1.  How long of a NEMA 0183 sentence will a E90W accept?

2.  What hertz from a heading sensor is required for a  E90W?

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Terry,

1. The length of NMEA 0183 sentences will vary based upon the type of sentence and the data contained therein.  Raymarine's E-Series Widescreen MFDs are designed to support NMEA 0183 v3.01 sentences received at either 4800 or 38400 BAUD.  Please refer to the NMEA 0183 v3.01 specification for the detailed format specification for each NMEA 0183 sentence.

2. Raymarine recommends that a NMEA 0183 v2.1 or later 5-10Hz stabilized heading input (ex. E12102 Pathfinder Smart Heading System (retired), S1G/S2G/S3G, etc.) rather than 1Hz SeaTalk non-stabilized instrument heading inputs (ex. ST40/60+, ST80 Active Compass Sensor (M92649)) be used for radar and other features requiring heading input.  Accuracy and damping of heading data is critical to several features requiring heading data.  Raymarine recommends that accurate 5Hz or greater heading data be supplied to any system using using any of (but not limited to) the following Radar and Chart application features:

• MARPA
  • AIS Targets Displayed within the Radar Application
  • Waypoints Displayed within the Radar Application
  • North Up or Course Up orientiation within the Radar Application
  • Radar Overlay within the Chart Application
  • Heading Vector within the Chart Application
  • Vessel Icon Orientation within the Chart Application (will default to COG when no heading data source is detected)

It is recommended that customer's regularly check the accuracy of products supplying heading data to the system and perform any calibration/alignment required to provide accurate heading tho the system.  

Following the retirement of the Pathfinder Smart Heading Sensor, the T70132 Airmar H2183 Heading Sensor w/NMEA 0183 Cable has been recommended for such purposes.  The part number for the heading sensor alone is A92185 and the part number for its NMEA 0183 Cable is A80131.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Andrew Gravatt updated their profile
6 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Nicolas Bloise's discussion Data transfer Waypoints
"You're welcome."
11 hours ago
Toby replied to Toby's discussion Am I missing anything?
"Thanks.  I have a couple more questions...  I ordered the entire list of items, except got a different transducer (not the CPT100 I have listed) to go with the a98 because the rep at the place I ordered from told me it was the correct one…"
11 hours ago
Nicolas Bloise replied to Nicolas Bloise's discussion Data transfer Waypoints
"Hi, Many thanks for the quick answer. I'll try with your instructions during the next week end and I'll give you my feedback. BR, Nicolas."
11 hours ago
Roark D Hennessy replied to Roark D Hennessy's discussion S100 brand new out of the box NO PILOT
"Already did that. Still NO PILOT "
12 hours ago
Gaute Syversen replied to Gaute Syversen's discussion ST4000 with Gyroplus 2
"Ok I have a non-plus and I'm not interested in marpa functionality at this point. I couldn't find compass calibration in my manual but I'll check the menu next time. Does the seatalk have to be connected to the RL directly or is…"
13 hours ago
Marvin Wetzel liked David Tye's profile
13 hours ago
Roko replied to Roko's discussion Ray 240 active speaker pin out request
"Any updates?"
13 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Mike Koehler's discussion Splicing RayStar 125 Gps Cable
"Mike, Per the prior response, should the Raystar 125 be interfaced to the SeaTalk bus, then it may indeed be extended using a common SeaTalk cable."
14 hours ago
Mike Koehler replied to Mike Koehler's discussion Splicing RayStar 125 Gps Cable
"Thanks you so much for the information. However, just to clarify, can the R38104 be cut and and extended by splicing? It seems as though the cable I have is only around 20 ft long and I need to extend it. If so, can I use the sea talk…"
14 hours ago
Scott replied to Scott's discussion E120 and E80 classic freeze after charr update
"Just as a follow up, Navionics was helpful and gave me instructions and a file that allowed me to format and redownload the entire card, which solves the problem. Thanks for your help."
14 hours ago
David Tye replied to David Tye's discussion Connecting i60 wind instrument
"Thank you very much.  I appreciate your time and expertise."
14 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to jonas wallner's discussion E165 transducer options
"Jonas, The CP200 is not currently suited to inboard powered vessels, as the only present transducer option is transom mounted.  The CP200 may not be used with other transducers. The transducer and sonar modules that are compatible with the e127…"
16 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Allen's discussion Dragonfly Transducer Mounting on 1996 XPRESS H51 Boat
"Allen, Q: In other words, the only time the Dragonfly transducer needs to just "skim" the waterline is when the boat is traveling "wide open throttle".  Correct? A: Yes. You're welcome."
16 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Bill Hennigh's discussion cp200 vs cp100
"Bill, I had previously responded that the CP100's transducer is mounted too low based upon the photos sent.  Mounting this transducer too low may cause an aerated flow of water across the face of the transducer when operating at planning…"
16 hours ago
Lothar Taylor replied to Lothar Taylor's discussion i70 integration / setup with ITC-5
16 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service