I have a DSM300 connected to an E120 mfd (classic) thru a Seatalk HS router. On power-up of the dsm the following occurs:

Redlight

Immediately followed by amber light

Then 2 amber flashes

Then 8 amber flashes

meanwhile, at the router the right LED is steady while the left flashes - until they both go dark. When they do, the error 'DSM Connection Lost' displays for a few seconds until the process starts over.

It seems like a connection is made, but not maintained. I have tried diffent ports in the router but the behavior is the same.

Can anyone help me determine the cause?

thanks

joe

Tags: dsm300, e120

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Joe,

This subject was previously addressed in forum discussion Loss of connection - no data.  Should you have addressed each of the items called out within the Moderator's response (including attachment), then it is recommended that the DSM be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

I upgraded the dsm to v4.20 and the bootloader to 5.18. The mfd is using v5.52

After upgrading, the error codes have changed ... the device now does the following:

2 amber blinks

1 long red

1 long amber

mfd shows 'DSM Connection Lost'

then after a pause the process starts over

I am reading 12.45v, all connections are tight, I replaced the connection at the breaker.

thanks

joe

Thanks for the follow-up information Joe,

Click here to view the Forum discussion which had previously addressed this subject.  Should you have addressed all of the installation items and tightened the socket nuts as specified within the referenced discussion, then it is recommended that the DSM be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Chris Miller replied to Chris Miller's discussion radar not working
"Trying to get the status of my repair? Been plying phone tag with a Linda"
2 hours ago
Michael Losito replied to Michael Losito's discussion A78 MFD Not panning
"Thanks for the info.  I'll give it a try"
2 hours ago
neil m scott replied to neil m scott's discussion Switching off "sonar unavailable" alarm and screen notifications
"My apologies for the really delayed response, but this is the first time I have noted your comments to my original question.  The alarm sounds on the L760 display, even though it's in repeater mode. The error is something like "sonar…"
2 hours ago
Mike Newbury replied to Mike Newbury's discussion e7
"I have sent the e7 to your repair facility. It arrived today. MIke"
2 hours ago
Bruce Hoglund replied to Richard T Azar's discussion AIS Transceiver In Silent Mode
"Hi Rich, I too have this problem, however before I upgraded my C120W software from V2.20 to C2.35 to fix it's Silent Mode's inability to turn OFF (broadcast AIS) on my recently installed Raymarine AIS650. Once V2.35 was installed in the…"
3 hours ago
Tom Dignam replied to Ray Dunn's discussion Man overboard protocol for evolution autopilots?
"I am interested in this circle function. Does not disable the AP, but does mark the center of a circle. This might help in keeping a MOB in sight and the boat in proximate position to assist in recovery. I would be most interested in other comments…"
3 hours ago
marc z replied to marc z's discussion Inconsistent Transducer Detection; Inconsistent wind data available.
"This is now approximately one year after I first began trying to fix this problem. in the meantime the wind pod was replaced at spring launch of the boat and it appeared that the wind direction data was being obtained.  About one month…"
7 hours ago
Larry Hemmerich replied to Larry Hemmerich's discussion AutoPilot BANGS
"i finslly got to make the measuements...all seems to OK RED TO GREEN 5K...red to blue and green to blue bothe around 2.8 K Sittil at dock all other electronics OFF IN AUTO..it moves back and forth but more eratic"
7 hours ago
John McLellan replied to John McLellan's discussion P79 transducer
"Thanks Verified all of the above with the exception of testing another transducer as I do not have access to one.  However as soon as I am in water >35 feet it works perfectly from 5knts right through to 23 knts.  As soon as I enter…"
7 hours ago
David w lyman posted a status
"Having issue with my new dragonfly 5.7. Unit froze up. I did a system reset now unit won't read navionics gps card. Any ideas?"
7 hours ago
Ren Rodee replied to Ren Rodee's discussion Wiring Configuration for Raymarine M95435 Listening / Hailing horn
"Thank you"
8 hours ago
Ray DeLeo replied to Michael Williamson's discussion ST60+ Compass - blank screen
"Thanks, I'll give that a try. "
8 hours ago
Brian Meyers replied to Kim Dingwall's discussion Ray260 VHF
"Yes - Can't just plug and play the 260  Brian, As the Ray260 does not feature a SeaTalk communications port.  It features SeaTalkng and NMEA 0183 communications ports.  Should your Ray240 have been interfaced via SeaTalk…"
8 hours ago
Ray DeLeo replied to Michael Williamson's discussion ST60+ Compass - blank screen
"I have experienced the same problem but it hasn't happened lately although now I can no longer switch to magnetic heading only true. sorry but I don't have the solution"
8 hours ago
Bradley Washburn replied to Kim Dingwall's discussion Ray260 VHF
"Have you ever got an answer to your question? I'm trying to replace 240 with 260. I've tried to pull old wire to replace, but I've had no luck. Can I solder new ends on old wires? "
8 hours ago
robert Kosheff replied to robert Kosheff's discussion Depth at speed
"Thanks for you response. Although I have only had this unit For less than a week, I lose the depth reading at any speed over 8 kts. Yesterday however I got good depth reading at all speeds in all functions. This lasted about 10 minutes and then…"
11 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service