I have a DSM300 connected to an E120 mfd (classic) thru a Seatalk HS router. On power-up of the dsm the following occurs:

Redlight

Immediately followed by amber light

Then 2 amber flashes

Then 8 amber flashes

meanwhile, at the router the right LED is steady while the left flashes - until they both go dark. When they do, the error 'DSM Connection Lost' displays for a few seconds until the process starts over.

It seems like a connection is made, but not maintained. I have tried diffent ports in the router but the behavior is the same.

Can anyone help me determine the cause?

thanks

joe

Tags: dsm300, e120

Views: 158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Joe,

This subject was previously addressed in forum discussion Loss of connection - no data.  Should you have addressed each of the items called out within the Moderator's response (including attachment), then it is recommended that the DSM be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

I upgraded the dsm to v4.20 and the bootloader to 5.18. The mfd is using v5.52

After upgrading, the error codes have changed ... the device now does the following:

2 amber blinks

1 long red

1 long amber

mfd shows 'DSM Connection Lost'

then after a pause the process starts over

I am reading 12.45v, all connections are tight, I replaced the connection at the breaker.

thanks

joe

Thanks for the follow-up information Joe,

Click here to view the Forum discussion which had previously addressed this subject.  Should you have addressed all of the installation items and tightened the socket nuts as specified within the referenced discussion, then it is recommended that the DSM be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

john bailey replied to john bailey's discussion e120 classic plotter
"Sorry just like to add, that when I power up the plotter I see the heading and tidal vectors, but then they vanish. Likewise if the plotter is on and I plug in the seatalk cable into the seatalk/alarm out socket, the heading and tidal vectors appear…"
1 minute ago
Tomas Själander updated their profile
1 hour ago
Jack R Wilken posted a status
"I have a SPX-5 Autopilot tiller drive unit & i60. The SPX-5 wants Sea Talk 1 wind direction info & the i60 is Sea Talk NG. Any suggestions?"
8 hours ago
TJ replied to Bill Fernandez's discussion C70 with scanner weirdness
"If you don't have a dedicated groundplane then connect it with the negative going to the ground for the battery."
9 hours ago
mike hoyt replied to Crockers Boat Yard's discussion i 50 questions
"Same with mine. brand new. Just installed. Want raymarine to come on board with this discussion Yesterday worked well for  few hours after leaving dock with battery freshly charged.  Then started its game. Wondering if could be…"
9 hours ago
Bill Fernandez replied to Bill Fernandez's discussion C70 with scanner weirdness
"Thanks tj, I will upgrade the wire to 10 awg.  Also, there is a third wire from the c70 power connector.  I have the red and black for power but the 3rd wire is not connected.  Where should that be connected and would that cause this…"
10 hours ago
Steve Dudka replied to Chas McKeown's discussion MMSI: Change or add a second
"The Ray240 does not have a DSC button or a function button.  There is a Menu and 16/9. Is there an alternate procedure for the Ray240?"
10 hours ago
TJ replied to Bill Fernandez's discussion C70 with scanner weirdness
"Under voltage can absolutely cause it. I'd expect a 10ga pair to be sufficient to extend a factory cable to the distribution panel."
10 hours ago
Patrick Shanafelt and Ric Murray are now friends
10 hours ago
Bill Fernandez replied to Bill Fernandez's discussion C70 with scanner weirdness
"Also it doesn't matter if I am on shore power, engines running, engines off and direct connected to a battery.  Could the guage wire I am using cause this issue?  My power cable has a short run and I have attached 6' of extension…"
10 hours ago
"So I am back with the same issues as before.  I traced power and have a clean connection to the mfd both pos and neg.  The power from the mfd hits my terminal block, then heads right down to the bridge breaker, then right to the…"
10 hours ago
Peter Capobianco replied to Peter Capobianco's discussion AIS Reprogram
"After looking at the manual, it seems to me that the software can only be used to configure the original static data. I am trying to change the original static information: "Once static data has been programmed, you must not change it. If the…"
10 hours ago
Eric Mercer replied to Eric Mercer's discussion Dragon Fly loses bottom
"Anyone have any ideas?"
11 hours ago
Glenn McKibben replied to Glenn McKibben's discussion e7D with st-2000 tiller pilot
"In hooking up the NMEA signal lines in the ST1000 I noticed there is a Seatalk pin.  What is that used for in the ST 1000?"
13 hours ago
Tom Winegar replied to Tom Winegar's discussion ST50 wind Instument
"Update: I've confirmed that the transducer is working, the problem is with the instrument. So, is there an updated instrument that will work with this existing transducer that is mounted at top of my mast? "
15 hours ago
Peter Capobianco replied to Peter Capobianco's discussion AIS Reprogram
"I own AIS650. When I try to download the ProAIS2 software, I cannot open proAIS2.dmg using OSX. "Image not recognized". "
18 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service