I have a DSM300 connected to an E120 mfd (classic) thru a Seatalk HS router. On power-up of the dsm the following occurs:

Redlight

Immediately followed by amber light

Then 2 amber flashes

Then 8 amber flashes

meanwhile, at the router the right LED is steady while the left flashes - until they both go dark. When they do, the error 'DSM Connection Lost' displays for a few seconds until the process starts over.

It seems like a connection is made, but not maintained. I have tried diffent ports in the router but the behavior is the same.

Can anyone help me determine the cause?

thanks

joe

Tags: dsm300, e120

Views: 171

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Joe,

This subject was previously addressed in forum discussion Loss of connection - no data.  Should you have addressed each of the items called out within the Moderator's response (including attachment), then it is recommended that the DSM be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

I upgraded the dsm to v4.20 and the bootloader to 5.18. The mfd is using v5.52

After upgrading, the error codes have changed ... the device now does the following:

2 amber blinks

1 long red

1 long amber

mfd shows 'DSM Connection Lost'

then after a pause the process starts over

I am reading 12.45v, all connections are tight, I replaced the connection at the breaker.

thanks

joe

Thanks for the follow-up information Joe,

Click here to view the Forum discussion which had previously addressed this subject.  Should you have addressed all of the installation items and tightened the socket nuts as specified within the referenced discussion, then it is recommended that the DSM be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Roy Buddle liked Eric West's photo
5 hours ago
Roy Buddle liked Eric West's photo
5 hours ago
Jon Vidar replied to Jon Vidar's discussion Upgrading to mix of old and modern equipment
"Ok, one last time, I hope :) This time I've attached a diagram of my system to make sure that I am connecting everything correctly. Please let me know if anything looks glaringly wrong or if there is a better way to connect everything. With…"
5 hours ago
Richard Valasquez replied to Terry L. Virkler's discussion no drive detected
"Thanks"
6 hours ago
Kyle Happel replied to Michael R Keller's discussion a65 MFD - Fusion MS-RA205
"I sure hope you are right, as simply connecting those two wires would be an easy fix! Interestingly, the Fusion manual says the 205 needs to connect to a N2K backbone with the unpowered cable, rather than the powered one that ships with the 205…"
6 hours ago
Frederick G Street replied to Michael R Keller's discussion a65 MFD - Fusion MS-RA205
"Keep in mind that I'm running a SeaTalkNG backbone, NOT NMEA2k; and the cable I was playing with is between the STNG backbone and the Fusion MS-RA205, NOT between the a Series and the backbone. I'm thinking that the CANBus transceivers in…"
6 hours ago
Frederick G Street replied to Michael R Keller's discussion a65 MFD - Fusion MS-RA205
"I did originally try to connect the spur-to-Devicenet cable (which I needed to cut to route) using just the white and blue data leads plus the shield wire; no luck.  After I added the red and black power leads, things worked.  Give it a…"
6 hours ago
Kyle Happel replied to Michael R Keller's discussion a65 MFD - Fusion MS-RA205
"Fred, glad to hear of your success.  I have been pre-occupied with another project and have not had time to get to my a68 / RA205 situation.  One question I would like to ask of the moderator (or you may know the answer!) is whether or not…"
7 hours ago
MARC R updated their profile
7 hours ago
Tim Pratzer replied to Tim Pratzer's discussion DSM 300 Firmware update problem
"Thanks.  I actually have another P79 transducer wired to an ST60 Depth gauge on my boat.  it is only one frequency, but I "may" be able to try it with the DSM300 to see if it's the transducer."
7 hours ago
"I got the software on my a75 updated over the weekend (latest Lighthouse II release v14) and connected up the Fusion MS-RA205 to the STNG network.  The a75 recognized the Fusion, and controlled it just fine! The only thing I couldn't get…"
8 hours ago
Jerry Fedele replied to Jerry Fedele's discussion DragonFly - no sonar plot in shallow water
"Thanks for the quick reply. To be clear I have two different .gpx files one created in Feb 2015 and one in May. The one in May that has my most recent waypoints and tracks is the one giving me the issue. I have attached the file as requested. If you…"
9 hours ago
Bob Johnston replied to Bob Johnston's discussion EV-200 failed seatrial calibration
"Thanks Underway.  I'll try it again at a higher speed and see if I still get that message.  I was barely over 5 knots when I tried it. Otherwise the EV-200 got a good workout in the ocean last Saturday.  To most closely replicate…"
9 hours ago
Skyking replied to Skyking's discussion Dumb question
"Thanks. It works great. "
10 hours ago
william reece tunnell replied to william reece tunnell's discussion stil same issues
"the first one i sent back had this software you speak of on it....did the same thing..."
10 hours ago
william reece tunnell replied to william reece tunnell's discussion stil same issues
"done sent it back...sorry"
11 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service