I have a DSM300 connected to an E120 mfd (classic) thru a Seatalk HS router. On power-up of the dsm the following occurs:

Redlight

Immediately followed by amber light

Then 2 amber flashes

Then 8 amber flashes

meanwhile, at the router the right LED is steady while the left flashes - until they both go dark. When they do, the error 'DSM Connection Lost' displays for a few seconds until the process starts over.

It seems like a connection is made, but not maintained. I have tried diffent ports in the router but the behavior is the same.

Can anyone help me determine the cause?

thanks

joe

Views: 222

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Joe,

This subject was previously addressed in forum discussion Loss of connection - no data.  Should you have addressed each of the items called out within the Moderator's response (including attachment), then it is recommended that the DSM be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

I upgraded the dsm to v4.20 and the bootloader to 5.18. The mfd is using v5.52

After upgrading, the error codes have changed ... the device now does the following:

2 amber blinks

1 long red

1 long amber

mfd shows 'DSM Connection Lost'

then after a pause the process starts over

I am reading 12.45v, all connections are tight, I replaced the connection at the breaker.

thanks

joe

Thanks for the follow-up information Joe,

Click here to view the Forum discussion which had previously addressed this subject.  Should you have addressed all of the installation items and tightened the socket nuts as specified within the referenced discussion, then it is recommended that the DSM be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

• Add Photos

Latest Activity

Chuck Rich updated their profile
Feb 17
William Lakso updated their profile
Feb 16
Donald Evans commented on Donald Evans's album

NMEA cable

"These cables are available on ww.gps-galore.co.uk and ebay. Bought one myself. The connector is a slightly different shape on the outside but it fits perfectly."
Feb 8
Igor Stelli updated their profile
Feb 1
Gregor Popp updated their profile
Jan 30
Michael Carson replied to Will Ritch-Smith's discussion EV1 wheel jerking back and forth
"I am having the same problem and this is very frustrating. EV1 with ACU400 p70 and rudder position sensor.  Vessel is a 53' sailboat. Displacement is approx 55,000lbs. Steering system is a Whitlock Mamba and the drive unit is a Robertson…"
Jan 27
Rogelio Finoli replied to Andrew Sonis's discussion "no compass" alarm on ST70
"Hi, I´m having problems with, apparently; the compass. I did the tests you suggested and my readings were 6 and 6.1 instead of 4 ohms, and 9.6 or so instead of 8 ohms, all the rest open as you mentioned. May I assume that the compass is…"
Jan 22
Eric West updated their profile
Jan 15
Mark Chapman updated their profile
Jan 12
aaron sherman updated their profile
Jan 10
Craig T. Olsen updated their profile
Dec 31, 2017
David Lane replied to Tiago Menezes's discussion Night mode
"Good day and happy new year to this forum group.   Question: When can we expect Raymarine to ad a night color palette to its line of MFDs?  It’s been talked about in this forum for at least 3 years.   I am 100% satisfied with…"
Dec 31, 2017
Bob Atkins replied to Bob Atkins's discussion Current C-MAP NT+ and NT chart chips do NOT work properly on RL70C
"Hi Thomas, Please read the moderator's instructions on April 8, 2013 and my posting on October 31, 2013 on page 1 of this discussion. The issue has to do with the Plotter Mode setting. The Plotter Mode must be OFF for all…"
Dec 30, 2017
THOMAS A RICH replied to Bob Atkins's discussion Current C-MAP NT+ and NT chart chips do NOT work properly on RL70C
"Good Morning, I also have a Rl80 with the old chip and has worked perfect without any updates except last month it performed exactly as you described.  The maps I have always used now say no Data.  I was going to buy a new chip, but not…"
Dec 30, 2017
Northlightinvest replied to Ben Campbell's discussion Wheelpilot Broken Part
"Dear raymarine team! Please, give information, that where can I order this part from Hungary. 3001-984-B Thanks!"
Dec 27, 2017
Russ Colombo left a comment for lee christiansen
"Lee: Guilty as charged, now gleeful denizen of Marco Island and still sailing.  How good of you to contact, and what news??? "
Dec 14, 2017

© 2018   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service