I have a Raymarine RL70C with software version 4.11 connected to a Raymarine L760 with the chart slots, software version 4.11 also. Neither unit recognizes the other one is on the network. I have sent the L760 in for a sonar problem. Raymarine fixed that problem and tested the HSB2 communication. They said working properly. I have changed the cable and done the resistance tests on the pins. All look normal. Is there anything else I can try before sending the RL70C in for testing? 

Views: 246

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would like to follow ... just a thought are Seatalks connected ? and HSB terminators ? I am sure one of the techs will address this soon

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Larry,

• Verify that the hsb² network is properly terminated (i.e. 2 hsb2 inline terminators only and the terminators are installed in the end units).  If the display's hsb2 port is gray, then no hsb2 inline terminator has been installed in the display's port.  If the display's hsb2 port is black, then you are looking are the male end of a hsb2 inline terminator.  
  • Verify that all Pathfinders are PLUS units and have v4.11 software installed (it has been noted that both of your displays have v4.11 software)
  • Verify that all hsb cables are securely seated and have proper strain relief
  • Verify that there are no damaged hsb² cables by visually inspecting and performing continuity tests
  • Verify that there are no sharp bends (<6 inch diameter) in the hsb² cables
  • If the system contains more than 2 hsb² nodes, attempt fault isolation to identify the faulty component (i.e. connect 2 nodes at time to verify interaction between the components)
  • Verify that no more than 2 C-Map SW+ regions are being served on the hsb² network. 
  • Perform resistance tests and continuity tests of the hsb² components:
    • Terminators (uninstalled from hsb² port): 120 +/- 2 ohms across the HSVB_POS & HSVB_NEG pins (see page 8-24 of the hsb2 Plus Series Color LCD Display Owner's Manual
    • Pathfinders (power off): 2200 +/- 50 ohms across the HSVB_POS & HSVB_NEG pins
    • Terminators (installed): values should drop by approximately 5 ohms from the value measured prior to installation
    • For multiple display systems, with the system's hsb² displays reconnected to the hsb² network and the Pathfinder PC disconnected from the hsb² network, measure the resistance of the network through the hsb² cable:

Displays Resistance

1____________114

2____________108

3____________103

4____________99

5____________94

6____________90

7____________87

8____________84

If these tests identify the problematic component, then it should be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be serviced. If all of these items are within the specifications listed above and fault isolation fails to identify the problematic component, send each of the hsb² components and as much of cabling as can easily be removed to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be tested as a system.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Richard Lewczuk replied to Richard Lewczuk's discussion Pilot book information no longer accessible on E95 MFD
" The information on the label of the adapter sleeve is as follows: Lake Ontario;MSD/648P+;   US1IUZNAIL11SS .   PLS refer to image below of the Platinum Plus sleeve and the chip (SanDisk 8 GB class 4, micro SDHC) PLS note that I am…"
1 hour ago
Marcelo Remotti updated their profile
1 hour ago
Marcelo Remotti replied to Barry Shapiro's discussion Navionics Syncing
1 hour ago
peter j geltman replied to peter j geltman's discussion No Pilot on ST 7002
"I had the NO PILOT come on again and stay on for the duration of a two hour trip. Had a tech look at it and he said perhaps a bad Type 100 (old computer) or control head. All connections looked good according to him. Later on that…"
2 hours ago
Marcelo Remotti replied to Torkel Jodalen's discussion Tidal graph - easy access?
"I just purchased a new a98MFD with Lighthouse and Navionics Plus cartography and had the same need, was looking for tidal information required way too many keystrokes. I think an option or alternative would be to allow users to add…"
3 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Waldou2's discussion Need help with Raymarine equipment
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Waldou2, You will need to expand upon your "GPS" concerns, as updating your MFD's software with the latest C-Series Classic MFD software and then updating your Navionics cartography will…"
3 hours ago
steve krug replied to steve krug's discussion AIS transponder not displaying targets
"AIS now displaying, have no idea what happened.. Gremlins?!"
4 hours ago
Chris Carmody replied to Charlie Stackhouse's discussion Navionics chart not showing any detail on Voyage Planner
"I sent an email to support@voyagexchange.com - I will try to call Andre tomorrow.  Here is an example of the screens/error."
7 hours ago
Ian Threlfall updated their profile
9 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Doug Flink's discussion E7D, C125 waypoint arrival alarm - turn it off??
"You're welcome."
10 hours ago
Ian Threlfall replied to Doug Flink's discussion E7D, C125 waypoint arrival alarm - turn it off??
"Tried out the new v11.26 - Turned off the Waypoint Arrival Alarm - wonderful - no more freaked out passengers with constant alarms sounding - and my boat defaulted to following the pre-planned route rather than heading straight on .... Thank you…"
10 hours ago
Richard Tomlinson updated their profile
14 hours ago
frank haskell posted a blog post

I am having a problem with my auto pilot.st 70 reads no pilot.in checking the connections I notice something strange.if I unplug the three prong power cable from the back of the e120 my auto pilot co…

I am having a problem with my auto pilot.st 70 reads no pilot.in checking the connections I notice something strange.if I unplug the three prong power cable from the back of the e120 my auto pilot comes on and works fine.as soon as I put the power cable back into the e120 the no pilot comes back on screen of st70.unplug the power cable from back of e120 and the auto pilot immediately comes back on.plug it back into the e120 and it goes to no pilot please help.have voltage in auto pilot box…See More
19 hours ago
Doug Flink posted photos
19 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to John Russo's discussion A 50 CDI Data Display
"You're welcome."
19 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to John Russo's discussion Route transfers from flask Card
"Noted."
19 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service