1.  How long of a NEMA 0183 sentence will a E90W accept?

2.  What hertz from a heading sensor is required for a  E90W?

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Terry,

1. The length of NMEA 0183 sentences will vary based upon the type of sentence and the data contained therein.  Raymarine's E-Series Widescreen MFDs are designed to support NMEA 0183 v3.01 sentences received at either 4800 or 38400 BAUD.  Please refer to the NMEA 0183 v3.01 specification for the detailed format specification for each NMEA 0183 sentence.

2. Raymarine recommends that a NMEA 0183 v2.1 or later 5-10Hz stabilized heading input (ex. E12102 Pathfinder Smart Heading System (retired), S1G/S2G/S3G, etc.) rather than 1Hz SeaTalk non-stabilized instrument heading inputs (ex. ST40/60+, ST80 Active Compass Sensor (M92649)) be used for radar and other features requiring heading input.  Accuracy and damping of heading data is critical to several features requiring heading data.  Raymarine recommends that accurate 5Hz or greater heading data be supplied to any system using using any of (but not limited to) the following Radar and Chart application features:

• MARPA
  • AIS Targets Displayed within the Radar Application
  • Waypoints Displayed within the Radar Application
  • North Up or Course Up orientiation within the Radar Application
  • Radar Overlay within the Chart Application
  • Heading Vector within the Chart Application
  • Vessel Icon Orientation within the Chart Application (will default to COG when no heading data source is detected)

It is recommended that customer's regularly check the accuracy of products supplying heading data to the system and perform any calibration/alignment required to provide accurate heading tho the system.  

Following the retirement of the Pathfinder Smart Heading Sensor, the T70132 Airmar H2183 Heading Sensor w/NMEA 0183 Cable has been recommended for such purposes.  The part number for the heading sensor alone is A92185 and the part number for its NMEA 0183 Cable is A80131.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Antonio Macina replied to Antonio Macina's discussion Remote Keypad
"...thanks anyways for the answer."
6 minutes ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Paul Farrelle's discussion How to upgrade ST50, ST6001, S2 to i60, i70, p70, S2
"That is exactly correct.  The S2 and ST600R are Seatalk devices and will connect to the Yellow power on the converter and the p70 will connect directly to the Seatalk NG backbone."
9 minutes ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Dennis Headberg's discussion Raymarine ST60 wind transducer to B&G Zeus T8
"Yes, the i70 would be putting the data on the NMEA2000 backbone."
11 minutes ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Nadia Stocker's discussion Connection between a i60 wind instrument and a i60 close haule wind instrument
"Are they the only instruments connected together?  If so, there isn't a issue with that wiring. What is being displayed on the Close Hauled LCD, dashes?"
14 minutes ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Peter Dawson's discussion I 40 bidata display
"You can use any current depth transducer to work with the i40 instrument display."
32 minutes ago
Matt Andrews replied to Russell Baine's discussion CP450C v3.09 won't update to v4.03 from my e125 v9.40
"    i updated to 4.04 and 10.41 on Friday and while I havnt run the boat I did immediately notice the sonar seems stable and free for sure 4.03 and the first rev 10didn't work well        of the obvious bugs"
46 minutes ago
Brad Enterline replied to Brad Enterline's discussion Navcenter 300 and Standard Horizon 2150 AIS vhf
"Okay, I was afraid of that. I suspect I could replace the GPS antenna with a more current model and still keep the net center 300 (for the time being). Some of the newer models Support NMEA 2000 however I suspect they will also work fine for…"
49 minutes ago
Russell Baine replied to Russell Baine's discussion CP450C v3.09 won't update to v4.03 from my e125 v9.40
"Mr. Moderator/Expert, Is now a good time to upgrade my e125 from 9.40 to 10.41?  I see a fair amount of sonar work being done.  Can I upgrade my MFD while leaving my CP450C at 3.09?  Is it possible I need to install the 2.01 upgrade…"
56 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Mark's discussion Ray 240 handsets cannot see the base unit
"Steve, As the overwhelming majority of Raymarine installers do not have the hardware required to load software into VHF radios.  As such, the base station must be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to have its software updated."
1 hour ago
Mike Deto and Russell Pearson are now friends
1 hour ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Kim Dingwall's discussion Ray260 VHF
"Noted."
1 hour ago
Russell Baine replied to Russell Baine's discussion CP450C v3.09 won't update to v4.03 from my e125 v9.40
"I did a factory reset and the upgrade software, now version 4.04 still doesn't work.  It finds no device to upgrade.  When the MFD is under normal operation, I do a discovery under Diagnostics and the CP450C is found. "
1 hour ago
Johan Skåntorp replied to Johan Skåntorp's discussion T122 output of heading data
"Any ideas what might be the reason for the T070 just sending empty NMEA sentences through the T122?"
1 hour ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Philip E. Lynch's discussion instrument connection
"A70D can be connected to the ST60 Tridata but you will need a Seatalk to Seatalk NG converter, and connect the two units via Seatalk NG backbone."
1 hour ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Antonio Macina's discussion Remote Keypad
"Unfortunately, the two keyboards look the same but the programming within are different between the two systems so the keyboards are not compatible."
1 hour ago
David. H updated their profile
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service