I have a DSM300 connected to an E120 mfd (classic) thru a Seatalk HS router. On power-up of the dsm the following occurs:

Redlight

Immediately followed by amber light

Then 2 amber flashes

Then 8 amber flashes

meanwhile, at the router the right LED is steady while the left flashes - until they both go dark. When they do, the error 'DSM Connection Lost' displays for a few seconds until the process starts over.

It seems like a connection is made, but not maintained. I have tried diffent ports in the router but the behavior is the same.

Can anyone help me determine the cause?

thanks

joe

Tags: dsm300, e120

Views: 164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Joe,

This subject was previously addressed in forum discussion Loss of connection - no data.  Should you have addressed each of the items called out within the Moderator's response (including attachment), then it is recommended that the DSM be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

I upgraded the dsm to v4.20 and the bootloader to 5.18. The mfd is using v5.52

After upgrading, the error codes have changed ... the device now does the following:

2 amber blinks

1 long red

1 long amber

mfd shows 'DSM Connection Lost'

then after a pause the process starts over

I am reading 12.45v, all connections are tight, I replaced the connection at the breaker.

thanks

joe

Thanks for the follow-up information Joe,

Click here to view the Forum discussion which had previously addressed this subject.  Should you have addressed all of the installation items and tightened the socket nuts as specified within the referenced discussion, then it is recommended that the DSM be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Neil Langford replied to Neil Langford's discussion Transducer Cross Reference Required / E62007
"Thanks TJ,, don't worry about the muddy waters... we did regularly hold bottom to 750 meters with that 600watt unit ... maybe the warm waters of the Andaman Sea helped.  It would not find anything beyond 450 meters from a cold start, but…"
16 minutes ago
Luiz Fontes replied to André Cavallari's discussion Autohelm2000
"Acredito que seja apenas uma questão de conexão mesmo, não deve haver nenhuma transformação no sinal, mas não tenho certeza disso."
56 minutes ago
ian marshall replied to ian marshall's discussion Position output to DSC VHF radio
"will try it this wekend and get back to you. "
7 hours ago
André Cavallari replied to André Cavallari's discussion Autohelm2000
"Ok mas é só uma questão de conexão ou há também transformação do sinal?"
8 hours ago
Peter kerling replied to Peter kerling's discussion Dragonfly cuts out
"I don't think it is rebooting, it doesn't come back on while engine is running. Only after I turn off engine. Or if it (along with all other electronics) are connected to a independent battery; Not being charged by the outboard.…"
11 hours ago
Maximiliano Stachelski replied to Maximiliano Stachelski's discussion Multifunction A-67 and converter NMEA 0183 / STng
"Hi,       Thank you so much for the info. I understood that I will must  to energize the converter kit. I was thinking  do not energize the converter kit and  use one of the free spur to connect the gateway but as I…"
11 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Peter kerling's discussion Dragonfly cuts out
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Peter, Are you reporting that your Dragonfly is rebooting when you start your engine, then click here to view the FAQ in which this subject has been previously addressed.  Should your Dragonfly be…"
11 hours ago
Profile Iconpatrick J Benezech, Peter kerling, Bill Talley and 9 more joined Raymarine Technical Forum
11 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US posted a discussion

How do I insert my chart card into my new a-Series Multifunction Display?

Since April 2010, Navionics microSD based cartography has been packaged within a SD to microSD memory card adapter sleeve. The microSD memory card must be withdrawn from this adapter for use with your new a-Series Multifunction Display. To do so, orient the SD memory card adapter sleeve such that the label is facing you and the contacts are facing downward and away from you. Insert your finger nail into the recess in the sleeve below the chart card's label and slide your finger away from the…See More
11 hours ago
Peter kerling posted a discussion

Dragonfly cuts out

All connections and fuses are good, batterie is new. It seems to cut out while hooked up to the same battery as the main outboard. When hooked up to a battery not getting a charge it runs flawlessly. I would like to not have to use two batteries in this boat. Any suggestions?
12 hours ago
max posted a discussion

EV-100 / ACU-100 grounding

The autopilot unit ACU-100 has three power connectors (positive, negative, ground). I am not sure what the ground terminal should be connected to. The manual says that if there is not a specific boat ground system, then this should be grounded to the negative battery terminal. But then we would have two wires connected to the battery negative terminal ? Also : is the boat lightning ground system (a cable connected to a keelbolt) effective as grounding system for the ACU-100, in alternative to…See More
12 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Chuck Cowman's discussion C120 DSM300 Fishfinder display
"Chuck,  The system should retain the transducer selection between uses.  Again failure to maintain the setting may rooted in the transducer or the DSM.  The MFD would not be responsible for the reported problem  Replacement of…"
12 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Robert Horn's discussion C125, Lighthouse II, 11.26 fails to display Navionics charts
"Bob, You're welcome.  I'm glad that we were able to assist."
13 hours ago
Chuck Cowman replied to Chuck Cowman's discussion C120 DSM300 Fishfinder display
"Thank you.  I will run the DSM reset this afternoon and see if that helps.  I did notice that I have to reset the tranducer setup each time I power up as the system does not seem to retain the setup and defaults to the transducer at the…"
13 hours ago
Robert Horn replied to Robert Horn's discussion C125, Lighthouse II, 11.26 fails to display Navionics charts
"Just to close this discussion out I have a couple of comments. One, I really appreciate your prompt responses. Second, you are absolutely correct in that the Navionics chips are encrypted and the nTag files cannot be moved. Third, after going to the…"
13 hours ago
taryjenkins replied to taryjenkins's discussion Ev 100 autopilot adjustments
" "
13 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service