I have a new Dragonfly  model E7008 which I just installed on a small Keywest 176

I  loose bottom lock at speeds above 5 mph. I have tried several different locations for the transducer. I setup an arrangement using a 1x3 by 4ft extension which allows me to move the transducer without drilling new holes each time. I even tried clamping it on the side , well away from the motor etc. That didn't help, same results.

Ant thoughts would be appreciated.

Fred   Lighthouse Point, Fl.

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Fred,

Please add some digital photos to the discussion showing

• the transom of the vessel,
  • underside of the hull (looking forward from the transom, and
  • a side profile of the transducer mounted on the transom.

It is very difficult to take the pictures you have requested since the boat is in the water. I have never had this issue before with either thru hull or transom mounted transducers, is there something that that makes this xducer very sensitive ? What should I look for?

As I stated I can easily move the transducer since it is on a temporary mounting arrangement. I notice there is a fair amount of slop in the  transducer mounting bracket, could that be causing the problem?

Fred

Fred,

The mount of the Dragronfly/CP100 transom mounted transducers features lash ... this is normal, and will permit the trailing end of the transducer to have as much as 1/2" of vertical play.  When operating in CHIRP mode, bottom should be maintained to well over 30 kts.  However, DownVision is a slow speed feature and you should not expect it function at speeds much greater than you have indicated.  Many have reported that the system functions best with the transducer's leading edge approximately one half of its thickness below the hull and its trailing edge angled slight downward.

Other than the guidelines provided above, it would be necessary to see some photos to make any further recommendations.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Frank Thalhauser replied to P's discussion No rudder reference displayed
"Kyle, I seem to recall that when I first tried changing the pilot type, I did not press and hold (for 2 seconds) the standby button as required to exit and save the change. Fortunately, the guy I had on the phone caught my error, and the second time…"
13 hours ago
Kyle replied to P's discussion No rudder reference displayed
"Thanks for the feedback Frank.  I finally contacted Tech support Friday while at the helm.  First person was not able to help and basically told me system is out of date and probably not repairable but didn't have one in front of them…"
yesterday
Russell Herbert replied to Dave's discussion C80 and WiFi
"I have a C90W I am replacing it with a c127. Wiring is easy except the NMEA is a little confusing. The C90W has 10 or more wires and the c127 only 6. Assuming they wire to the VHF and maybe another. I see 4 white wires going into a 2"x3"…"
yesterday
Stephen L Jones updated their profile
Saturday
Joel Hjelseth replied to Joel Hjelseth's discussion Raymarine Dragonfly 7 malfunction
"Sounds even worse than mine. Suggest you do as they suggest and take it to an approved Raymarine dealer."
Jun 14
Doug Stevens replied to Joel Hjelseth's discussion Raymarine Dragonfly 7 malfunction
"Thanks for your reply. Mine kicks off at 6 mph. I have moved it to three different places and same results."
Jun 14
Joel Hjelseth replied to Joel Hjelseth's discussion Raymarine Dragonfly 7 malfunction
"No. Still broke. Have not sent it to be checked by RayMarine. The only other possibility is that I have the transducer mounted on the left side of the propeller rather than the right side as recommended."
Jun 14
Doug Stevens replied to Joel Hjelseth's discussion Raymarine Dragonfly 7 malfunction
"Mine is doing the same thing.  Did you get this fixed? If so, what did you do? Thank you for your help."
Jun 14
Andy Barbasch updated their profile
Jun 13
Tom Aydelotte replied to John Pecora's discussion DSM300 Made in Mexico
"Just learned of this replacement program. Several years ago I spent multiple hours trying to figure out my DSM300 inconsistencies... is there any program still available to solve this issue?"
Jun 11
Bernie liked Mark Leavitt's discussion Lighthouse Charts
Jun 7
Bernie updated their profile
Jun 7
Istvan bindisch liked Mark Leavitt's discussion Lighthouse Charts
Jun 6
Fred Collins updated their profile
Jun 6
Frank Thalhauser replied to P's discussion No rudder reference displayed
"Hi Kyle, I suggest you call into Tech support while at your helm and have the tech talk you through the sequence that I tried to explain in my post. I don't totally recall all the steps, but I do remember that it was quite easy and ended…"
Jun 5
Brad Martinsen replied to Brian Stinson's discussion i60 Wind Indicator.
"Sure would be nice to have a choice of using SOG or STW. Like I had on my old NAVman Wind that i just replaced with an I60. Hardly use STW were i am."
Jun 4

© 2017   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service