1.  How long of a NEMA 0183 sentence will a E90W accept?

2.  What hertz from a heading sensor is required for a  E90W?

Views: 131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Terry,

1. The length of NMEA 0183 sentences will vary based upon the type of sentence and the data contained therein.  Raymarine's E-Series Widescreen MFDs are designed to support NMEA 0183 v3.01 sentences received at either 4800 or 38400 BAUD.  Please refer to the NMEA 0183 v3.01 specification for the detailed format specification for each NMEA 0183 sentence.

2. Raymarine recommends that a NMEA 0183 v2.1 or later 5-10Hz stabilized heading input (ex. E12102 Pathfinder Smart Heading System (retired), S1G/S2G/S3G, etc.) rather than 1Hz SeaTalk non-stabilized instrument heading inputs (ex. ST40/60+, ST80 Active Compass Sensor (M92649)) be used for radar and other features requiring heading input.  Accuracy and damping of heading data is critical to several features requiring heading data.  Raymarine recommends that accurate 5Hz or greater heading data be supplied to any system using using any of (but not limited to) the following Radar and Chart application features:

• MARPA
  • AIS Targets Displayed within the Radar Application
  • Waypoints Displayed within the Radar Application
  • North Up or Course Up orientiation within the Radar Application
  • Radar Overlay within the Chart Application
  • Heading Vector within the Chart Application
  • Vessel Icon Orientation within the Chart Application (will default to COG when no heading data source is detected)

It is recommended that customer's regularly check the accuracy of products supplying heading data to the system and perform any calibration/alignment required to provide accurate heading tho the system.  

Following the retirement of the Pathfinder Smart Heading Sensor, the T70132 Airmar H2183 Heading Sensor w/NMEA 0183 Cable has been recommended for such purposes.  The part number for the heading sensor alone is A92185 and the part number for its NMEA 0183 Cable is A80131.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Captain Andrew replied to Captain Andrew's discussion ST-60 speed impeller
"Thanks. The unit were installed on the vessel in a Nav Pod when I bought her. Where would I find the model number data? "
24 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Dave Langer's discussion Google Earth integration?
"You're welcome."
7 hours ago
Capt. Chris Colavito updated their profile
7 hours ago
Capt. Chris Colavito posted a status
"TJ, I have finally had enough of the Simrad AP and purchased the EV-200. I'm sure that I will have questions on the install."
7 hours ago
Doug Beville replied to Doug Beville's discussion Replace C80 withC97 and add SR150
"I understand what to do now so thank you. I have just one other question. You say, "The internal Clearpulse circuitry will provide similar fish finder performance" to the C80 plus DSM300. I adore my C80 plus DSM300 mainly because of its…"
9 hours ago
Jeffrey Siegel / ActiveCaptain replied to Barry Shapiro's discussion ActiveCaptain integration with c and e Series
"> Why did you turn down Navionics? Over the years, Navionics has lied and mislead me twice directly.  Once severely.  I'd be a fool to give them a third shot. The story of what really went on to bring their iPhone app out and to…"
9 hours ago
Jess and Bill replied to Barry Shapiro's discussion ActiveCaptain integration with c and e Series
"Begs the question: Why did you turn down Navionics? Seems like the logical answer."
9 hours ago
Dave Langer replied to Dave Langer's discussion Google Earth integration?
"Thanks for the clarification! "
10 hours ago
Handyman replied to Handyman's discussion 418 Digital Radar below my TV antenna
"Yeah, it seemed kinda hinky to me, but I thought it would be worth checking. From the perspective of the radar antenna functionality/performance, is there a recommended minimum spacing above the housing, or is anything above it a non issue ?"
10 hours ago
Jeffrey Siegel / ActiveCaptain replied to Barry Shapiro's discussion ActiveCaptain integration with c and e Series
"> I think the reason Raymarine is ignoring Active Captain and its customers> is because of a deal with Navionics who is trying desperately to get their > own proprietary social element going in their softwareThanks for all the great words…"
11 hours ago
Gary Walker updated their profile
11 hours ago
Serenisea replied to Serenisea's discussion Software and chart update from 9.40
"I upgraded, and everything went fine, except that it will not read the prior NOAA charts I downloaded from Raymarine last year before Fugawi took over (as I suspected).  It is not a zoom issue, as I can zoom in and out, and it is all a…"
12 hours ago
Barry Shapiro replied to Barry Shapiro's discussion ActiveCaptain integration with c and e Series
"In order to have Raymarine support and implement Active Captain I think it will take lots of voices to be heard. I have had discussions with several of the people at Raymarine regarding this and their suggestions are just that. They need to hear…"
13 hours ago
Jonathan St.Mary updated their profile
13 hours ago
Jess and Bill replied to Barry Shapiro's discussion ActiveCaptain integration with c and e Series
"I totally agree. We just had a major upgrade done on our boat with all new Raymarine gear ($15K). I think the reason Raymarine is ignoring Active Captain and its customers is because of a deal with Navionics who is trying desperately to get their…"
14 hours ago
Jonathan St.Mary replied to Barry Shapiro's discussion ActiveCaptain integration with c and e Series
"I'll jump on the bandwagon.  It sure would be nice to have another layer (ON-OFF switchable) on my e series plotter which would show Active Captain data.  Now it means keeping two screens running, one on the plotter for navigation,…"
14 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service