I have a DSM300 connected to an E120 mfd (classic) thru a Seatalk HS router. On power-up of the dsm the following occurs:

Redlight

Immediately followed by amber light

Then 2 amber flashes

Then 8 amber flashes

meanwhile, at the router the right LED is steady while the left flashes - until they both go dark. When they do, the error 'DSM Connection Lost' displays for a few seconds until the process starts over.

It seems like a connection is made, but not maintained. I have tried diffent ports in the router but the behavior is the same.

Can anyone help me determine the cause?

thanks

joe

Views: 204

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Joe,

This subject was previously addressed in forum discussion Loss of connection - no data.  Should you have addressed each of the items called out within the Moderator's response (including attachment), then it is recommended that the DSM be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

I upgraded the dsm to v4.20 and the bootloader to 5.18. The mfd is using v5.52

After upgrading, the error codes have changed ... the device now does the following:

2 amber blinks

1 long red

1 long amber

mfd shows 'DSM Connection Lost'

then after a pause the process starts over

I am reading 12.45v, all connections are tight, I replaced the connection at the breaker.

thanks

joe

Thanks for the follow-up information Joe,

Click here to view the Forum discussion which had previously addressed this subject.  Should you have addressed all of the installation items and tightened the socket nuts as specified within the referenced discussion, then it is recommended that the DSM be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Jeff Helmling updated their profile
Feb 18
Tony updated their profile
Feb 17
Michael Wilson updated their profile
Feb 14
David Jovanovic replied to John Gilchrist's discussion I 60 wind instrument troubleshooting
Feb 13
David Jovanovic replied to John Gilchrist's discussion I 60 wind instrument troubleshooting
"Some foto"
Feb 13
Tom Jelsing replied to Ken Peckham's discussion Classic C-80 and Digital RADAR compatibility question
"I have a complete Raymarine installation in my HR34 from 2004. To be able to receive AIS on the screen, I want to replace my current RL70CRC+ with a C80 plotter. My Pathfinder has model number M92650 (without -S) and serial number 1230747 (ie from…"
Feb 12
Tom Jelsing updated their profile
Feb 9
Andrew Addison left a comment for Bill Balaban
"jaa@bjss.com"
Feb 6
Andrew Addison left a comment for Bill Balaban
"That would be great. All I'm after is a wiring diagram for the control box if that would be easier to send"
Feb 6
Jeff Gardiner updated their profile
Feb 6
Greg gegner replied to Capt Stewbling's discussion Seatalk 1 to NMEA 2000
"Will my C90W be able to control 0183 autopilot?"
Feb 4
Andrew Mylander updated their profile
Jan 14
Randy Martin updated their profile
Jan 9
Marc Macot updated their profile
Jan 9
John T. Cox replied to Andre Chenier's discussion ST6002 vs ST6000+
"I have the inverse situation.  I have a ST6002 with an S2G course computer,  and I found an ST5000+ head unit in the back room that I'd like to use for a second station by connecting via seatalk.   Is that possible?   Thanks…"
Jan 6
Richard H Wheeler liked jeff hesse's discussion S1000 autopilot
Dec 3, 2016

© 2017   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service