I have a DSM300 connected to an E120 mfd (classic) thru a Seatalk HS router. On power-up of the dsm the following occurs:

Redlight

Immediately followed by amber light

Then 2 amber flashes

Then 8 amber flashes

meanwhile, at the router the right LED is steady while the left flashes - until they both go dark. When they do, the error 'DSM Connection Lost' displays for a few seconds until the process starts over.

It seems like a connection is made, but not maintained. I have tried diffent ports in the router but the behavior is the same.

Can anyone help me determine the cause?

thanks

joe

Tags: dsm300, e120

Views: 161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Joe,

This subject was previously addressed in forum discussion Loss of connection - no data.  Should you have addressed each of the items called out within the Moderator's response (including attachment), then it is recommended that the DSM be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

I upgraded the dsm to v4.20 and the bootloader to 5.18. The mfd is using v5.52

After upgrading, the error codes have changed ... the device now does the following:

2 amber blinks

1 long red

1 long amber

mfd shows 'DSM Connection Lost'

then after a pause the process starts over

I am reading 12.45v, all connections are tight, I replaced the connection at the breaker.

thanks

joe

Thanks for the follow-up information Joe,

Click here to view the Forum discussion which had previously addressed this subject.  Should you have addressed all of the installation items and tightened the socket nuts as specified within the referenced discussion, then it is recommended that the DSM be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Al Barreto updated their profile
13 minutes ago
Juan José Estrada replied to Juan José Estrada's discussion AUTOPILOT ST 8001. Drive unit
"Ok thanks for information. I will try search this quote whit some one. I am mazatlan México. Any dealer located here. Best regards."
32 minutes ago
martin raphael replied to steve krug's discussion AIS transponder not displaying targets
"If I may jump in here (not a Raymarine moderator), here are the instructions I received when I had problems with my AIS 650.  Note that there are two steps to the installation, which differ from the instructions at the download site. From my…"
54 minutes ago
Shaun replied to Shaun's discussion A70D Screen Flicker/Power Up when switching batteries
"I'm back here again with a similar but potentially more dangerous issue.  We took our first trip this year down to the lower Columbia where a chart is absolutely essential.  Other than the screen flicker the unit was frequently…"
1 hour ago
Albert fischer posted a status
"Want to replace old ST4000 wheel dr by new MK2 & keep old controller. Can the old ST400 power cord and socket used with the new MK2?"
1 hour ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Scott Anderson's discussion st5000
"The ST5000 is a control unit, where the Control head and course computer is all in one unit. You will only be able to replace with another ST5000, or upgrade to a complete package, with control head, EV-1, and ACU.  What is the model number of…"
1 hour ago
Seamus Hourihan replied to Seamus Hourihan's discussion Intermittant "NO DATA" alarms on "Auto" - ST5000 Plus SailPilot
"Here are voltage measurements from recent test:At battery - 12.47vAt circuit breaker - 12.36vAt autopilot display head in "standby" - 12.36v steadyAt autopilot display head in "auto" mode -12.29v most of the time…"
1 hour ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Ray Sample's discussion P70 compass spins
"Unfortunately if you have tested the compass and it is working, the issue will be within the X5 course computer and I would have to recommend that the course computer be sent to the below address to be evaluated by a service technician for…"
1 hour ago
Jeff Church replied to Jeff Church's discussion E70196
"Moderator???"
2 hours ago
Skip Gundlach replied to Skip Gundlach's discussion Turnaround time for a C120Classic repair
"It appears to be about 4 weeks, as that's how long it took! Not expensive on the fix, either - Thanks, techies!!"
2 hours ago
William Coohon replied to Hartley Gardner's discussion "Factory reset" on e95
"The step to press power is missing. Power down, remove chip. While holding the Back button, touch Power and keep holding the Back button. That brings up the reset options (let go). Then press WPT for the reset process to start."
3 hours ago
steve krug replied to steve krug's discussion AIS transponder not displaying targets
"Thanks, I downloaded and installed the update. The green light came on for a second, not the twenty seconds the download how-to said, then went to solid amber. Hopefully it just went really quick! Thanks for your help "
3 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to James Tardiff's discussion X-5R Problem
"What is displayed on the control head in the system?  Does the unit stay in AUTO when it stops?"
3 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Juan José Estrada's discussion AUTOPILOT ST 8001. Drive unit
"The image is a Tiller Drive, part Q047."
3 hours ago
Profile IconKenneth Kahn, Ret Talbot, Brendan and 21 more joined Raymarine Technical Forum
4 hours ago
James Tardiff posted discussions
4 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service