1.  How long of a NEMA 0183 sentence will a E90W accept?

2.  What hertz from a heading sensor is required for a  E90W?

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Terry,

1. The length of NMEA 0183 sentences will vary based upon the type of sentence and the data contained therein.  Raymarine's E-Series Widescreen MFDs are designed to support NMEA 0183 v3.01 sentences received at either 4800 or 38400 BAUD.  Please refer to the NMEA 0183 v3.01 specification for the detailed format specification for each NMEA 0183 sentence.

2. Raymarine recommends that a NMEA 0183 v2.1 or later 5-10Hz stabilized heading input (ex. E12102 Pathfinder Smart Heading System (retired), S1G/S2G/S3G, etc.) rather than 1Hz SeaTalk non-stabilized instrument heading inputs (ex. ST40/60+, ST80 Active Compass Sensor (M92649)) be used for radar and other features requiring heading input.  Accuracy and damping of heading data is critical to several features requiring heading data.  Raymarine recommends that accurate 5Hz or greater heading data be supplied to any system using using any of (but not limited to) the following Radar and Chart application features:

• MARPA
  • AIS Targets Displayed within the Radar Application
  • Waypoints Displayed within the Radar Application
  • North Up or Course Up orientiation within the Radar Application
  • Radar Overlay within the Chart Application
  • Heading Vector within the Chart Application
  • Vessel Icon Orientation within the Chart Application (will default to COG when no heading data source is detected)

It is recommended that customer's regularly check the accuracy of products supplying heading data to the system and perform any calibration/alignment required to provide accurate heading tho the system.  

Following the retirement of the Pathfinder Smart Heading Sensor, the T70132 Airmar H2183 Heading Sensor w/NMEA 0183 Cable has been recommended for such purposes.  The part number for the heading sensor alone is A92185 and the part number for its NMEA 0183 Cable is A80131.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Don Walliser replied to Don Walliser's discussion E120 Classic Fish / Depth Finder
"If anyone can figure out the common problem with these units in regarding to losing depth / bottom PLEASE keep me updated as our fishing season is about to go into full swing & I will be running blind or with a portable. Seems like a boat load…"
9 minutes ago
Walt T replied to Walt T's discussion AIS Data on i70 without e125
"Just checking to see if there are any software updates to address this issue. Walt "
13 minutes ago
Sam Murphy posted a status
"Does anyone know how long it takes for Tech to respond to a post. I posted two days ago and wondering if I can expect an answer this week?"
21 minutes ago
John Wix updated their profile
41 minutes ago
Tom Dignam replied to Ray Dunn's discussion Man overboard protocol for evolution autopilots?
"Of course, ideally the boat is properly balanced and rounds up. It then tacks or falls off and continues to sail on possibly repeating the scenario. Perhaps in a future software update, Raymarine could refine this feature to one touch, presets…"
1 hour ago
Ray Dunn replied to Ray Dunn's discussion Man overboard protocol for evolution autopilots?
"That would be interesting, but more complicated than what I was hoping for. I singlehand quite a lot, so stopping the boat (no matter the point of sail) is all I'm after. If the autopilot is just turned off once I am out of range, I'd have…"
1 hour ago
Ken McWilliams replied to Ken McWilliams's discussion Can you record and upload sonar charts from Dragonfly 5.7
"Hi just a further question when you follow this proceedure http://www.navionics.com/en/plotter-tutorial/raymarine/raymarine-dragonfly/record-track-logs Step 1 "Make sure your MSD card is inserted into your GPS chartplotter and…"
6 hours ago
TJ replied to mnk's discussion MFD C-70 classic firmware upgrade from 5.04 to 5.16 breaks waypoint tracking function with ST6002
"Master reset after the update?"
7 hours ago
TJ replied to James Burgess's discussion S-1000 autopilot
"Air in the system At the end of the rudder travel Those are the two biggest issues."
7 hours ago
Rick Wyzykowski updated their profile
12 hours ago
Rick Wyzykowski replied to RICARDO ARAMBARRI's discussion RS130 splicing for E80 Classic
" "
12 hours ago
Paul Farrelle replied to Dennis Headberg's discussion Raymarine ST60 wind transducer to B&G Zeus T8
"If the system had an i70 to calibrate the data, could the calibrated data then be seen on the Trident instrument if both were on the same n2k backbone?"
14 hours ago
Chris Miller replied to Chris Miller's discussion radar not working
"Trying to get the status of my repair? Been plying phone tag with a Linda"
16 hours ago
Michael Losito replied to Michael Losito's discussion A78 MFD Not panning
"Thanks for the info.  I'll give it a try"
16 hours ago
neil m scott replied to neil m scott's discussion Switching off "sonar unavailable" alarm and screen notifications
"My apologies for the really delayed response, but this is the first time I have noted your comments to my original question.  The alarm sounds on the L760 display, even though it's in repeater mode. The error is something like "sonar…"
16 hours ago
Mike Newbury replied to Mike Newbury's discussion e7
"I have sent the e7 to your repair facility. It arrived today. MIke"
17 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service