I have a DSM300 connected to an E120 mfd (classic) thru a Seatalk HS router. On power-up of the dsm the following occurs:

Redlight

Immediately followed by amber light

Then 2 amber flashes

Then 8 amber flashes

meanwhile, at the router the right LED is steady while the left flashes - until they both go dark. When they do, the error 'DSM Connection Lost' displays for a few seconds until the process starts over.

It seems like a connection is made, but not maintained. I have tried diffent ports in the router but the behavior is the same.

Can anyone help me determine the cause?

thanks

joe

Tags: dsm300, e120

Views: 164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Joe,

This subject was previously addressed in forum discussion Loss of connection - no data.  Should you have addressed each of the items called out within the Moderator's response (including attachment), then it is recommended that the DSM be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

I upgraded the dsm to v4.20 and the bootloader to 5.18. The mfd is using v5.52

After upgrading, the error codes have changed ... the device now does the following:

2 amber blinks

1 long red

1 long amber

mfd shows 'DSM Connection Lost'

then after a pause the process starts over

I am reading 12.45v, all connections are tight, I replaced the connection at the breaker.

thanks

joe

Thanks for the follow-up information Joe,

Click here to view the Forum discussion which had previously addressed this subject.  Should you have addressed all of the installation items and tightened the socket nuts as specified within the referenced discussion, then it is recommended that the DSM be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Mark Coleman replied to Mark Coleman 's discussion Rudder reference issues
"Ok I started the X10 with the rr in the centered position and it does show now on the network. I moved forward and did the full install of the rr. The issue I have now is when the rr reaches full hard over to either direction it alarms (on the st70)…"
7 hours ago
Mark Coleman liked Mark Coleman 's profile
7 hours ago
Jose Castro replied to Jose Castro's discussion Cannot see sources with e127
"..I gonna tried that and back to you... thanks you! I tough i50 is ready out of box to read SOG, from GPS and speed and temperature from sensor.. back to you tomorrow evening.. Thanks!"
9 hours ago
Lee Fossett replied to Lee Fossett's discussion Autopilot for 21 foot open fish with outboard
"HC 5345 is the model number.  I cannot find any other identification on it other than what is pictured.  It's factory installed by Wellcraft on this boat.  Does that help??  Picture is attached."
14 hours ago
Hector Silva Izquierdo posted a status
"I´ve new e7mfd, firts On , display show "warning limitation on use" I press "ok" but this warning is the same,display don´t change help pls"
15 hours ago
Ori replied to Ori's discussion auto pilot EV100 and old instruments
"I will do that , thank you"
17 hours ago
JOHN KOWALCZYK replied to Ed P's discussion connecting nmea0183 to sport pilot
"I have a Lowrance HDS 7 GEN 2 touch screen. I am looking to get the Raymarine autopilot EV 200 sport. What backbone would I use,the Raymarine or the Lowrance? Also I am hearing so many different opinions as to the compatibility issues as far as…"
18 hours ago
TJ replied to Ori's discussion auto pilot EV100 and old instruments
"Ori, let's make sure we are on the same page. Your saying the Deviation is 17. That's technically acceptable, but high in my opinion. I assume that you have gone for a boat ride and stayed within the speed parameters and at the end of that…"
19 hours ago
"I did and scroll down it shows 17 I couldn't change it, where I'm in the Long Island sound it's 14 the green light is still flushing, please advise "
21 hours ago
" "
21 hours ago
ArjanH replied to Rob Richardson's discussion e7 Navionics Freshest Data reminder
" I have the same issue om my e7 with software version 11.26. Is a fix available already ? Thanks."
yesterday
John Higgins updated their profile
yesterday
Chris White replied to Chris White's discussion Upgrade to Equipment
"Good afternoon Moderator Am I likely to need a SeaTalk NG Backbone Kit; or a SeaTalk NG Starter Kit to put all this together?? And exactly what is a backbone cable? Is my legacy Transducer with ST60 Tridata able to work with the c127/e127 fish…"
yesterday
Chris White updated their profile
yesterday
TJ replied to Ori's discussion auto pilot EV100 and old instruments
"You might want to look this over and use it as a guide. It may be the ticket! http://www.raymarine.eu/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=9871"
yesterday
Chris Waitkun replied to Scott Kreutzberg's discussion C120 Classic - Engine Data
"I too am looking to send available data to my c120. I have been looking around the web and have seen a lot of different methods to do so but with each discovery I get more confused. This is what I have come to understand. Yamaha, 2005 and newer…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service