I have a Raymarine RL70C with software version 4.11 connected to a Raymarine L760 with the chart slots, software version 4.11 also. Neither unit recognizes the other one is on the network. I have sent the L760 in for a sonar problem. Raymarine fixed that problem and tested the HSB2 communication. They said working properly. I have changed the cable and done the resistance tests on the pins. All look normal. Is there anything else I can try before sending the RL70C in for testing? 

Views: 352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would like to follow ... just a thought are Seatalks connected ? and HSB terminators ? I am sure one of the techs will address this soon

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Larry,

• Verify that the hsb² network is properly terminated (i.e. 2 hsb2 inline terminators only and the terminators are installed in the end units).  If the display's hsb2 port is gray, then no hsb2 inline terminator has been installed in the display's port.  If the display's hsb2 port is black, then you are looking are the male end of a hsb2 inline terminator.  
  • Verify that all Pathfinders are PLUS units and have v4.11 software installed (it has been noted that both of your displays have v4.11 software)
  • Verify that all hsb cables are securely seated and have proper strain relief
  • Verify that there are no damaged hsb² cables by visually inspecting and performing continuity tests
  • Verify that there are no sharp bends (<6 inch diameter) in the hsb² cables
  • If the system contains more than 2 hsb² nodes, attempt fault isolation to identify the faulty component (i.e. connect 2 nodes at time to verify interaction between the components)
  • Verify that no more than 2 C-Map SW+ regions are being served on the hsb² network. 
  • Perform resistance tests and continuity tests of the hsb² components:
    • Terminators (uninstalled from hsb² port): 120 +/- 2 ohms across the HSVB_POS & HSVB_NEG pins (see page 8-24 of the hsb2 Plus Series Color LCD Display Owner's Manual
    • Pathfinders (power off): 2200 +/- 50 ohms across the HSVB_POS & HSVB_NEG pins
    • Terminators (installed): values should drop by approximately 5 ohms from the value measured prior to installation
    • For multiple display systems, with the system's hsb² displays reconnected to the hsb² network and the Pathfinder PC disconnected from the hsb² network, measure the resistance of the network through the hsb² cable:

Displays Resistance

1____________114

2____________108

3____________103

4____________99

5____________94

6____________90

7____________87

8____________84

If these tests identify the problematic component, then it should be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be serviced. If all of these items are within the specifications listed above and fault isolation fails to identify the problematic component, send each of the hsb² components and as much of cabling as can easily be removed to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be tested as a system.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

William G Thomson updated their profile
yesterday
Justin Brown replied to Justin Brown's discussion Help me understand the correct networking for STng & NMEA 2k sensors
"Please let me know if that gauge works for setting the bus"
yesterday
Chris Manero replied to Justin Brown's discussion Help me understand the correct networking for STng & NMEA 2k sensors
"LMF-200. $155 on eBay new in box"
Saturday
Mathieu Neron replied to Richard Itkin's discussion C120W compatibility
"Perhaps one solution of the problem with out the aids to navigation like markers etc would be to do a split screen with one showing the normal charts and the one showing the fish aka sonar charts. I will try it on my end and let you know the outcome."
Thursday
Danny Higgins replied to Tim Nesterak's discussion Navionics SonarChart Live
"I'm trying to turn on the Sonarchart Live on my e7D.  When I get to the section where the sonar log is located everything is grayed out.  I have the latest version of the Raymarine software and Navionics Platinum+; what am I doing…"
Aug 24
Gary Gershon replied to Michael Quiriconi's discussion Autopilot Smartcontroller Battery Replacement
"I had success in replacing the battery. Here's a few notes: My unit was completely dead. Didn't hold any charge. Battery pack via Defender arrived overnight by standard UPS in my area. Battery pack has two joined cells with three wires…"
Aug 24
Justin Brown replied to Justin Brown's discussion Help me understand the correct networking for STng & NMEA 2k sensors
"Which LMF gauge did you purchase?"
Aug 24
Chris Manero replied to Justin Brown's discussion Help me understand the correct networking for STng & NMEA 2k sensors
"Thank you Justin. Read that thread and same conclusion that need the Lowrance gauge to setup the way I want to. Bought one off of EBay for $155 and arrives Thursday. Disappointed as I too checked with Lowrance and Raymarine before purchasing and…"
Aug 23
German Delfino updated their profile
Aug 23
"Nope, still at a standstill..basically they are saying I will need to purchase another meter from lowrance to put them on different bus's to separate the data. Check this thread here for more…"
Aug 22
Chris replied to Gordon Long's discussion ST70 auto pilot - won't disengage & "drive motor not on"
"I've also had two problems that sound very similar. I have an X30 Smartpilot computer and type 3 linear hydraulic ram drive with an st70 control head at helm and nav stand below, and C series widescreen multifunction displays at helm and nav…"
Aug 21
"I purchased the sensors and will be installing them. Were you able to find out more info from Lowramce?"
Aug 21
Peter Boll replied to Daniel Lowery's discussion RayTechRNS 6.2 software
Aug 17
Captain Rick Sorrenti replied to Brad Young's discussion Ray 240 VHF.......how to obtain a new cord?
"If you read the Raymarine Moderator's comment. The cable is available directly from Raymarine. You could call...."
Aug 15
David J. Mahler replied to Brad Young's discussion Ray 240 VHF.......how to obtain a new cord?
"I am having the exact same problem with both my ray240 handset cables.   where can I get a new cable?"
Aug 15
David J. Mahler replied to Kim Dingwall's discussion Ray260 VHF
"Hi, by any chance, do you know how to change the settings on the 240 to make the volume louder on the external speaker?  Mine has worked fine for 2 years, and just last week, while someone was aboard messing with my ray 240, now, the ext volume…"
Aug 15

© 2016   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service