I have a DSM300 connected to an E120 mfd (classic) thru a Seatalk HS router. On power-up of the dsm the following occurs:

Redlight

Immediately followed by amber light

Then 2 amber flashes

Then 8 amber flashes

meanwhile, at the router the right LED is steady while the left flashes - until they both go dark. When they do, the error 'DSM Connection Lost' displays for a few seconds until the process starts over.

It seems like a connection is made, but not maintained. I have tried diffent ports in the router but the behavior is the same.

Can anyone help me determine the cause?

thanks

joe

Views: 172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Joe,

This subject was previously addressed in forum discussion Loss of connection - no data.  Should you have addressed each of the items called out within the Moderator's response (including attachment), then it is recommended that the DSM be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

I upgraded the dsm to v4.20 and the bootloader to 5.18. The mfd is using v5.52

After upgrading, the error codes have changed ... the device now does the following:

2 amber blinks

1 long red

1 long amber

mfd shows 'DSM Connection Lost'

then after a pause the process starts over

I am reading 12.45v, all connections are tight, I replaced the connection at the breaker.

thanks

joe

Thanks for the follow-up information Joe,

Click here to view the Forum discussion which had previously addressed this subject.  Should you have addressed all of the installation items and tightened the socket nuts as specified within the referenced discussion, then it is recommended that the DSM be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Peter Christis updated their profile
9 hours ago
John Pecora replied to John Pecora's discussion ST800/B120 SPEED DATA NOT RECEIVED
"Okay, that explains why I could not access the data source--I was thinking that the ST/STNG converter was a problem & preventing speed data display since I could not access the transducer set-up menu, but it appears my network is working as…"
9 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Greg Pfleger's discussion Disposal of old radar equipment
"Noted."
10 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Ken Peckham's discussion Classic C-80 and Digital RADAR compatibility question
"You're welcome."
10 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Bob Kurtz's discussion Problem connecting e125 video out to hdtv
"You're welcome."
10 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Glenn Morrison's discussion C90W and ACU-200 on SeaTalk NG - Two Power Sources Acceptable?
"Noted."
10 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Kenneth Watson's discussion Dragonfly 7 Slow Boot Time
"You're welcome."
10 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to John Pecora's discussion ST800/B120 SPEED DATA NOT RECEIVED
"John, The Multiple Data Sources (MDS) feature is intended to permit more than one instance of a NMEA 2000 data source to be interfaced to a new a/c/e/eS/gS-Series Data Master MFD, i70 Multifunction Instrument Display (MFID), or p70/p70R Autopilot…"
10 hours ago
Brian Tilley replied to Brian Tilley's discussion Tridata
"Good morning. I went back to the boat to try the test you described, and am perplexed by a new result.   When I take the speed/temp sensor out of the thru-hull, the instrument works sensing temp in a bucket of water and reading speed if I…"
11 hours ago
Heath Hooper updated their profile
15 hours ago
Bob Johnston replied to Bob Johnston's discussion EV-200 failed seatrial calibration
"Another update a month (and a couple sailboat races) later: It's reassuring to see that in the interim, several others have had similar experiences commissioning the EV-200.  Those of us who read manuals (vs. the commissioning summary in…"
22 hours ago
Jean Gauthier replied to Jean Gauthier's discussion SR50 SiriusXM interface
"Try the unzipped version Same fatal error Please advise as to the proper course of action"
yesterday
Chris Lambert replied to Chris Lambert's discussion Autohel 7000 - rudder angle referance is off
"Hello again, After solving rudder angle issue I now have a new problem: boat speed instrument shows zero speed... This problem started right after I changed DRIVE param as per my note above. Is there a param value which affects speed…"
yesterday
larry nanni replied to Adam's discussion Dragonfly 4dv
"thanks  anyways..the virtual view is just a extra that cost more and weather or not i needed it to hunt fish...  heres one  try u tube and type trying to add transducer to trolling motor? u just don't know..."
yesterday
Bob Kurtz replied to Bob Kurtz's discussion Problem connecting e125 video out to hdtv
"OK, thanks.  I did see that other thread earlier, but was hoping to get some more confirmation before trying the adapter.  Guess I'll give it a try."
yesterday
Glenn Morrison replied to Glenn Morrison's discussion C90W and ACU-200 on SeaTalk NG - Two Power Sources Acceptable?
"Bernie; Great information, makes perfect sense. Thanks!  Glenn "
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service