1.  How long of a NEMA 0183 sentence will a E90W accept?

2.  What hertz from a heading sensor is required for a  E90W?

Views: 159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Terry,

1. The length of NMEA 0183 sentences will vary based upon the type of sentence and the data contained therein.  Raymarine's E-Series Widescreen MFDs are designed to support NMEA 0183 v3.01 sentences received at either 4800 or 38400 BAUD.  Please refer to the NMEA 0183 v3.01 specification for the detailed format specification for each NMEA 0183 sentence.

2. Raymarine recommends that a NMEA 0183 v2.1 or later 5-10Hz stabilized heading input (ex. E12102 Pathfinder Smart Heading System (retired), S1G/S2G/S3G, etc.) rather than 1Hz SeaTalk non-stabilized instrument heading inputs (ex. ST40/60+, ST80 Active Compass Sensor (M92649)) be used for radar and other features requiring heading input.  Accuracy and damping of heading data is critical to several features requiring heading data.  Raymarine recommends that accurate 5Hz or greater heading data be supplied to any system using using any of (but not limited to) the following Radar and Chart application features:

• AIS Targets Displayed within the Radar Application
  • Waypoints Displayed within the Radar Application
  • North Up or Course Up orientiation within the Radar Application
  • Radar Overlay within the Chart Application
  • Heading Vector within the Chart Application
  • Vessel Icon Orientation within the Chart Application (will default to COG when no heading data source is detected)

It is recommended that customer's regularly check the accuracy of products supplying heading data to the system and perform any calibration/alignment required to provide accurate heading tho the system.  

Following the retirement of the Pathfinder Smart Heading Sensor, the T70132 Airmar H2183 Heading Sensor w/NMEA 0183 Cable has been recommended for such purposes.  The part number for the heading sensor alone is A92185 and the part number for its NMEA 0183 Cable is A80131.

Reply to Discussion

• Add Videos

• Add Photos

Latest Activity

Joe Shabbott liked Moderator - Raymarine, US's discussion Interfacing a Raystar 130 GPS Sensor to an E-Series Widescreen MFD (E90W, E120W, E140W)
18 hours ago
Michael replied to Moderator - Raymarine, US's discussion SeaTalkng Communications Protocol
"Hi, these are good docs on the phys network, but there doesn't appear to be any protocol info in these docs. is there any doc on the sentences? Or is STNG the same sentences as NMEA2000 sentences?  thx"
Richard Anderson updated their profile
Oct 3
Mark noe updated their profile
Sep 12
Phil Niles updated their profile
Sep 12
Kenneth Bryce left a comment for Kenneth Bryce
"Hi I have 2 /C97 units. I am purchasing a Quantum raydar. At present my two c97 are linked via one cable, raynet.My depth transducer is conected to unit A. I would like to be able to use both A and B units independently .With the Wifi on Qantam ,…"
Sep 7
roger goodman updated their profile
Sep 5
W. Cary Letien updated their profile
Aug 30
Keith Davis updated their profile
Aug 30
William G Thomson updated their profile
Aug 29
German Delfino updated their profile
Aug 23
robert charles updated their profile
Aug 15
John W Graham and Franci Separovic are now friends
Aug 14
William G Thomson liked Danny Engle's discussion DSM 300 "DSM Connection Lost"
Aug 12
David Vacanti left a comment for Sean E Anderson
"I had major problems with losing DSM 300 depth data on my E120 Classic display. I finally gave up on the system and have converted to the new CP370 Depth Sounder that is an all new design. The new unit is rock solid and has excellent performance.…"
Aug 10
Dave Morrow updated their profile
Aug 9

© 2016   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service