I read on The Hull Truth site a posting yesterday by your general manager that Raymarine would replace any of these units that were made in Mexico at no charge. What is the procedure for return & replacement of these units?

Thanks, John

Views: 1604

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum John,

Raymarine has manufactured many excellent in Mexico, including the DSM30 and DSM300/300G.  Irrespective of the country in which the DSM was manufactured or when the DSM was purchased, should a customer experience a DSM30/300 failure which is not determined to have resulted from physical damage, burning, submersion, lightning, etc., then Raymarine will fix/replace the DSM free of charge through January 2014.

The procedure for seeking repair/replacement are no different from that of any product sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

Thanks, that's more than fair, John

You're welcome.

My dsm 300 has been a problem since 2005 when new. It was originally installed new by a raymarine certified installer and always had the lost data error or no ping error etc. I assumed it was an installation error and kept trying to find the fix. Last year I replaced my e120 with a e120w and had a new transducer installed. New connections thoughout for the new install. Same problem with the dsm300. I added separate switch same problem. Changed out the power plug with new "4 contact pin" plug, no change. Even went so far as bringing newly charged battery onto boat and hooked it directly to the dsm300 with new cable with battery not connected to anything else at all and within five minutes at slow speed got a lockup with all errors. I forgot to mention that I also did the software updates on both the dsm and the e120w ... No change. Does all of this qualify as a dsm300 failure as stated above?

Thanks.

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Dennis,

Raymarine has placed no restrictions on the purchase date of the DSM30 or DSM300 when seeking the complimentary service that I specified within my last response.

Where are current DSM 300s being manufactured?

George,

Raymarine is currently manufacturing the DSM30 and DSM300 in Hungary.

I took my 2005 DSM 300 to Nashua today and they verified it was defective, replaced it and gave me a new power cable.

I am very impressed with Raymarine's service and commitment to their customers.

Thank you!!!

You're very welcome.

Same here; sent mine in & had a new unit & cable within a week (soon to be connected to my just purchased E125s, along with a 48"SHD, replacing a pair of E120s)

Noted.

Hi, did the replacement program for the Made in Mexico DSM300 really just end at the end of January? I just found out my DSM300 was made in Mexico. Thanks in advance, Richard

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

• Add Photos

Latest Activity

Russ Colombo left a comment for lee christiansen
"Lee: Guilty as charged, now gleeful denizen of Marco Island and still sailing.  How good of you to contact, and what news??? "
yesterday
Russ Colombo and lee christiansen are now friends
yesterday
Russ Colombo updated their profile
Wednesday
Herve Pugin replied to cliff mesirov's discussion Mirroring via VGA to HD TV
"I have a trouble with a Gs95 HDMI output, Is the format the same: 720P ?"
Monday
Matthew Peacock replied to Philippe Jean Figueroa's discussion System builder and Visio icons
"Bump.  Still not resolved."
Dec 2
Bill Sincox updated their profile
Dec 1
David Jovanovic commented on Ross Smelley's blog post ECI-100 to Volvo Penta EDC1
"I hawe the same question ! Regards"
Nov 24
Sam updated their profile
Nov 20
captdanpatrick updated their profile
Nov 19
Rick Fadler replied to Rick Fadler's discussion Adding Radar
"Thank you, this is really helpful!"
Nov 19
Jan van der Loos replied to duco camphuijsen's discussion Ray49E error code
"Question regarding the RAY49E VHF. I'm rewiring the system. The NMEA output of the VHF, with the NMEA datasets DSC and DSE. How are they processed further in the system? It will be linked with a MFD C127.  Thanks in advance. "
Nov 13
Keith M Rodger updated their profile
Nov 7
Brad Young updated their profile
Oct 31
Jim Pra replied to Neil McCubbin's discussion Where to find full manual for a TackTick mn 100-2 wind display
"This link is no longer active.  Is the guide available somewhere else? Thanks, Jim"
Oct 30
Michael Edwards updated their profile
Oct 30
Steve Yama replied to son nguyen's discussion Part No. for Auto pilot Pump M81120 Type 1 12V
"Did you ever find your seal?  My pump is starting to leak also between the pump and motor.  Not a lot but getting to be a nuisance."
Oct 17

© 2017   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service