I have a Raymarine RL70C with software version 4.11 connected to a Raymarine L760 with the chart slots, software version 4.11 also. Neither unit recognizes the other one is on the network. I have sent the L760 in for a sonar problem. Raymarine fixed that problem and tested the HSB2 communication. They said working properly. I have changed the cable and done the resistance tests on the pins. All look normal. Is there anything else I can try before sending the RL70C in for testing? 

Views: 262

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would like to follow ... just a thought are Seatalks connected ? and HSB terminators ? I am sure one of the techs will address this soon

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Larry,

• Verify that the hsb² network is properly terminated (i.e. 2 hsb2 inline terminators only and the terminators are installed in the end units).  If the display's hsb2 port is gray, then no hsb2 inline terminator has been installed in the display's port.  If the display's hsb2 port is black, then you are looking are the male end of a hsb2 inline terminator.  
  • Verify that all Pathfinders are PLUS units and have v4.11 software installed (it has been noted that both of your displays have v4.11 software)
  • Verify that all hsb cables are securely seated and have proper strain relief
  • Verify that there are no damaged hsb² cables by visually inspecting and performing continuity tests
  • Verify that there are no sharp bends (<6 inch diameter) in the hsb² cables
  • If the system contains more than 2 hsb² nodes, attempt fault isolation to identify the faulty component (i.e. connect 2 nodes at time to verify interaction between the components)
  • Verify that no more than 2 C-Map SW+ regions are being served on the hsb² network. 
  • Perform resistance tests and continuity tests of the hsb² components:
    • Terminators (uninstalled from hsb² port): 120 +/- 2 ohms across the HSVB_POS & HSVB_NEG pins (see page 8-24 of the hsb2 Plus Series Color LCD Display Owner's Manual
    • Pathfinders (power off): 2200 +/- 50 ohms across the HSVB_POS & HSVB_NEG pins
    • Terminators (installed): values should drop by approximately 5 ohms from the value measured prior to installation
    • For multiple display systems, with the system's hsb² displays reconnected to the hsb² network and the Pathfinder PC disconnected from the hsb² network, measure the resistance of the network through the hsb² cable:

Displays Resistance

1____________114

2____________108

3____________103

4____________99

5____________94

6____________90

7____________87

8____________84

If these tests identify the problematic component, then it should be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be serviced. If all of these items are within the specifications listed above and fault isolation fails to identify the problematic component, send each of the hsb² components and as much of cabling as can easily be removed to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be tested as a system.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Gary Carr posted a status
"my heading on the autopilot is 180 off boat compass heading"
3 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Richard Scarinzi's discussion b744v connector
"You're welcome."
5 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Larry Mainoski's discussion A78 Operation
"You're welcome."
5 hours ago
Richard Scarinzi replied to Richard Scarinzi's discussion b744v connector
"Thank you.  I understand fully.  I looked closer at the schematic for both the Raymarine and Lowrance versions of the B744V and indeed there is a wiring difference and a component difference internal to the transducer.  Specifically…"
7 hours ago
Larry Mainoski replied to Larry Mainoski's discussion A78 Operation
"Appreciate the answers. That's a lot of work on your part. Will refer to these answers when I can make time to get back on board in the near future."
8 hours ago
alejandro Zarich replied to alejandro Zarich's discussion i60 close haul working randomly
"I checked today and the failure persist. Once the system is powered on, I have to unplug the seatalkng cable and replug it to make the I60 work. If I do not do that the the small display under the needle displays -- and the needle does nothing.…"
10 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Steven Tello's discussion A65 Chartplotter "No Fix" Question
"Bob, You're welcome."
10 hours ago
Profile IconRalph Morganstern, Mike McCargar, Robert Simpson and 5 more joined Raymarine Technical Forum
10 hours ago
Bob Billeci replied to Steven Tello's discussion A65 Chartplotter "No Fix" Question
"That's what I needed to know, thanks!"
10 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to John Tyson's discussion Depth sounder
"John, Should a new a/c/e/gS-Series MFD be installed onboard, then it may be interfaced to a CP450C.  Base upon the depth of operation and features which you are seeking to detect, high receive sensitivity transducers like the R109LM…"
10 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Steven Tello's discussion A65 Chartplotter "No Fix" Question
"Bob, Any GPS sensor other than a Raystar 12 or Raystar 125 (latter requires a software update to the MFD) will need to be interfaced to a 12VDC power circuit and to the NMEA 0183 input leads of the MFD's NMEA 0183 Cable."
10 hours ago
Bob Billeci replied to Steven Tello's discussion A65 Chartplotter "No Fix" Question
"Hello, I have exactly the same situation, and based on the recommendations in the thread above I have purchased a DY GPS 150. Will I be connecting this unit into the "GPS" connector or the "NMEA183" connector on back of the…"
11 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Normand Beaudoin's discussion P79 and I50
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Normand, Airmar, Inc. produces transducers for a number of manufacturers, including Raymarine.  The product name P79 identifies a family of transducers rather than a single transducer, each of which is…"
12 hours ago
Normand Beaudoin posted a discussion

P79 and I50

I bought a (a80170) (p79) from Budget marine in Grenada and a I50 depthThe a80170  I received has a 6 pins connector.  Every where on Web site I see that kind of connector is made for a Garmin product.Can I connect this two item together.ThankSee More
12 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Carl Hawkins's discussion Boat Heading
"Frank, Please not that fishfinder transducers do not feature ultrasonic speed sensing.  A separate instrument transducer with i70 Multifunction Instrument would need to be within the system for sensing speed though water ultrasonically.  I…"
14 hours ago
Frank M. Clemente replied to Carl Hawkins's discussion Boat Heading
"Thanks for the info. I do not have a paddle wheel. I do have a transducer that my fish finder uses which might be called an ultrasonic transducer. I was under the impression the speed data came from the GPS of the Raymarine. At any rate it is called…"
14 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service