1.  How long of a NEMA 0183 sentence will a E90W accept?

2.  What hertz from a heading sensor is required for a  E90W?

Views: 140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Terry,

1. The length of NMEA 0183 sentences will vary based upon the type of sentence and the data contained therein.  Raymarine's E-Series Widescreen MFDs are designed to support NMEA 0183 v3.01 sentences received at either 4800 or 38400 BAUD.  Please refer to the NMEA 0183 v3.01 specification for the detailed format specification for each NMEA 0183 sentence.

2. Raymarine recommends that a NMEA 0183 v2.1 or later 5-10Hz stabilized heading input (ex. E12102 Pathfinder Smart Heading System (retired), S1G/S2G/S3G, etc.) rather than 1Hz SeaTalk non-stabilized instrument heading inputs (ex. ST40/60+, ST80 Active Compass Sensor (M92649)) be used for radar and other features requiring heading input.  Accuracy and damping of heading data is critical to several features requiring heading data.  Raymarine recommends that accurate 5Hz or greater heading data be supplied to any system using using any of (but not limited to) the following Radar and Chart application features:

• MARPA
  • AIS Targets Displayed within the Radar Application
  • Waypoints Displayed within the Radar Application
  • North Up or Course Up orientiation within the Radar Application
  • Radar Overlay within the Chart Application
  • Heading Vector within the Chart Application
  • Vessel Icon Orientation within the Chart Application (will default to COG when no heading data source is detected)

It is recommended that customer's regularly check the accuracy of products supplying heading data to the system and perform any calibration/alignment required to provide accurate heading tho the system.  

Following the retirement of the Pathfinder Smart Heading Sensor, the T70132 Airmar H2183 Heading Sensor w/NMEA 0183 Cable has been recommended for such purposes.  The part number for the heading sensor alone is A92185 and the part number for its NMEA 0183 Cable is A80131.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Jim b replied to Jim b's discussion Dragonfly not marking fish above 5 kts.
"I took a few pics to show how far back my kicker is. It is 32inches from back of ducer to my prop. I spend 4 days trolling for salmon last week. The guy that was with me also has the same Dragonfly on his boat. He told me there was something wrong…"
6 hours ago
Jim Ambrosio replied to Jim Ambrosio's discussion Radar scanner not starting up
"Here is my sequence, I turn on the display. Display comes on. Switch to scanner and I get the message no scanner ( I can't think of the exact message) I use to go to the scanner and turn on and off the switch on the unit. This use to start the…"
6 hours ago
Daniel Huntsinger replied to Daniel Huntsinger's discussion Autohrelm 1000 plus hot motor melted case
"As for the displacement you do realize this is not attached to a tiller, but is only operating a small lever on a windvane, so the displacement of what the wind vane is controlling is not really relevant, at least that is what I have been…"
7 hours ago
Pete Zingarella replied to Pete Zingarella's discussion Not getting depth reading in deep water
"Thank you for the reply.  I did find that the wrong transducer was selected and have made the adjustment.  My transducer is an Airmar M260.  I will venture out to deep water this week and check it.  I have had the boat and the…"
7 hours ago
Sasha shefts replied to Sasha shefts's discussion Lost my Raystar 125 signal on my E120
"I have a power cable, A Seatalk cable right from the GPS sensor, I have a NMEA for VHF and AIS, And a Cat 5 for my DSM (which I have unplugged). I have a Icom 600 VHF that gets its position for the MOB from the GPS... The VHF is telling me that…"
8 hours ago
Denny Thompson posted a status
"After finally getting the auto pilot to work the MFD says there's now no scanner so now no radar. All the softweare has been updated."
8 hours ago
Brian Hurst replied to Brian Hurst's discussion e7 and instruments
" Blanks on the spur are blue, all others are black. So 2 Blue and 1 black on the back of the i50. The spur coupling was supplied by my dealer when I purchased the extension cable. The E7 and converter are fed by a 5 amp breaker.   "
8 hours ago
Barry Radelet replied to Barry Radelet's discussion Better then NavionicsC6 W.Canada lake map
"Not much help from Members, must be nobody fishes Western Lakes"
8 hours ago
Mark Rutherford replied to Mark Rutherford's discussion i70 in setup cannot find transducers
"Thanks.  So am I correct that we have now calibrated (swung) the compass and have a deviation of 8E and now need to do a compass alignment?  Is a Compass alignment changing the orientation of the sender transducer until it is within 10…"
9 hours ago
Coleman Blake replied to Coleman Blake's discussion Best place to connect fluxgate compass
"RL70C chartplotter. S3 course computer. Separate rate gyro (GyroPlus2). Fluxgate compass. Garmin 19x hvs NMEA GPS connected to RL70C."
9 hours ago
ROBERT NELSON replied to ROBERT NELSON's discussion NEED ADAPTER COLLAR FOR SPORT PILOT +
"Are there any engineering drawings available so I could make a part. Tell me why I should buy Ray Marine products That will be unserviceable after 15 years. I thought there were laws that said a product had to be supported for a certain number of…"
10 hours ago
Veljko Roškar replied to John Behen's discussion TackTick Micronet Maxi Network - Model T210
"So I posted in a new thread, but it hasn't been "approved" yet. Is anyone around here? "
10 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Troy Reaves Sr.'s discussion Auto Pilot System
"What type of steering system, hydraulic?  In order to spec an autopilot for a hydraulic system, I would need to know the RAM capacity (measured in cubic inches) of the Drive cylinder, or the make and model number of the drive cylinder so I can…"
10 hours ago
Troy Reaves Sr. posted a discussion

Auto Pilot System

I was wondering what Auto Pilot System I would need for a 2600 WA Century with Twin 200HP OX66 outboards?I forgot to mention I have the e95 Digital Hybrid touch system I would like to add the Auto pilot system to on my 2600 WA Century with Twin OX66 200 HP Yams.See More
10 hours ago
Dan Munson replied to Roko's discussion SR100 Fuse
" Same thing just happened to me... "
10 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Coleman Blake's discussion Best place to connect fluxgate compass
"You should leave the fluxgate connected to the S3 course computer and connect the Rate Gyro output to the Rate Gyro port on the S3 course computer.  What other equipment in your system?"
11 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service