I have a DSM300 connected to an E120 mfd (classic) thru a Seatalk HS router. On power-up of the dsm the following occurs:

Redlight

Immediately followed by amber light

Then 2 amber flashes

Then 8 amber flashes

meanwhile, at the router the right LED is steady while the left flashes - until they both go dark. When they do, the error 'DSM Connection Lost' displays for a few seconds until the process starts over.

It seems like a connection is made, but not maintained. I have tried diffent ports in the router but the behavior is the same.

Can anyone help me determine the cause?

thanks

joe

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Joe,

This subject was previously addressed in forum discussion Loss of connection - no data.  Should you have addressed each of the items called out within the Moderator's response (including attachment), then it is recommended that the DSM be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

I upgraded the dsm to v4.20 and the bootloader to 5.18. The mfd is using v5.52

After upgrading, the error codes have changed ... the device now does the following:

2 amber blinks

1 long red

1 long amber

mfd shows 'DSM Connection Lost'

then after a pause the process starts over

I am reading 12.45v, all connections are tight, I replaced the connection at the breaker.

thanks

joe

Thanks for the follow-up information Joe,

Click here to view the Forum discussion which had previously addressed this subject.  Should you have addressed all of the installation items and tightened the socket nuts as specified within the referenced discussion, then it is recommended that the DSM be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Mark Rutherford replied to Mark Rutherford's discussion i70 in setup cannot find transducers
"Finally got to swing the compass and it has 8 degree deviation.  However it is  still 85 degrees under reading.  Should I now apply the offset?  Any reason why is would have such a large offset.   Could our installer have…"
2 hours ago
Jim Nestlerode replied to Joseph Moceri's discussion ST6000 auto pilot suddenly gets 35-40 degrees off course
" "
6 hours ago
Chip Walpole replied to T. Mulrane's discussion i60 gauge operating intermittently
"I installed my new i60 (that I got Christmas 2014) wind instrument atop the mast then ran the cable to the helm and connected to pos and neg power. I confirmed 12 v on the positive lead. I have no other Raymarine components therefore this is a…"
7 hours ago
Keith Ford replied to Keith Ford's discussion A67 won't navigate to waypoint
"A67 has GPS fix. No MOB initiated. Waypoint well outside arrival radius. No network cables attached to MFD. GOTO CURSOR function worked. I do get bearing and range to cursor. Upon further testing, I discovered the following: If I select a waypoint…"
15 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Jeff Taylor's discussion A95 control app not working
"Jeff, The Raymarine Mobile apps, Navionics Boating app, and the Fusion Link app are the apps designed for use with Raymarine's Wi-Fi Equipped a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs."
20 hours ago
Chip Walpole updated their profile
yesterday
Panda H replied to Jeff kaller's discussion Remote for ST2000+ - Z101
"I have a new Ev100 autopilot wheel system with ev-1, acu100 and p70. Can I use an z101 remote with it and how do I connect?"
yesterday
Harry Juris replied to Charles Lamb's discussion ST 60 close haul wind indicator
"I am having exactly the same problem. I have followed the manual through step 4. When I enter the wind angle mode, the screen already reads 0 but when I exit user calibration the reading is still 180 out. As an experiment, I tried falling off the…"
yesterday
Alex Wilson replied to Joe westbury's discussion E97 MFD fuel management capabilities?
" Well, I tried - it seemed as though the file save was successful, however, upon examining the files on the SD card, I have the Lighthouse ID file and the folder containing my previous software updates.  Nothing else appears on that…"
yesterday
ER ROU replied to T. Mulrane's discussion i60 gauge operating intermittently
"The problem you are experiencing is different from the one being discussed in this chain. Yours sounds more like a wiring problem. "
yesterday
Daniel Huntsinger updated their profile
yesterday
Jeff Taylor replied to Jeff Taylor's discussion A95 control app not working
"I will try a system reset. Is there any other way to test the A95's wifi function?  Are the Apps the only things that use the wifi? "
yesterday
Toby replied to Toby's discussion networking an a128 to an a98
"Thank you for your help. We have our raynet to raynet cable installed and when we first powered up the MFDs it ask us to pick our main device, so we selected the a 128, but in doing so it seems to have deleted all of our waypoints that were stored…"
yesterday
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Jeff Taylor's discussion A95 control app not working
"Jeff, Q1. Is the app supposed to give me any notice that it has been registered?   A1. No. The only other recommendation is to kill all background apps running on the mobile devices and then try again.  Should the problem persist and…"
yesterday
Jeff Taylor replied to Jeff Taylor's discussion A95 control app not working
"Alright, I did as you suggested.  Is the app supposed to give me any notice that it has been registered?  I did not notice anything.  It started as always and began searching for MFDs to connect with.  I stopped it, reconnected…"
Saturday
Doug Bridges replied to Doug Bridges's discussion Replacing M81188 Linear rudder position sensor
"I finally got every thing to work. The course computer was the problem. I finally found a third party that was able to do a repair on my S1G Course computer. There are people out there that work on these computers, but you have to look around a…"
Saturday

© 2015   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service