I have a DSM300 connected to an E120 mfd (classic) thru a Seatalk HS router. On power-up of the dsm the following occurs:

Redlight

Immediately followed by amber light

Then 2 amber flashes

Then 8 amber flashes

meanwhile, at the router the right LED is steady while the left flashes - until they both go dark. When they do, the error 'DSM Connection Lost' displays for a few seconds until the process starts over.

It seems like a connection is made, but not maintained. I have tried diffent ports in the router but the behavior is the same.

Can anyone help me determine the cause?

thanks

joe

Tags: dsm300, e120

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Joe,

This subject was previously addressed in forum discussion Loss of connection - no data.  Should you have addressed each of the items called out within the Moderator's response (including attachment), then it is recommended that the DSM be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

I upgraded the dsm to v4.20 and the bootloader to 5.18. The mfd is using v5.52

After upgrading, the error codes have changed ... the device now does the following:

2 amber blinks

1 long red

1 long amber

mfd shows 'DSM Connection Lost'

then after a pause the process starts over

I am reading 12.45v, all connections are tight, I replaced the connection at the breaker.

thanks

joe

Thanks for the follow-up information Joe,

Click here to view the Forum discussion which had previously addressed this subject.  Should you have addressed all of the installation items and tightened the socket nuts as specified within the referenced discussion, then it is recommended that the DSM be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Joe updated their profile
17 minutes ago
William Coohon replied to Roko's discussion Knicked E 120 classic GPS antenna cable now no fix
"Is there enough room to splice the wires together? They're likely Seatalk - reconnect color for color."
55 minutes ago
Bob Forman replied to Bob Forman's discussion Speed/Temp thru-hull for ST60 Plus Tridata
"Thanks very much, Bob"
1 hour ago
Roko replied to Roko's discussion Knicked E 120 classic GPS antenna cable now no fix
"Unfortunately I cannot get to the underside of the antenna right now due to a stripped screw that I do not want to exacerbate / mess with until I get a fix in the works. It does have an LED light on top of the antenna itself and is feeding dual…"
1 hour ago
Robert Horn replied to Robert Horn's discussion C125, Lighthouse II, 11.26 fails to display Navionics charts
"Both slots work. I have used the original Silver USA chip and also the NOAA Vector charts. The Lighthouse install is current. I have also updated the Nauticl Charts, Sonar Charts and Community Edits. When the unit boots it display the correct date…"
1 hour ago
Progressive Insurance replied to Progressive Insurance's discussion auto pilot coordinates
"I am looking to retrieve the coordinates that were set on the unit.  The boat sank."
1 hour ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Paul Guenette's discussion T 101 Wireless Wind networking with Furuno ?
"I will leave the experience with T101 Wireless Wind and the networking with Furuno equipment to others who have that experience on the Forum, but I would like to comment on the question about feeding GPS and Depth to the T101 Wireless Wind system.…"
1 hour ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Julian Croxall's discussion A50 thru-hull transducer
"Julian, When interfaced to an A50D, A57D, or A70D, an A66090 B744V Thru-hull Depth/Speed/Temperature Transducer will support use of the MFD's fishfinder features, including water temperature and speed through water."
1 hour ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Maurice Colontonio's discussion AIS Problems with Version 11.26 on an E125 Touch Screen
"Maurice, Thanks for providing the requested information as it has yielded the type of diagnostic information I had hoped for.  Please see the screen snapshot below from my system (e95 (v11.26) and AIS650).  Note the direct reference…"
1 hour ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Robert Horn's discussion C125, Lighthouse II, 11.26 fails to display Navionics charts
"Robert, Please note that we are not seeing similar issues in operating a/c/e/gS-Series MFDs (v11.26) with Platinum Plus and Navionics+ chart cards which have been updated with not only Freshest Data, but also Sonar Charts, and Community Edits.…"
2 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to William Shrage's discussion Navpod for e125
"I have enclosed both cut out templates for the e125 and the e95.  Let us know if there is any more information you need."
2 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Progressive Insurance's discussion auto pilot coordinates
"This is a email Forum.  You can contact our Product Support team at 800.539.5539.  What are you looking to retrieve from the autopilot?"
2 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Rick frank's discussion Ev 200 to c80
"M81120 is the Type 1 autopilot pump.  What is the steering system drive pump?"
2 hours ago
Julian Croxall replied to Julian Croxall's discussion A50 thru-hull transducer
"thanks- will that provide data to run the fishfinder feature too or just depth? It's not clear from the product description"
2 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Bill Bowers's discussion Converting P70R to P70?
"No, the rotary knob is hard wired to the main board."
2 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Roko's discussion Knicked E 120 classic GPS antenna cable now no fix
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Roko, What is the make/model GPS sensor which is currently installed onboard the vessel?  If it is a Raymarine GPS sensor, a tag has been affixed to the bottom shell of the GPS sensor.  This tag…"
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service