I have a DSM300 connected to an E120 mfd (classic) thru a Seatalk HS router. On power-up of the dsm the following occurs:

Redlight

Immediately followed by amber light

Then 2 amber flashes

Then 8 amber flashes

meanwhile, at the router the right LED is steady while the left flashes - until they both go dark. When they do, the error 'DSM Connection Lost' displays for a few seconds until the process starts over.

It seems like a connection is made, but not maintained. I have tried diffent ports in the router but the behavior is the same.

Can anyone help me determine the cause?

thanks

joe

Tags: dsm300, e120

Views: 171

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Joe,

This subject was previously addressed in forum discussion Loss of connection - no data.  Should you have addressed each of the items called out within the Moderator's response (including attachment), then it is recommended that the DSM be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

I upgraded the dsm to v4.20 and the bootloader to 5.18. The mfd is using v5.52

After upgrading, the error codes have changed ... the device now does the following:

2 amber blinks

1 long red

1 long amber

mfd shows 'DSM Connection Lost'

then after a pause the process starts over

I am reading 12.45v, all connections are tight, I replaced the connection at the breaker.

thanks

joe

Thanks for the follow-up information Joe,

Click here to view the Forum discussion which had previously addressed this subject.  Should you have addressed all of the installation items and tightened the socket nuts as specified within the referenced discussion, then it is recommended that the DSM be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Tj Willacker replied to Tj Willacker's discussion Evo 200 Turning issues
"Yes, Hydraulic.  I have 3 downriggers on the boat. The boat will typically turn right when a dowrigger is moved. Aka a power drain. The heading does change on the control head, but after about 10 seconds the boat rights itself to the selected…"
3 hours ago
Ron Hahn and Steve Rich are now friends
4 hours ago
Michael replied to Michael's discussion RL80C Won't Boot
"Thanks. Would a current model c-Series or e-Series MFD and compatible scanner force me to then upgrade the auto pilot and gps? If so, I'd probably just get a used C120 classic and compatible radome instead."
4 hours ago
Frederick C. Meyer replied to Frederick C. Meyer's discussion Proper rotary drive motor for EV 200 sail
"Thank you Bad Marc . I'm not familiar with electric motor nomenclature . Would I just walk into a hardware store and ask for a type 1 ?"
5 hours ago
Ken Rudzki replied to Ken Rudzki's discussion auto pilot pump check valve
"Actually replaced the pair of lines from the pump to the junction block for the manual system, followed purge directions a couple of times 24 hours apart. New lines were built from old dimensions. At this point no fluid leak, pressure not moving,…"
7 hours ago
Colby replied to Colby's discussion p70R software update
"This information should have been provided up front by RayMarine!  My purchase was from an internet dealer, HodgesMarine.  If I send it back, it will probably be to Raymarine under warranty!"
7 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Joe Roy's discussion CALCULATING DEPTH OFFSET
"You're welcome."
7 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Colby's discussion p70R software update
"Colby, The feature changes are listed within version history table of each product's software update web page.  I would recommend that anyone purchasing equipment for a system which did not include a compatible Raymarine MFD require that…"
7 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Philippe Hevesy 's discussion e125 AIS Problems
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Philippe, Please attach the Diagnostics...html file created by the Data Master MFD (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->DIAGNOSTICS->SELECT DEVICE->E127->SAVE THIS DATA) to this discussion for…"
7 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Ed's discussion AIS650 Installation - Unit only operates in Silent Mode
"Ed, My prior response recommended that the ProAIS2 software be used and included a link to that software."
7 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Charles Buzzetti's discussion Adding Auto Pilot to C80 Classic
"You're welcome."
7 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Larry Carlsen's discussion Replacing old Pathfinder radar with a new Raymarine digital RD418D on 2006 SeaRay 320
"Larry, Should the layout permit, the old radar cable would typically be married to the new radar cable and then the old radar cable would then be used to pull the new radar cable though.  You may want to check with the boat builder to determine…"
7 hours ago
Colby replied to Colby's discussion p70R software update
"The software version shows as 2.12.  I guess it would be good to know what was changed with the updated software versions."
7 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to stacey lewis's discussion adding fluxgate compass to rl70crc hsb2.
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Stacey, It is not possible to directly interface analog transducers (except for the analog radar scanner) to a hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Radar Display.   Should you desire to use the display's…"
8 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to David's discussion Autopilot for Mercury Big Tiller
"You can contact our product support team at our Raymarine 800# - 800.539.5539 to be able to talk with a Product Support over the phone."
8 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Ken Rudzki's discussion auto pilot pump check valve
"Did you calibrate the system after changing the hydraulic line?  Did the hydraulic line change in length?"
8 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service