I was wondering if you could assist me with my DSM issues I have had for over a year now since I bought my Grady White. I have a networked E120 MFD and the DSM has been giving me fits. I most recently rewired it using all 12ga wire and soldered connections to a new battery. I am still getting the DSM connection lost errors and the screen freezing. I have an inline 10a switch and even using that to reboot the DSM it goes right back to locking up. It will recover on its own sometimes but once it starts acting up on a trip then its all downhill from there. This seems to happen later in a trip so I wonder if its heat related. I never turn the engines off so voltage of the battery or current should not be an issue. I don't think I have a bad cable or it would be doing it early in the trip as well. I also wonder if I have one of the units that had the solder joint issues. The last tech I spoke with wanted me to send it in to Raymarine but I run charters and want to make sure I have exhausted all other options before taking my boat down to send this unit in. I also am running the most up to date software on both the MFD and the DSM. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Also, can you tell me the serial number range that had the solder joint issues? Thanks. 

Tags: DSM, DSM300

Views: 1151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Joe,

We're sorry to learn of the problem reported with your system.  This subject was previously addressed in forum discussion Loss of connection - no data.  Should you have addressed each of the items called out within the Moderator's response (including attachment), then it is recommended that the DSM be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

Thanks, but I did do the search and performed all those tests and checks. I was looking to see if I could find the serial numbers I inquired about. I cannot find that list anywhere on this forum or otherwise on the Internet.
I had DSM errors on my unit anytime the system voltage dropped below a certain level. Adding power by either cranking engines or switching to fresh batteries would always solve it immediately.

Danny,

There was not systemic issue regarding solder joints with the DSMs and as such no serial number range can be provided.  Should you have addressed all of the items addressed within the Loss of connection - no data discussion, then the DSM should be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench tested/serviced. 

Danny Engle said:

I performed all those tests and checks. I was looking to see if I could find the serial numbers I inquired about. I cannot find that list anywhere on this forum or otherwise on the Internet.

Good comment Thom,

As addressed within the Loss of connection - no data discussion, the DSM30/300 can place a significant load on the vessel's batteries.  Should there be any concerns that a problem is being caused by insufficient power, then we will recommend that customers attempt to duplicate the problem while connected to shore power after having fully charged the batteries.  Should the problem not occur while connected to shore power, then it would typically indicate that the issue is being caused by insufficient power.

Thom Guyton said:

I had DSM errors on my unit anytime the system voltage dropped below a certain level. Adding power by either cranking engines or switching to fresh batteries would always solve it immediately.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Lawrence F Pullano replied to Lawrence F Pullano's discussion ST6001 rudder sensor replacement
"Follow up question. Before I replace the linear sensor with the smart stick, I would like to no my options for an upgrade. The error message I am getting is no data, rudder reference. some times it's just no rudder ref, other times its…"
1 hour ago
Dave Lockhart replied to Dave Lockhart's discussion Lighthouse chart
"So, I tried to load V9.45 and got similar results so I have to take a look at my process to eliminate the problem.  I had a friend download the update with his computer and card reader and it flew right in the mfd and works perfect so either my…"
1 hour ago
Robbie Hobbs replied to Robbie Hobbs's discussion E140-W x2
"Also do you know what extension cable I need to extend the transducer cable approx. 6' ? This is the T/D connection in the sounder"
2 hours ago
"I see the adapter cable in 3 lengths 1,3, and 10 meter  RayNet (F) to RJ45 (M) Port   The problem is that the RJ45 end that goes into the displays does not have a watertite locking connector on the end and the "
4 hours ago
"Hello Again, I got all the items you mentioned before, However from the HS5 Raynet switch to the back of the MFD's I cannot seem to figure what patch cable goes between. The displays have an ethernet connector and as you know the HS5 switch has…"
4 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Joe's discussion gS MFD Software Update
"Joe, I'm glad to learn that the problem has been resolved.  "
8 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Glenn Macdonald's discussion Alarm I can't shut off
"You're welcome."
8 hours ago
Glenn Macdonald replied to Glenn Macdonald's discussion Alarm I can't shut off
"thanks, that's what the problem was "
19 hours ago
Joe replied to Joe's discussion gS MFD Software Update
"This morning I went to our boat and did another System Settings Reset, with the same result as before.  Then I tried again, but this time I did not do a Restore Settings from my SD memory card and instead reset the various system settings…"
yesterday
Dave Copeland replied to Dave Copeland's discussion E127 and ST6001
"Sorry for the question, I went back into the old manual and found the term "depth offset" and then searched for that in the new manual.  Thanks again."
yesterday
Kevin McIntosh replied to Kevin McIntosh's discussion Configuration capture matrix and s/w locking of Configuration feature request for 'e' Series MFDs
"Moderator ... just a couple of points of clarification please ... further to my s/w version / update inquiry above ... per 'Updating the a, c, e or gS Series MFD Software' and Chapter 6.19 of the User Manual (both v11…"
yesterday
Kevin McIntosh replied to Kevin McIntosh's discussion Software Update listings for HD424HD & RS130 GPS
"Moderator ... just a point of clarification please ... further to my s/w update inquiry above, I note the i70 Display has two different s/w packages for e Series MFDs ... from: http://www.raymarine.com/view/?id=3813 there is v6…"
yesterday
Derick Sindell replied to Derick Sindell's discussion RL70C - Scanner not responding
"18 inch radome and I have 12 volts at the plug at the radome"
yesterday
Bajabum replied to Bajabum's discussion A80229 Radar Cable Bad?
"Thanks. I suspect the damaged area is right at the Raynet connector. I'll probably install an RJ45 then use an RJ45 to Raynet adapter cable."
yesterday
Somers replied to Somers's discussion e-series engine alarm - water in fuel
"Hello, Sorry for the delay - here is the associated file once again. As a point of clarity, I think the command line to get this file should be> powering ON all equipment, including the engines performing the following command on the data master…"
yesterday
Craig Davis replied to Craig Davis's discussion AIS Silent mode must be turned off from MFD
"I tested the AIS Silent mode switch with the MFD off and there are two situations that I checked. 1. With the MFD and AIS active, I switched the AIS to Silent using the added switch. It switched to Silent mode as indicated by the blue status LED on…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service