I have a DSM300 connected to an E120 mfd (classic) thru a Seatalk HS router. On power-up of the dsm the following occurs:

Immediately followed by amber light

Then 2 amber flashes

Then 8 amber flashes

meanwhile, at the router the right LED is steady while the left flashes - until they both go dark. When they do, the error 'DSM Connection Lost' displays for a few seconds until the process starts over.

It seems like a connection is made, but not maintained. I have tried diffent ports in the router but the behavior is the same.

Can anyone help me determine the cause?

Views: 195

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Joe,

This subject was previously addressed in forum discussion Loss of connection - no data.  Should you have addressed each of the items called out within the Moderator's response (including attachment), then it is recommended that the DSM be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

I upgraded the dsm to v4.20 and the bootloader to 5.18. The mfd is using v5.52

After upgrading, the error codes have changed ... the device now does the following:

2 amber blinks

1 long red

1 long amber

mfd shows 'DSM Connection Lost'

then after a pause the process starts over

I am reading 12.45v, all connections are tight, I replaced the connection at the breaker.

Thanks for the follow-up information Joe,

Click here to view the Forum discussion which had previously addressed this subject.  Should you have addressed all of the installation items and tightened the socket nuts as specified within the referenced discussion, then it is recommended that the DSM be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Reply to Discussion

• Add Videos

• Add Photos

Latest Activity

No Name updated their profile
21 hours ago
Joe Shabbott liked Moderator - Raymarine, US's discussion Interfacing a Raystar 130 GPS Sensor to an E-Series Widescreen MFD (E90W, E120W, E140W)
Michael replied to Moderator - Raymarine, US's discussion SeaTalkng Communications Protocol
"Hi, these are good docs on the phys network, but there doesn't appear to be any protocol info in these docs. is there any doc on the sentences? Or is STNG the same sentences as NMEA2000 sentences?  thx"
Oct 22
Richard Anderson updated their profile
Oct 3
Mark noe updated their profile
Sep 12
Phil Niles updated their profile
Sep 12
Kenneth Bryce left a comment for Kenneth Bryce
"Hi I have 2 /C97 units. I am purchasing a Quantum raydar. At present my two c97 are linked via one cable, raynet.My depth transducer is conected to unit A. I would like to be able to use both A and B units independently .With the Wifi on Qantam ,…"
Sep 7
roger goodman updated their profile
Sep 5
W. Cary Letien updated their profile
Aug 30
Keith Davis updated their profile
Aug 30
William G Thomson updated their profile
Aug 29
German Delfino updated their profile
Aug 23
robert charles updated their profile
Aug 15
John W Graham and Franci Separovic are now friends
Aug 14
William G Thomson liked Danny Engle's discussion DSM 300 "DSM Connection Lost"
Aug 12
David Vacanti left a comment for Sean E Anderson
"I had major problems with losing DSM 300 depth data on my E120 Classic display. I finally gave up on the system and have converted to the new CP370 Depth Sounder that is an all new design. The new unit is rock solid and has excellent performance.…"
Aug 10

© 2016   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service