1.  How long of a NEMA 0183 sentence will a E90W accept?

2.  What hertz from a heading sensor is required for a  E90W?

Views: 148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Terry,

1. The length of NMEA 0183 sentences will vary based upon the type of sentence and the data contained therein.  Raymarine's E-Series Widescreen MFDs are designed to support NMEA 0183 v3.01 sentences received at either 4800 or 38400 BAUD.  Please refer to the NMEA 0183 v3.01 specification for the detailed format specification for each NMEA 0183 sentence.

2. Raymarine recommends that a NMEA 0183 v2.1 or later 5-10Hz stabilized heading input (ex. E12102 Pathfinder Smart Heading System (retired), S1G/S2G/S3G, etc.) rather than 1Hz SeaTalk non-stabilized instrument heading inputs (ex. ST40/60+, ST80 Active Compass Sensor (M92649)) be used for radar and other features requiring heading input.  Accuracy and damping of heading data is critical to several features requiring heading data.  Raymarine recommends that accurate 5Hz or greater heading data be supplied to any system using using any of (but not limited to) the following Radar and Chart application features:

• MARPA
  • AIS Targets Displayed within the Radar Application
  • Waypoints Displayed within the Radar Application
  • North Up or Course Up orientiation within the Radar Application
  • Radar Overlay within the Chart Application
  • Heading Vector within the Chart Application
  • Vessel Icon Orientation within the Chart Application (will default to COG when no heading data source is detected)

It is recommended that customer's regularly check the accuracy of products supplying heading data to the system and perform any calibration/alignment required to provide accurate heading tho the system.  

Following the retirement of the Pathfinder Smart Heading Sensor, the T70132 Airmar H2183 Heading Sensor w/NMEA 0183 Cable has been recommended for such purposes.  The part number for the heading sensor alone is A92185 and the part number for its NMEA 0183 Cable is A80131.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Travis Dalke's discussion Advise on choosing a chartplotter with low power consumption
"You're welcome."
14 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Larry Witty's discussion E125 Pilot Controls not working after Lighthouse Update to v15
"Larry, You autopilot control head is not shown within your diagram."
15 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Troy Hutt's discussion eS127 connected to Type 300 Course Computer & ST7000/6000 control heads
"All, As has been specified consistently within this Forum, the SeaTalk bus should not be used to supply power to the SeaTalkng backbone.  Doing so may open the door to future networking problems, particularly should the system ever be expanded…"
19 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Tim Sabourin's discussion Sea Talk2 Keyboard
"Tim, Within CAN networks featuring a SeaTalk2/SeaTalkg/NMEA 2000 devices, the maximum length of a spur is 5m.  The E-Series Keyboad is a SeaTalk2 device.  Extending the SeaTalk2 keyboard's cable would violate this rule.  Should…"
25 minutes ago
Tim Sabourin replied to Tim Sabourin's discussion Sea Talk2 Keyboard
" "
35 minutes ago
Troy Hutt replied to Troy Hutt's discussion eS127 connected to Type 300 Course Computer & ST7000/6000 control heads
"I have great news, the eS127 is now controlling my autopilot. Found a wire in the engine room shorting out causing my ST FAIL issue, resolved that and wired it up to my ST to STng converter and suddenly it all works. I am using the power from the…"
8 hours ago
Larry Witty replied to Larry Witty's discussion E125 Pilot Controls not working after Lighthouse Update to v15
"Okay, I have removed the power from the SeaTalk 1 bus. Before connecting the SeaTalkNG power, I tried to power up the instruments and verified their was no other power on the SeaTalk 1 bus (none of the instruments came on when I switch on the single…"
10 hours ago
ruppert hahnstadt posted a status
"Ibought a CP370 fishfinder and after installing it the radar scanner began to restart repeatedly. My radar is digital and MFD is a C90W."
13 hours ago
ruppert hahnstadt replied to Tim Sabourin's discussion Sea Talk2 Keyboard
"Sorry for using this way to contact you, but I did everything the site has instructed me to get into the forum, but cannot contact the Moderator or start a discussion. I need help. I am in Brazil."
13 hours ago
ruppert hahnstadt left a comment for Underway - Raymarine, US
"I bought a CP370 fishfinder and after installing it the radar scanner began to restart repeatedly. My radar is digital and MFD is a C90W."
13 hours ago
William Stocker replied to William Stocker's discussion SPX5-R drive hard to turn in standby, steering system OK
"Thank you, I will send the drive unit to Nashua. Bill "
13 hours ago
Harry Kamberis updated their profile
14 hours ago
Larry Witty replied to Larry Witty's discussion E125 Pilot Controls not working after Lighthouse Update to v15
"I have verified that the power is coming from SeaTalk bus into the SeaTalkNG converter. If I am understanding you correctly, I should remove power from the Seatalk 1 bus and power the SeaTalkNG network directly into the converter. I do not have the…"
14 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to William Stocker's discussion SPX5-R drive hard to turn in standby, steering system OK
"The SPX-5R drive is still repairable.  It doesn't have a flate rate repair number, so I won't be able to quote a price of repair.  You will need to just send to the below address and when the unit gets on the technician he will…"
15 hours ago
Profile IconStewart, Jeff Laycock, Steve Barnett and 5 more joined Raymarine Technical Forum
16 hours ago
Jim Rosbe updated their profile
16 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service