Hello, I have a Hunter 49 2009 with Raymarine E120 mfd in the cockpit and E80 below, they have been working ok for 4 years connected via seatalk hs. 

I had to send the E120 to fix the blacklit cctl and when I installed it back none of them can see each other.

The E120 IP address is 10.10.167.235
The E80 IP address is 10.10.173.41

They both have app ver v.5.52 and Bootcode Version v1.03

Individually they work fine, radar, st70 wind depth, engine, ais, etc.

When connected together they both ask to be set as Master.

How can I change the IP address in one to fix this problem?

Views: 415

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Miguel,

IP addresses cannot be changed in the field.  The IP addresses appear correct and as such would not be responsible for the reported issue.  Are these MFDs interfaced via a SeaTalkhs Network Switch or via a SeaTalkng Crossover Coupler?  If interfaced via a SeaTalkhs Network Switch, are there other devices interfaced to the network switch.

seatalk hs, just them two.

Miguel,

Please see the message sent to you yesterday.  SeaTalkhs is not specific enough of an answer.  Please respond with the applicable method identified within that message.  Should the physical interface be not within the methods that I listed, then please identify the exact physical components used to interface these two MFDs.

Hello again, sorry for the wrong answer.  

This MFDs were installed by Hunter Marine and I don't have the schematics for the E's install.

I am waiting for an answer from Marlow Hunter regarding the e80 e120 connection.

Maybe Both MFDs have been joined to one another via a single SeaTalkhs cable having weatherproof locking rings on both ends of its cable.

I am sure of  what comes out of each unit and what comes in but don't know what's in between.

I was at the boat yesterday and opened every board I did not find any network switch.

The E120 on the cockpit only has the power conector, the Seatalk HS and vga video in. 

The e80 is another story.  

Beside the Seatalk HS and power it has:

2kw radome cable connector

4X ST70 with tridata + M200 engine monitor thorught a06061 seatalk ng to E series

spx 30 autopilot computer / smart rf controller / EM-TRACK B100 ais transceiver  ->  nmea 0183

ICOM IC-M422 dsc -> sea talk alarm out

VGA OUT -> PANASONIC 37" MONITOR

VGA IN <- outdoor video camera.

Everything has been working well for more than 2 years, I see everything everywhere.

What changed?

Last december I had to send the E120 for repair of the Backlit CCRl and when I put it back in there was no communication with the E80.

I have done all resets and exchange positions of the E80 and E120.  Both work well as masters with everything connected but will not send data to the other on the cockpit.

regards

Miguel

Miguel,

Should both MFDs have been powered ON and commanding one of the MFDs to be the Data Master not cause the other MFD to then be configured as a repeater, then there may be a fault with the MFD repair or within the installation.  However, before troubleshooting the system can begin, we must first verify that the installation was correctly performed ... past system performance is not necessarily an indicator of whether the products were correctly interfaced.  The diagram which you have supplied does not include the E-Series Classic MFDs and does not specify how these items have been interfaced to one another.  Please send the SeaTalkhs interfacing questions that I sent to you to Hunter for specification regarding how the SeaTalkhs communications path was created between these products.  Should you not be able to obtain this information from Hunter Marine, then you may want to seek the assistance of an Raymarine installer.

This is the answer from Hunter Marine.

There should be a crossover coupler near the chartplotter at the nav station. I have attached a picture of it.

Regards,

Joe Kerr
Director of Engineering
Marlow-Hunter, LLC
Phone: 386-462-3672
Fax: 386-462-4077

More detailed answer.

Hello,

The E120 has a 10 meter Seatalk-HS cable that is connected to a Raymarine cross over coupler then a 1 meter or so Seatalk-HS cable to the E80.

Thanks,

Eddie Breeden

Miguel,

If unable to perform the diagnostics, it is recommended that a certified Raymarine Installer in your area be contacted to assist.  Alternatively, the MFD(s) may be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench checked.

System instability and/or loss of communications between MFDs may be caused by not operating the same version of MFD software in each MFD, software incompatibility with the chart card being used, or failure of the SeaTalkhs communications cabling between the MFDs, or failure of the MFD hardware itself. System instability may also be caused by SeaTalkhs communications problems. Most SeaTalkhs communications problems are due to one or more of the following: 
- each MFD has not been updated with E-Series Classic MFD v5.69 software. The version number of the software installed within the MFDs may be accessed via the command sequence MENU->SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS->SOFTWARE SERVICES->UNIT INFO->APP VERSION on each MFD. 
- a Factory Reset operation has not been performed on the MFDs following the software update
- insufficient power being supplied to the system (measure the voltage at the display end of each MFD's power cable) 
- installation issues (see below) 
- invalid MFD serial number(s). An invalid serial number may result if problems occur when a MFDs software is updated or when an incompatible memory card is used to perform the software update. The serial number for each MFD should be checked (MENU->SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS->SOFTWARE SERVICES->UNIT INFO->SERIAL NUMBER) ... should this item specify invalid, then the MFD will need to be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center.
- duplicate SeaTalkhs IPs have been encoded into the devices of the system. One may check the IP of each MFD via the command sequence MENU->SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS->EXTERNAL INTERFACES->SEATALKHS->IP ADDRESS. Pressing the DEVICES function key will list all other SeaTalkhs devices within the network, their IPs, software revisions, and IPs … you have already provided this information ... the IPs are valid and not duplicated within your system.

From an installation standpoint, the following issues must be addressed when troubleshooting a SeaTalkhs communications problems: 
- the MFDs must be interfaced via SeaTalkhs using a pair of SeaTalkhs cables that have been joined with a SeaTalkhs Crossover Coupler, SeaTalkhs Network Switch, or SR6 Sirius Satellite Weather Receiver/Network Switch. It is NOT permissible to connect an E-Series MFD directly to the any other SeaTalkhs device without using a SeaTalkhs Crossover Coupler or a SeaTalkhs Network Switch ... this has been verified by Marlow-Hunter. 
- inspect the SeaTalkhs Network Switch, clip any zip-ties anchoring the SeaTalkhs cables to the SeaTalkhs Network Switch (this may actually be causing an intermittent connection to the switch socket) and anchor/strain relive these cables outside of the switch ... N/A - SeaTalkhs Crossover Coupler installed
- SeaTalkhs cables, NOT generic Cat5e or custom constructed Cat5e, must be used to interface SeaTalkhs devices ... this has been verified by Marlow-Hunter
- Excess SeaTalkhs cable must be loosely coiled and secured to a bulkhead to prevent bend radius of less than 3" ... you will need to inspect the SeaTalkhs cables
- Bend radius of any SeaTalkhs Cable should not be less than 3" ... particular care should be taken to inspect the SeaTalkhs cables of any MFDs installed within pods to ensure that they are not subjected to such bends and/or have been kinked or otherwise damaged by such bends
- The marine electronics must be powered from an isolated power source
- The circuit powering the Raymarine products has been constructed of cable of the appropriate gauge for the round trip distance between the Raymarine products and the power source. 

If responding to this incident, please specify the serial numbers, software revisions, and IPs of each SeaTalkhs device as reported by the system using the command sequences listed above. 

Troubleshooting/Fault Isolation: 
A Raymarine installer may test the SeaTalkhs communications circuitry of each MFD by interfacing the MFDs one at a time to a a PC running RayTech RNS 6.1 software or to another SeaTalkhs device (ex. DSM30/300, Digital/HD/Super HD Digital Radar Scanner, or SR100).  Should the MFD not be able to communicate with one of these devices, then that MFD should be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

Could you send me the step by step procedure for upgrading from 5.52 to 5.69?

Do you Know what will happened with the non Raymarine devices connected to the system when upgrading form 5.52 to 5.69?  (M200 engine monitor Seatalk ng nmea2000 and/or EM-TRACK B100 ais transceiver nmea 0183)

Seatalk hs cable on the boat tested (with a network cable tester) like a new spare cable I have, pairs 1,2 and 3,6 .

Is there any other test to run on the cables? should pairs 4,5 and 7,8 also show?

I used this new cable to connect each MFD to my computer and I could see each of them and confirm their IP and Mac addresses.

Miguel,

The E-Series Classic MFD software and detailed software update instructions may be accessed by clicking here.  The software update will have no impact any external devices.  However, following the software update, the Port 1 setting of MFD which is interfaced to the AIS receiver will need to be configured to AIS 38400.

There are no additional cable tests to perform.  Raymarine products only use the pairs which you have identified.

Thanks.

Could you please confirm that Raymarine's Seatalk hs IP addresses work differently than standard ethernet?

In standard ethernet network these devices, E120 IP address 10.10.167.235 and E80 address 10.10.173.41 are in different subnets and will not see or talk to each other.

Thanks for all your help,

Regards

Miguel

Miguel,

This is indeed the case.  Raymarine's products featuring an Ethernet interface are designed around products having fixed IPs employing Class A addressing.  The IPs of your E-Series MFDs are indeed valid.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

• Add Photos

Latest Activity

Gregory S******* updated their profile
Saturday
Folkmeister replied to Mikael H's discussion Show vessels name from AIS
"Reactivating this old thread -   My prior boat had an e7 and AIS650 which worked great, vessel names were displayed with target info.  My new boat has older e80 and e120 plotters.  We have just installed AIS, but the vast majority of…"
Friday
Carol Shores updated their profile
Aug 8
Jorge Chubretovich updated their profile
Aug 3
J&G Marine supply replied to Don Gulliver's discussion AIS recommissioning
"Where on the web is the procedure to reset the mmsi.  Iknow pro ais to program but how do you clear the old mmsi"
Jul 17
Richard Gard liked Tom MacAllister's discussion E80 Issues
Jul 17
Richard Gard liked Miguel Gonzalez del Rey's discussion E120 -E80
Jul 17
Richard Gard replied to Adam Hyde's discussion New C125 won't display NMEA 0183 depth data
"subscribed"
Jul 17
Richard Gard liked Adam Hyde's discussion New C125 won't display NMEA 0183 depth data
Jul 17
TJ replied to Gerhard Lang's discussion CompactFlash card for E120/E80 classic series, data exchange waypoints and routes
"FAT 32 or 16 the compatibility tool is gone now."
Jul 13
Tim Turner replied to Tim Turner's discussion ST60+ Wind
"will that transducer work with a st50?"
Jul 2
Jan-Erik replied to Jan-Erik's discussion New boat with all Raymarine electronics
Jun 29
Tony O replied to Brad's discussion Rejoining cut Raynet cable for radar
"My radar  stopped working and I found a small Nick in my cable. Seeing that I could not get access to the place where the cable was run, I decided to open the cable to see how many wires were cut. Luckily there was only one so I Soldered them…"
Jun 25
Jindrich Dokonal replied to Robert Dahn's discussion ST70 Plus Power Cable
"Hi, How can I purchase a power cable for my ST70+plus display? Best regards, Henry"
Jun 25
Tom replied to Tom's discussion Pink "jelly fish" like icon meaning on chart
"I returned and got a picture. What does it mean?https://i.imgur.com/Du4JdEL.jpg"
Jun 19
Lasse Åhlander updated their profile
Jun 16

© 2018   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service