I have a DSM300 connected to an E120 mfd (classic) thru a Seatalk HS router. On power-up of the dsm the following occurs:

Redlight

Immediately followed by amber light

Then 2 amber flashes

Then 8 amber flashes

meanwhile, at the router the right LED is steady while the left flashes - until they both go dark. When they do, the error 'DSM Connection Lost' displays for a few seconds until the process starts over.

It seems like a connection is made, but not maintained. I have tried diffent ports in the router but the behavior is the same.

Can anyone help me determine the cause?

thanks

joe

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Joe,

This subject was previously addressed in forum discussion Loss of connection - no data.  Should you have addressed each of the items called out within the Moderator's response (including attachment), then it is recommended that the DSM be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

I upgraded the dsm to v4.20 and the bootloader to 5.18. The mfd is using v5.52

After upgrading, the error codes have changed ... the device now does the following:

2 amber blinks

1 long red

1 long amber

mfd shows 'DSM Connection Lost'

then after a pause the process starts over

I am reading 12.45v, all connections are tight, I replaced the connection at the breaker.

thanks

joe

Thanks for the follow-up information Joe,

Click here to view the Forum discussion which had previously addressed this subject.  Should you have addressed all of the installation items and tightened the socket nuts as specified within the referenced discussion, then it is recommended that the DSM be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Gary Boyco replied to David Knecht's discussion Wind shift indication with TackTick wind sensor
7 minutes ago
Marvin Williford posted a status
"I recently bought a Ray 55 that had been factory refurbished. I can transmit but have no reception."
56 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Warren Young's discussion Transducer selection problems on DSM300
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Warren, Please note that the DSM300 has neither been designed nor tested for use with the SS264 pair and correspondingly it cannot be definitively specified whether this transducer will function with your…"
1 hour ago
Chris Castle updated their profile
1 hour ago
DaveL replied to DaveL's discussion Adding AIS650 to existing C80 system
"OK, just trying to be lazy!"
2 hours ago
jim owens replied to jim owens's discussion cp370 and tm 260 transducer
"yes and yes,  "
2 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to GregM's discussion a98 MFD
"You're welcome."
2 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to dabood's discussion A78 transducer connections
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Dabood, Q1) Can I connect my DSM 300 to my A78? And would I have to remove (1) of the transducers I have now? Also if I remove (unplug) the side scan can I plug the DSM 300 into it? If I can what…"
2 hours ago
Todd Nunnally replied to Todd Nunnally's discussion A60 multifunction display-no gps
"Ok, thanks So where do i get the plug for the nmea0183 outlet on my a60 unit? Is there a special number for it and can I buy it at any marine electronics store?"
2 hours ago
Mitch Thurman replied to Mitch Thurman's discussion E90W Split Screen
"OK when I get back to the boat ill take a pic.. . It's the number for the depth your in,  not showing. Like if your in 5-20 feet of water the chart mode will show you what depth your at whether its 5 ,7 , 12 feet it will show that range on…"
2 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to jim owens's discussion cp370 and tm 260 transducer
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Jim, Within the Fishfinder application, did you configure the application to use either the CP370's 200kHz or 50kHz frequency?  Within the Fishfinder application's Transducer settings, did you…"
2 hours ago
Randy Lawson replied to Randy Lawson's discussion Raymarine E7D Chartplotter
"OK. The boat is hooked up to shore power, batteries full.  We are waiting for a buddy boat which is being repowered, so we're stuck on a dock. I checked the voltage at the plug on at least 6 different occasions over a 36 hour period. I…"
2 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Randy Lawson's discussion Raymarine E7D Chartplotter
"Randy, Thanks.  The the circuit is not being supplied from a regulated power supply.  It is recommended that the vessel's batteries be fully charged, that that MFD then be tested again while connected to shore power.  Should the…"
2 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Michael Menshek's discussion DSM250 and a P66
"Welcome to the Rayamrine Technical Forum Michael, The E66054 version of the P66 transducer may indeed be used with any of the following sounder modules: DSM250 DSM30 DSM300 CP300 CP370 "
2 hours ago
Randy Lawson replied to Randy Lawson's discussion Raymarine E7D Chartplotter
"12.9 to 13.4 volts, nothing limits amperage except the breaker in the panel, panel runs off battery bank. The inline fuse is good, was not blown or did not blow with chartplotter powered up. "
2 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Todd Nunnally's discussion A60 multifunction display-no gps
"Todd, The FIND SHIP feature is designed to only be accessible when the display is receiving a GPS position FIX from an interfaced sensor.  In your case, you have a fault GPS sensor and/or damaged GPS port.  The workaround provided within…"
2 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service