I have a Raymarine RL70C with software version 4.11 connected to a Raymarine L760 with the chart slots, software version 4.11 also. Neither unit recognizes the other one is on the network. I have sent the L760 in for a sonar problem. Raymarine fixed that problem and tested the HSB2 communication. They said working properly. I have changed the cable and done the resistance tests on the pins. All look normal. Is there anything else I can try before sending the RL70C in for testing? 

Views: 278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would like to follow ... just a thought are Seatalks connected ? and HSB terminators ? I am sure one of the techs will address this soon

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Larry,

• Verify that the hsb² network is properly terminated (i.e. 2 hsb2 inline terminators only and the terminators are installed in the end units).  If the display's hsb2 port is gray, then no hsb2 inline terminator has been installed in the display's port.  If the display's hsb2 port is black, then you are looking are the male end of a hsb2 inline terminator.  
  • Verify that all Pathfinders are PLUS units and have v4.11 software installed (it has been noted that both of your displays have v4.11 software)
  • Verify that all hsb cables are securely seated and have proper strain relief
  • Verify that there are no damaged hsb² cables by visually inspecting and performing continuity tests
  • Verify that there are no sharp bends (<6 inch diameter) in the hsb² cables
  • If the system contains more than 2 hsb² nodes, attempt fault isolation to identify the faulty component (i.e. connect 2 nodes at time to verify interaction between the components)
  • Verify that no more than 2 C-Map SW+ regions are being served on the hsb² network. 
  • Perform resistance tests and continuity tests of the hsb² components:
    • Terminators (uninstalled from hsb² port): 120 +/- 2 ohms across the HSVB_POS & HSVB_NEG pins (see page 8-24 of the hsb2 Plus Series Color LCD Display Owner's Manual
    • Pathfinders (power off): 2200 +/- 50 ohms across the HSVB_POS & HSVB_NEG pins
    • Terminators (installed): values should drop by approximately 5 ohms from the value measured prior to installation
    • For multiple display systems, with the system's hsb² displays reconnected to the hsb² network and the Pathfinder PC disconnected from the hsb² network, measure the resistance of the network through the hsb² cable:

Displays Resistance

1____________114

2____________108

3____________103

4____________99

5____________94

6____________90

7____________87

8____________84

If these tests identify the problematic component, then it should be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be serviced. If all of these items are within the specifications listed above and fault isolation fails to identify the problematic component, send each of the hsb² components and as much of cabling as can easily be removed to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be tested as a system.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Mark Quinlan replied to Mark Quinlan's discussion Configuring a C120 classic to work with Simrad AP 24
"Thank you very helpful!  I"d like to go the Seatalk route instead of 0183 because of the inherent data speed transmission advantage.  Can you confirm that Seatalk will send the  depth and navigation data into the Seatalkng/NMEA…"
4 hours ago
Brian smith replied to Brian smith's discussion Raypilot 650
"I switched the wires on the pump and I got hard left turn.  Also checked the Ohms reading on the Fluxgate compass and they where all reading right.  I am in the process of trying to locate the fluxgate compass on the boat with no luck so…"
7 hours ago
Bill Ehlke replied to Bill Ehlke's discussion HD Digital Radar not starting when system is powered on
"app version 2.49 bootcode version 1.10 baseboard version 3.20 BTW - the system has worked fine for a few years.  It just stopped working a week ago. "
9 hours ago
Pete W. replied to Pete W.'s discussion tacktick wind instrument repair
"The wind display seems to recognize the masthead unit as the windspeed, in knots, appears reasonably accurate.  However, the wind indicator "spins" in all directions, and seldom points in the correct direction. "
11 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Pete W.'s discussion tacktick wind instrument repair
"What is the problem your experiencing?"
11 hours ago
Pete W. posted a discussion

tacktick wind instrument repair

Must I return my masthead unit to Raymarine, or can a local dealer resolve my problem? thanksSee More
11 hours ago
Profile IconJeffrey Bird, Pete W., Sam Moore and 7 more joined Raymarine Technical Forum
11 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Sam Moore's discussion A70 Chartplotter - Male or Female Seatalk 2000ng connector?
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Sam, The NMEA 2000 protocol does not specify the physical characteristics of the plugs and sockets within a system.  As such, Raymarine's SeaTalkng spur and backbone networking products may be used…"
13 hours ago
Sam Moore posted a discussion

A70 Chartplotter - Male or Female Seatalk 2000ng connector?

Hi,I have an A70 Chartplotter.Currently it's moving data via NMEA 0183.I'm changing to NMEA 2000.The chart plotter is about a 3.5 hr drive away.I'm wondering is the connector on the back of the unit male or female?Reason for that question is there are two different parts that convert from SeaTalk 2000g to NMEA 2000.  One is male the other is female.Part #'sFemale Cable - A06045Male Cable - A06046Thanks!Sam Moore…See More
13 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Kurt Breitkreuz's discussion Raymarine a78 mounting bracket part#?
"You're welcome."
13 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to david greene's discussion lighthouse sd micro preloaded
"You're welcome."
13 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to david greene's discussion lighthouse charts and A75
"You're welcome."
14 hours ago
david greene replied to david greene's discussion lighthouse charts and A75
"Everything works! Would help if your instructions as shown above were provided in the beginning...I see what you are saying about detail over land with Vector charts. And also zooming in...Thanks"
14 hours ago
david greene replied to david greene's discussion lighthouse sd micro preloaded
"Everything works! Would help if your instructions as shown above were provided in the beginning...I see what you are saying about detail over land with Vector charts. And also zooming in...Thanks Tomorrow we will connect the data cord to the…"
14 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Nick Koslowski's discussion Raymarine RD424D 24" Radar - What cable?
"Nick, The Digital Radar Cable cannot be directly interfaced to the MFD.  The Ethernet (SeaTalkhs/RayNet) based devices must be connected to either or SeaTalkhs Crossover Coupler or SeaTalkhs Network Switch which in turn will connected to the…"
14 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Lawrence's discussion A22012 replacement
"It is an improved design, and has been our standard masthead for many years.  Also as you have said, it will fit into all of the new products you have upgraded."
14 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service