1.  How long of a NEMA 0183 sentence will a E90W accept?

2.  What hertz from a heading sensor is required for a  E90W?

Views: 152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Terry,

1. The length of NMEA 0183 sentences will vary based upon the type of sentence and the data contained therein.  Raymarine's E-Series Widescreen MFDs are designed to support NMEA 0183 v3.01 sentences received at either 4800 or 38400 BAUD.  Please refer to the NMEA 0183 v3.01 specification for the detailed format specification for each NMEA 0183 sentence.

2. Raymarine recommends that a NMEA 0183 v2.1 or later 5-10Hz stabilized heading input (ex. E12102 Pathfinder Smart Heading System (retired), S1G/S2G/S3G, etc.) rather than 1Hz SeaTalk non-stabilized instrument heading inputs (ex. ST40/60+, ST80 Active Compass Sensor (M92649)) be used for radar and other features requiring heading input.  Accuracy and damping of heading data is critical to several features requiring heading data.  Raymarine recommends that accurate 5Hz or greater heading data be supplied to any system using using any of (but not limited to) the following Radar and Chart application features:

• MARPA
  • AIS Targets Displayed within the Radar Application
  • Waypoints Displayed within the Radar Application
  • North Up or Course Up orientiation within the Radar Application
  • Radar Overlay within the Chart Application
  • Heading Vector within the Chart Application
  • Vessel Icon Orientation within the Chart Application (will default to COG when no heading data source is detected)

It is recommended that customer's regularly check the accuracy of products supplying heading data to the system and perform any calibration/alignment required to provide accurate heading tho the system.  

Following the retirement of the Pathfinder Smart Heading Sensor, the T70132 Airmar H2183 Heading Sensor w/NMEA 0183 Cable has been recommended for such purposes.  The part number for the heading sensor alone is A92185 and the part number for its NMEA 0183 Cable is A80131.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Rick McCowan replied to David Anderson's discussion ST60+ Wind Repeater to Master
"I have power readings from each masthead sensor wire reaching the ST60 wind master display but the display still powers up as a repeater. Why does it not recognize the sensor and power up as a master?"
1 hour ago
Marc Southard replied to Marc Southard's discussion ST70 Autopilot and NMEA 2000
"I've connected the B&G MFD to the X10 course computer. Question is: should I use RS232 or RS422 protocol for the connection? Question 2: since the X10 connects over both N2K and NMEA0183, does it give priority to one protocol over the…"
6 hours ago
Tom Falck replied to Neal's discussion I70 update looses settings
"+1 on providing a mean to backup and restore i70 settings!  Or, at the very least include a warning when doing an MFD update to manually record ALL of your settings on your peripherals - the backup only backs up the MFD settings!. I have 6 i70s…"
Tuesday
Joel Richardson replied to Joseph Myerson's discussion Error message "2000" on my ST2000+ autopilot
"I have same problem. It is only one year old. Will I need to send it in for repair? Joel"
Saturday
Diana Morgan replied to Clarence Harvey's discussion No Goto or Stop goto Functions on E80
" "
May 20
Dave replied to Scott Gooding's discussion EV-100 Power autopilot produces sonar interference
"I have the same problem with a recently installed ev100 and my e127. I connected rf ground to my ground bus, installed a suppression ferret to the Acu & pump power and isolated the transducer cable from the autopilot. I also updated all the…"
May 19
Stéphane updated their profile
May 12
steven philips updated their profile
May 9
David Horvath updated their profile
May 7
William Stocker updated their profile
May 7
Ken Legge updated their profile
May 4
Jim updated their profile