will a E90W accept?

2.  What hertz from a heading sensor is required for a  E90W?

Views: 123

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Terry,

1. The length of NMEA 0183 sentences will vary based upon the type of sentence and the data contained therein.  Raymarine's E-Series Widescreen MFDs are designed to support NMEA 0183 v3.01 sentences received at either 4800 or 38400 BAUD.  Please refer to the NMEA 0183 v3.01 specification for the detailed format specification for each NMEA 0183 sentence.

2. Raymarine recommends that a NMEA 0183 v2.1 or later 5-10Hz stabilized heading input (ex. E12102 Pathfinder Smart Heading System (retired), S1G/S2G/S3G, etc.) rather than 1Hz SeaTalk non-stabilized instrument heading inputs (ex. ST40/60+, ST80 Active Compass Sensor (M92649)) be used for radar and other features requiring heading input.  Accuracy and damping of heading data is critical to several features requiring heading data.  Raymarine recommends that accurate 5Hz or greater heading data be supplied to any system using using any of (but not limited to) the following Radar and Chart application features:

• MARPA
  • AIS Targets Displayed within the Radar Application
  • Waypoints Displayed within the Radar Application
  • North Up or Course Up orientiation within the Radar Application
  • Radar Overlay within the Chart Application
  • Heading Vector within the Chart Application
  • Vessel Icon Orientation within the Chart Application (will default to COG when no heading data source is detected)

It is recommended that customer's regularly check the accuracy of products supplying heading data to the system and perform any calibration/alignment required to provide accurate heading tho the system.  

Following the retirement of the Pathfinder Smart Heading Sensor, the T70132 Airmar H2183 Heading Sensor w/NMEA 0183 Cable has been recommended for such purposes.  The part number for the heading sensor alone is A92185 and the part number for its NMEA 0183 Cable is A80131.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Moderator - Raymarine, US commented on jonas wallner's status
"Jonas, The a/c/e/gS-Series MFDs, which include the e165, are indeed compatible with the E52069 4kW HD Radar Pedestal and E52083 48" HD Open Array Antenna."
5 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Peter Hinton's discussion E-80 boot failure
"Peter, Raymarine's goal is to provide parts and service for four to five years following the retirement of the product.  We are now at that outer edge of that four to five years of parts availability.  While current Raymarine radar…"
6 hours ago
Larry Witty replied to Larry Witty's discussion Radar images/echos not appearing on C70
"One other note, the C70 seemed to reboot about 5 minutes after debug had been running. It did it twice, but only in debug mode. c70 is running version v4.29 which I believe is the latest software."
7 hours ago
Larry Witty replied to Larry Witty's discussion Radar images/echos not appearing on C70
"Here are the debug numbers: Gain 148 Sea 50 Ft 29 - 250 CT 0 to 250 SS 29 PW c50 Range status 4 Range end 52"
8 hours ago
TJ replied to Randal E Mowrey's discussion EV1Autopilot performance issue
"just a quick FYI- As soon as an update is performed, it will always start the AP from scratch.  So, make sure you do them all at once.  A little frustrating to do one and then use it and need another one and its stars over.  …"
11 hours ago
Randal E Mowrey replied to Randal E Mowrey's discussion EV1Autopilot performance issue
"Thanks TJ, I agree that is the logical place to begin. I am updating right now. "
11 hours ago
TJ replied to Randal E Mowrey's discussion EV1Autopilot performance issue
"You really have to update that software. There have been some really nice improvements and will likely resolve your issue. At least if all the updates are completed, it will make identifying an issue 10x easier."
13 hours ago
jonas wallner posted a status
"I have a e165 and was wondering if it compatible with the radar model E52069 and e52083 array. Thanks for the help!"
13 hours ago
Peter Hinton replied to Peter Hinton's discussion E-80 boot failure
"Thank You for the quick response. As you can tell, I am frustrated, but that is not your fault. My intent is to get things back to normal as quickly as possible at a reasonable cost. Your statement that the design is over 10 years old confuses me a…"
15 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Peter Hinton's discussion E-80 boot failure
"Peter, The Flat Rate Repair schedule represents the greatest amount which would be charged to repair a product, unless the product failure resulted from lightning damage, submersion, fire, etc.  Upon inspection of the product, the customer will…"
15 hours ago
"OK, let’s assume I need to replace my MASTER E80 classic unit. (Main Helm) I have a Remote E80 classic unit on the fly bridge, The system consists of fish finder/depth finder, GPS, connected using Seatalk. I have a Ray 218 VHF in the system as…"
16 hours ago
"Wow, A repair charge of $1200.00? I find that pretty high for what I suspect will be something simple. I hope that there is an estimate done before moving forward with that kind of repair cost. I will have to contact the repair center before I would…"
18 hours ago
"Peter, Unfortunately, it would only be possible to further diagnose the failure through inspection of the MFD.  The flat rates for repairs may be found here."
yesterday
Profile IconMrbill419, Kenneth M Church, Karen S and 10 more joined Raymarine Technical Forum
yesterday
paul replied to William Coohon's discussion i70 v2.17
"Hi Will, Apologies, my question should have been directed to Raymarine. Regards, Paul"
yesterday
"The second unit works fine with the same power cord on both the fly bridge and the main helm. The master unit fails at both locations. The power (voltage) is 13.8 volts. Any idea what kind of repair will be necessary? Is it expensive? Is it worth…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service