I have a DSM300 connected to an E120 mfd (classic) thru a Seatalk HS router. On power-up of the dsm the following occurs:

Redlight

Immediately followed by amber light

Then 2 amber flashes

Then 8 amber flashes

meanwhile, at the router the right LED is steady while the left flashes - until they both go dark. When they do, the error 'DSM Connection Lost' displays for a few seconds until the process starts over.

It seems like a connection is made, but not maintained. I have tried diffent ports in the router but the behavior is the same.

Can anyone help me determine the cause?

thanks

joe

Tags: dsm300, e120

Views: 165

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Joe,

This subject was previously addressed in forum discussion Loss of connection - no data.  Should you have addressed each of the items called out within the Moderator's response (including attachment), then it is recommended that the DSM be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

I upgraded the dsm to v4.20 and the bootloader to 5.18. The mfd is using v5.52

After upgrading, the error codes have changed ... the device now does the following:

2 amber blinks

1 long red

1 long amber

mfd shows 'DSM Connection Lost'

then after a pause the process starts over

I am reading 12.45v, all connections are tight, I replaced the connection at the breaker.

thanks

joe

Thanks for the follow-up information Joe,

Click here to view the Forum discussion which had previously addressed this subject.  Should you have addressed all of the installation items and tightened the socket nuts as specified within the referenced discussion, then it is recommended that the DSM be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

paul replied to paul's discussion Evolution Autopilot update to latest software versions - preservation of defaults and calibration?
"Many thanks, I had not realised that resetting the P70 reset the other components. Is this also true of the i70, i.e will this reset the itc5 and other transducers in the Seatalk=ng system? The documentation is not at all clear on this. Thanks, Paul"
1 hour ago
paul replied to paul's discussion i70 graphical displays V2.18
"Many thanks, I look forward to their response. Paul "
1 hour ago
Grant Watson shared their photo on Facebook
2 hours ago
Karl S replied to Karl S's discussion Patfinder Radar (1998) picture shifting/rotating clockwise??
"Hi, Thank you again for the quick return. Can you give me more details regarding a compatible radome to go with the old display (RL70RC)? The model that is defective is part # M92650 (Ser#AM926501280203) Would a 2D18" 2kW part # M92650-S be…"
2 hours ago
Frank left a comment for Underway - Raymarine, US
"I'm receiving a Dragon Fly for Christmas, it was purchased from Amazon as a package which include the Navionics Gold card. I contacted Navionics as I had another Gold card that was three years old and wonder if there would be a significant…"
3 hours ago
Mark Domney replied to Mark Domney's discussion ITC5 and depth transducer compatibilty
"Hi The sticker on the transducer cable rads as follows E66013 31-168-9-01 Rev 02 05102 The trasducer was connected via a y cable to the sleep/temp transducer and this cable plugged directly into the Hsb2 series fishfinder. The Hsb2 fishfinder is a…"
3 hours ago
Darren Bates replied to Jon's discussion Navionics freshest data subscription has expired pop-up box
"Thanks for the reply Moderator, I must admit I am a little concerned too, please see a copy of email sent to me from Navionics below. I will be keen to hear what you find out. ----------------------- Mr Darren, we're writing in reference to the…"
3 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Jon's discussion Navionics freshest data subscription has expired pop-up box
"Darren, We do not generally recommend deletion of any files from a Navionics chart card other than a file titled chartcat.xml ... and that is to correct problems associated with the Navionics cartography not being able to be viewed because of…"
4 hours ago
Darren Bates replied to Jon's discussion Navionics freshest data subscription has expired pop-up box
"Okay I have in touch with Navionics, "via emails", they have advised me to delete the .xml file on my card, they suggest it should fix the problem, they assure me it will not affect anything else and in fact will write a new file when…"
4 hours ago
Profile IconJesse White, Tommy Dean Howell, John McCorquodale and 4 more joined Raymarine Technical Forum
4 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to paul's discussion i70 graphical displays V2.18
"Understood.  I have a notice into the Product Management group for their interpretation, if they were going for showing a visual of how the data is changing, or an issue with the software with not providing numerical data on the vertical axis."
6 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Mark Stanley's discussion ST60 Speed/temp transducer
"It is not recommended, but is done in the industry.  Make sure of a clean splice, the temperature data is depending on Ohm resistance readings which could be affected by a bad splice."
6 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Mark Domney's discussion ITC5 and depth transducer compatibilty
"Do you have the Raymarine part number of the P319 transducer?  It is found on a weatherproof sticker usually placed about a 18 inches from the transducer.  It should give the Airmar part number and the Raymarine part number, this will…"
6 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to David H A Black's discussion Overwhelmed by the Raymarine options!
"First let's start with the existing equipment, what is the make and model number?  This will confirm if you are able to use the existing transducers."
6 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to luis oliver's discussion p70 what can it do
"The p70 is able to repeat Depth and though data, but it can not be used as a Depth display it will not connect to a transducer.  Thei70 instrument display is the multifunction instrument display and you would connect the transducer into the…"
7 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Mathieu Neron's discussion ST6001 display difference
"No difference, the ones that have the logo, were packages with the Smart Pilot generation autopilot system.   Yes, the ST6001+ is compatible with the S2 course computer. Yes, adding an external Smart Heading Sensor to the S2 course computer…"
7 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service