1.  How long of a NEMA 0183 sentence will a E90W accept?

2.  What hertz from a heading sensor is required for a  E90W?

Views: 121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Terry,

1. The length of NMEA 0183 sentences will vary based upon the type of sentence and the data contained therein.  Raymarine's E-Series Widescreen MFDs are designed to support NMEA 0183 v3.01 sentences received at either 4800 or 38400 BAUD.  Please refer to the NMEA 0183 v3.01 specification for the detailed format specification for each NMEA 0183 sentence.

2. Raymarine recommends that a NMEA 0183 v2.1 or later 5-10Hz stabilized heading input (ex. E12102 Pathfinder Smart Heading System (retired), S1G/S2G/S3G, etc.) rather than 1Hz SeaTalk non-stabilized instrument heading inputs (ex. ST40/60+, ST80 Active Compass Sensor (M92649)) be used for radar and other features requiring heading input.  Accuracy and damping of heading data is critical to several features requiring heading data.  Raymarine recommends that accurate 5Hz or greater heading data be supplied to any system using using any of (but not limited to) the following Radar and Chart application features:

• MARPA
  • AIS Targets Displayed within the Radar Application
  • Waypoints Displayed within the Radar Application
  • North Up or Course Up orientiation within the Radar Application
  • Radar Overlay within the Chart Application
  • Heading Vector within the Chart Application
  • Vessel Icon Orientation within the Chart Application (will default to COG when no heading data source is detected)

It is recommended that customer's regularly check the accuracy of products supplying heading data to the system and perform any calibration/alignment required to provide accurate heading tho the system.  

Following the retirement of the Pathfinder Smart Heading Sensor, the T70132 Airmar H2183 Heading Sensor w/NMEA 0183 Cable has been recommended for such purposes.  The part number for the heading sensor alone is A92185 and the part number for its NMEA 0183 Cable is A80131.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Mark Turner replied to Mark Turner's discussion A50D Questions
"I finally got to launch my boat and play with this a bit. The speed is available on the GPS without the special transducer. I added speed to the data bar in the settings and there is now GPS speed. The heading still read 000T so I tried COG but no…"
43 minutes ago
David Miller Sr replied to Andrew Aicardi's discussion AP No Pilot
"I have the same readings at the autopilot. Still no pilot...also I sent you the st6001 for repair but you replied tested good. For displays there is a C90 and C120. Basically the all the sea talk signals are together at the computer SG1 the DSM300…"
53 minutes ago
Thomas Norris replied to Thomas Norris's discussion Waypoint Symbols For Voyage Planner - Multi-Function Display
"Moderator: Related to step 3: -          Are you sure “C:\ProgramData” should not be “C:\Program Files”? -         …"
1 hour ago
" "
1 hour ago
" "
1 hour ago
Daniel Magruder replied to Daniel Magruder's discussion Critical requirement – viewing 3 applications on one screen simultaneously on e7 MFD
"A couple of Important comments and a request: There are a few things that don't really make sense to me. It sounds like The product development team disabled this capability on the e7 because someone subjectively assumed it wasn't usable…"
1 hour ago
Vladimir Prokhorenko replied to Vladimir Prokhorenko's discussion Ev-200 autopilot, Garmin 2010C chartplotter connections
"Seems almost clear now. Can you advise sounder unit that will work with Raymarine e-series chartplotter and Garmin 18-pin transducer?"
1 hour ago
Daniel Magruder replied to Daniel Magruder's discussion Critical requirement – viewing 3 applications on one screen simultaneously on e7 MFD
"Hi, thanks for your feedback. If I'm understanding you right, you're saying that this functionality request has already been logged as a future feature enhancement. Is that correct? If so, is there any timeline on when that might be…"
1 hour ago
Lothar Taylor replied to Lothar Taylor's discussion E-Classic Networked Displays Integrated with RS-130 GPS Sensor
"Ok thanks, good to know. Else it will work fine, correct? And one other thing, i see the status of many satellites started out as in use and eventually transitioned to Tracking. What's the significance of In Use versus tracking?"
1 hour ago
Todd Edger replied to Todd Edger's discussion Raymarine plug
"I'm using the new EV-1oo"
2 hours ago
Maurice Colontonio replied to Maurice Colontonio's discussion AIS Problems with Version 11.26 on an E125 Touch Screen
" "
2 hours ago
Progressive Insurance replied to Progressive Insurance's discussion auto pilot coordinates
"I believe it is a L760 model?"
2 hours ago
Maurice Colontonio replied to Maurice Colontonio's discussion AIS Problems with Version 11.26 on an E125 Touch Screen
"Dear Moderator: Thank you so much for taking the time to review my case. I do not have an answer for you at this moment. My AIS 650 Class B Receiver says Raymarine on it.  It was installed along with all new Raymarine Touch Screen and Raymarine…"
2 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Brien Akers's discussion E120 classic with DSM30 sonar
"Noted."
2 hours ago
Profile IconRichard Clemenzi, Johann Verret, Melissa Spillenkothen and 13 more joined Raymarine Technical Forum
2 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Lothar Taylor's discussion E-Classic Networked Displays Integrated with RS-130 GPS Sensor
"Lothar, You have identified a feature of the RS130 when interfaced to a network of E-Series Classic MFDs.  In such systems, only the Data Master MFD's GPS Status dialog will be populated with data."
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service