I have a DSM300 connected to an E120 mfd (classic) thru a Seatalk HS router. On power-up of the dsm the following occurs:

Redlight

Immediately followed by amber light

Then 2 amber flashes

Then 8 amber flashes

meanwhile, at the router the right LED is steady while the left flashes - until they both go dark. When they do, the error 'DSM Connection Lost' displays for a few seconds until the process starts over.

It seems like a connection is made, but not maintained. I have tried diffent ports in the router but the behavior is the same.

Can anyone help me determine the cause?

thanks

joe

Tags: dsm300, e120

Views: 169

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Joe,

This subject was previously addressed in forum discussion Loss of connection - no data.  Should you have addressed each of the items called out within the Moderator's response (including attachment), then it is recommended that the DSM be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

I upgraded the dsm to v4.20 and the bootloader to 5.18. The mfd is using v5.52

After upgrading, the error codes have changed ... the device now does the following:

2 amber blinks

1 long red

1 long amber

mfd shows 'DSM Connection Lost'

then after a pause the process starts over

I am reading 12.45v, all connections are tight, I replaced the connection at the breaker.

thanks

joe

Thanks for the follow-up information Joe,

Click here to view the Forum discussion which had previously addressed this subject.  Should you have addressed all of the installation items and tightened the socket nuts as specified within the referenced discussion, then it is recommended that the DSM be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to jonas wallner's discussion a68/78 sonar compatibility
"Jonas, Click here to view the thru-hull transducers which may be used with the a68/a78/a98/a128 MFDs or CP100."
4 minutes ago
Lawrence replied to Lawrence's discussion AIS650 software updates
"anyone?"
9 minutes ago
Lawrence replied to Lawrence's discussion A22012 replacement
"Does "part number overlap" means same part number for 2 different parts? Its more cylindrical I guess."
12 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Wayne Jeffress's discussion Pause Button
"You're welcome."
19 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Brian Domander's discussion Setting up a new system
"Brian, Your diagram show two SeaTalk cables connected to the S3 ... this is incorrect and will leave the ST6002 and ST60 displays unpowered.  I suggest that: you obtain a terminal strip having three isolated terminals within the photo…"
19 minutes ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Greg Trahan's discussion repair/replace/upgrade st6001
"The ST6001 is still repairable, it can be sent to the below address to be evaluated by a service technician for repair. What are the model numbers of the other components of the autopilot?  Course Computer? Drive? Service Address: Raymarine…"
20 minutes ago
Wayne Jeffress replied to Wayne Jeffress's discussion Pause Button
"Thank you sir."
21 minutes ago
Brian Domander replied to Brian Domander's discussion Setting up a new system
"I will take your advice to use the Seatalk to Seatalkng converter kit.  I have attached a diagram.  Can you give me any advice as to whether it would work ok?  Some trivial connections, such as antenna to the AIS are not shown. …"
53 minutes ago
Greg Trahan posted a discussion

repair/replace/upgrade st6001

i recently purchased a 34' sport fisher that was equipped with an st6001. I used the auto pilot for a few hours on the first few outings. On our last trip however, when we departed the marina, the display showed "no comp". i tried calibrating (driving in circles) but nothing happened.my questions are;can this be fixed? and if it can't be fixed, then how much of the system would i need to replace in order to go with an evolution?also would it be possible to get a chart plotter/auto pilot…See More
1 hour ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Wayne Jeffress's discussion Pause Button
"Wayne, Thanks for clarifying your feature request.  It will be logged accordingly."
1 hour ago
Wayne Jeffress replied to Wayne Jeffress's discussion Pause Button
"I am aware of this menu feature but I was interested in the ability to scroll back in history as is the case with some other brands. My comment in regard to the pause/scroll feature being placed on the menu bar would facilitate quickly pausing in…"
1 hour ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Toby's discussion Am I missing anything?
"Unfortunately not, we used to produce outboard bracket, but don't produce one any longer, so the rotary rudder reference should only be used for steering systems connected directly to the tiller on a rudder post.  Unless you want to try to…"
1 hour ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Casey Stokes's discussion Replacement GPS antenna/receiver
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Casey, Q1: Am I correct in understanding that the current generation receiver is not compatible with the seatalk hs hardware, and so each device would have to use a seatalk1 to seatalk ng…"
1 hour ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Thomas J O'Keefe's discussion st4000 control head compatability with Raymarine linear drive
"Anytime, contact us with any further questions."
1 hour ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Fernando's discussion Adding nmea2000 and nmea183 to an EV100 autopilot
"So the only unit that need software is the p70, and I would think that should be done to possibly fix the align to GPS issue. OK, with the Seatalk to Seatalk NG converter in the system, Multiple Data Source Selection is not available, because the…"
1 hour ago
Casey Stokes posted a discussion

Replacement GPS antenna/receiver

Hello,I'm trying a replace a broken GPS antenna/receiver on a recently purchased used boat. Not sure of the antenna model, but the system uses the seatalk hs switch and includes the following hardware:E80Gyroplus 2 SHSDSM300SR100Am I correct in understanding that the current generation receiver is not compatible with the seatalk hs hardware, and so each device would have to use a seatalk1 to seatalk ng converter? Also, it looks like the DSM300 does not have the ability to communicate over…See More
1 hour ago

© 2015   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service