I have a Raymarine RL70C with software version 4.11 connected to a Raymarine L760 with the chart slots, software version 4.11 also. Neither unit recognizes the other one is on the network. I have sent the L760 in for a sonar problem. Raymarine fixed that problem and tested the HSB2 communication. They said working properly. I have changed the cable and done the resistance tests on the pins. All look normal. Is there anything else I can try before sending the RL70C in for testing? 

Views: 321

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would like to follow ... just a thought are Seatalks connected ? and HSB terminators ? I am sure one of the techs will address this soon

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Larry,

• Verify that the hsb² network is properly terminated (i.e. 2 hsb2 inline terminators only and the terminators are installed in the end units).  If the display's hsb2 port is gray, then no hsb2 inline terminator has been installed in the display's port.  If the display's hsb2 port is black, then you are looking are the male end of a hsb2 inline terminator.  
  • Verify that all Pathfinders are PLUS units and have v4.11 software installed (it has been noted that both of your displays have v4.11 software)
  • Verify that all hsb cables are securely seated and have proper strain relief
  • Verify that there are no damaged hsb² cables by visually inspecting and performing continuity tests
  • Verify that there are no sharp bends (<6 inch diameter) in the hsb² cables
  • If the system contains more than 2 hsb² nodes, attempt fault isolation to identify the faulty component (i.e. connect 2 nodes at time to verify interaction between the components)
  • Verify that no more than 2 C-Map SW+ regions are being served on the hsb² network. 
  • Perform resistance tests and continuity tests of the hsb² components:
    • Terminators (uninstalled from hsb² port): 120 +/- 2 ohms across the HSVB_POS & HSVB_NEG pins (see page 8-24 of the hsb2 Plus Series Color LCD Display Owner's Manual
    • Pathfinders (power off): 2200 +/- 50 ohms across the HSVB_POS & HSVB_NEG pins
    • Terminators (installed): values should drop by approximately 5 ohms from the value measured prior to installation
    • For multiple display systems, with the system's hsb² displays reconnected to the hsb² network and the Pathfinder PC disconnected from the hsb² network, measure the resistance of the network through the hsb² cable:

Displays Resistance

1____________114

2____________108

3____________103

4____________99

5____________94

6____________90

7____________87

8____________84

If these tests identify the problematic component, then it should be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be serviced. If all of these items are within the specifications listed above and fault isolation fails to identify the problematic component, send each of the hsb² components and as much of cabling as can easily be removed to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be tested as a system.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Clay N Viemeister replied to Clay N Viemeister's discussion Are C90W MFD's able to power Lighthouse 2 Software?
"Thank you Sir. Have a good day."
21 minutes ago
Mike Klaubert replied to Mike Klaubert's discussion archive.fsh backup of weigh points won't show up on e127 card when loaded
"I have the file, thanks so much for your help!!"
29 minutes ago
Russell A. Traina replied to Bob Williams's discussion my cf card
"  Thank, just another thing.  I like the new Raymarine hybrid series charplotters and I think they are offering a rebate.  I thought I saw somewhere on your site where these are compatible to fit the same h*** as my C80  is this…"
31 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Jason Dunster's discussion Power Wire Gauge of Dragonfly 7 Pro
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Jason, The power leads of the Dragonfly Power/Transducer Cable and Dragonfly Power/Transducer Extension Cable are produced from 20 gauge wire."
38 minutes ago
Jason Dunster posted a discussion

Power Wire Gauge of Dragonfly 7 Pro

What is the gauge of the individual power wires on a Dragonfly 7 Pro.See More
39 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Mike Klaubert's discussion archive.fsh backup of weigh points won't show up on e127 card when loaded
"Mike, Please find promised GPX file attached to this response."
51 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Bob Williams's discussion my cf card
"Russell, The instructions are as specified.  Should you open up your Downloads folder and locate the downloaded Zip file (features a .zip suffix), you should then be able to open the software update file as previously specified.  Another…"
58 minutes ago
Mike Klaubert replied to Mike Klaubert's discussion archive.fsh backup of weigh points won't show up on e127 card when loaded
"Attached is my file, thanks for your help"
1 hour ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Dave Copeland's discussion S100 Remote Problem
"The reason for Fishing boat is for certain pilots that have fishing patterns, it stops the remote from kicking out of the patterns."
1 hour ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Ken Tait's discussion Smartpilot Type S1
"Great to hear you are back up and running!"
1 hour ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to John Higgins's discussion Older Autopilots and new MFD's
"No, the power cable is not the same and does not contain the Seatalk interface any longer. The MFDs are Seatalk NG only, so the Seatalk to Seatalk NG converter will be required. Yes, the HS switch can be eliminated with the size of the network you…"
1 hour ago
Russell A. Traina replied to Bob Williams's discussion my cf card
"Thanks for your response, I have tried this many times and just cant do it.  Someone else I know has tried it who is better with computers tried and couldnt' do it either.  The problem seems to be when I try to unzip the file.…"
1 hour ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Mike Klaubert's discussion archive.fsh backup of weigh points won't show up on e127 card when loaded
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Mike, Please click here to view a Forum discussion in which I had previously addressed this subject.  Should you attach your archive.fsh file to this discussion, then I will in turn produce a GPX…"
1 hour ago
Mike Klaubert posted discussions
1 hour ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Bob Williams's discussion my cf card
"Russel, Windows 8 would have nothing to do with the reported problem.  The downloaded file is a common Zip file.  This may look like a folder on a Windows 8 system.  Simply open the Zip file and then copy/extract the .dob and .pkg…"
1 hour ago
Profile IconJanin Hayes, Tom Britton, Troy Hutt and 6 more joined Raymarine Technical Forum
1 hour ago

© 2016   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service