1.  How long of a NEMA 0183 sentence will a E90W accept?

2.  What hertz from a heading sensor is required for a  E90W?

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Terry,

1. The length of NMEA 0183 sentences will vary based upon the type of sentence and the data contained therein.  Raymarine's E-Series Widescreen MFDs are designed to support NMEA 0183 v3.01 sentences received at either 4800 or 38400 BAUD.  Please refer to the NMEA 0183 v3.01 specification for the detailed format specification for each NMEA 0183 sentence.

2. Raymarine recommends that a NMEA 0183 v2.1 or later 5-10Hz stabilized heading input (ex. E12102 Pathfinder Smart Heading System (retired), S1G/S2G/S3G, etc.) rather than 1Hz SeaTalk non-stabilized instrument heading inputs (ex. ST40/60+, ST80 Active Compass Sensor (M92649)) be used for radar and other features requiring heading input.  Accuracy and damping of heading data is critical to several features requiring heading data.  Raymarine recommends that accurate 5Hz or greater heading data be supplied to any system using using any of (but not limited to) the following Radar and Chart application features:

• MARPA
  • AIS Targets Displayed within the Radar Application
  • Waypoints Displayed within the Radar Application
  • North Up or Course Up orientiation within the Radar Application
  • Radar Overlay within the Chart Application
  • Heading Vector within the Chart Application
  • Vessel Icon Orientation within the Chart Application (will default to COG when no heading data source is detected)

It is recommended that customer's regularly check the accuracy of products supplying heading data to the system and perform any calibration/alignment required to provide accurate heading tho the system.  

Following the retirement of the Pathfinder Smart Heading Sensor, the T70132 Airmar H2183 Heading Sensor w/NMEA 0183 Cable has been recommended for such purposes.  The part number for the heading sensor alone is A92185 and the part number for its NMEA 0183 Cable is A80131.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Profile IconJohn Tyson, Bob Slais, Eric and 4 more joined Raymarine Technical Forum
54 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Rafal Byczko's discussion A65 Power when connected to network
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Rafal, While instrument displays (ex. i50/i60/i70, ST70), autopilot control heads (p70/p70R, ST70), GPS sensors (Raystar 130), Multifunction Displays (E-Series Classic MFDs, C/E-Series Widescreen,…"
56 minutes ago
Rafal Byczko posted a discussion

A65 Power when connected to network

Hi RaymarineI just purchased the A65 GPS unit.I would like to connected to my network of I70 instruments.  Does the A65 need a separate power source, or can I just run the white spur cable to the I70 instrument already connected ot the network?ThanksSee More
1 hour ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Joe westbury's discussion Cam 100 wiring question
"You're welcome."
1 hour ago
Bob Rivard replied to Bob Rivard's discussion Ev200 comparability with e120 classic mfd
"DSM 300, GPS 125 and Radar (don't have model handy) plus Seatalk hs hub"
1 hour ago
Joe westbury replied to Joe westbury's discussion Cam 100 wiring question
"thank you!"
1 hour ago
Mike Boyd replied to Mike Boyd's discussion rudder indicator not being shown on head of my st6002
"It was the st6002 pack, whatever computer that came with that. "
1 hour ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Steve Lim's discussion ST60+ Out of Calibration
"The flat rate cost which is the worst case scenario, without seeing the unit is $225.  Yes, you can bring it to alocal servicing dealer. "
2 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Mike Boyd's discussion rudder indicator not being shown on head of my st6002
"What is the course computer you are referring?  "
2 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Bob Rivard's discussion Ev200 comparability with e120 classic mfd
"What does the E120 Classic system consist of, what other components in the system?"
2 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Giles Lesser's discussion ST4000+ with type 1 linear drive?
"Anytime, contact us with any further questions."
2 hours ago
Al Barreto replied to Giles Lesser's discussion ST4000+ with type 1 linear drive?
"Thanks"
2 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Giles Lesser's discussion ST4000+ with type 1 linear drive?
"I have enclosed the manual it is illustrated on page 107."
2 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Ray's discussion a98 Network Connections - can someone confirm my interconnect diagram and interconnect requirements?
"You're welcome."
2 hours ago
Al Barreto updated their profile
2 hours ago
Ray replied to Ray's discussion a98 Network Connections - can someone confirm my interconnect diagram and interconnect requirements?
"OK - Thank you so much!!!"
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service