C-120 Classic integration with EV-200 Sport Autopilot

Hello - -

I currently am running the C-120 classic display with 125 gps, radar, and dsm300. I just purchased the EV-200 Sport with type 1 hydraulic pump. I reviewed the instructions on the EV-200 and am concerned on the compatibility of the two units.

Is there a diagram for wiring these two together or will I need to run these separate?

Please advise on the best approach for this project.

Thanks.

Views: 569

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Chad,

The C120 Classic and the EV-200 are definitely compatible. You however must integrate them together via a SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkNg converter kit. (Raymarine Part Number# E22158)

Thank you. Is there a wiring schematic for this complete type of installation?

Hi Chad,

Unfortunately, there isn't a wiring diagram available for this specific installation; however the gist of installation is to bring the C120 Classic into the Yellow port on the SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkNg converter block that is physically wired within the SeaTalkNg backbone of the EV-200 system.

OK, will I still connect the RS125 GPS, radar, and dsm300 direct to the C-120 and then connect the C-120 Classic to the SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkNg converter?

Hi Chad,

There is no change for the radar and the dsm connection directly to the back of the C120. The RS125 GPS antenna presently joins together with the SeaTalk cable off the back of the C120 either as a splice or within a junction box. It is at that splice or junction box to which you will run a cable from there to the yellow port on the SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkNg converter block.

currently the RS125 goes directly to the back of the C120, there is no junction or splice. Will i want to run the RS125 direct to the yellow port on the converter block and if I do that, will the C120 read it from there if I have the C120 also connected in the same fashion, to the yellow port on an additional SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkNg converter?

Chad, there has to be a splice or junction box somewhere. The RS125 antenna / cable was not designed to plug directly into the back of the C120. If you cannot locate the splice or junction box, then you must create one and install as previously discussed. 

OK, you are right, I did find a splice. With that being said, do I still keep the RS125 running direct to the back of the C120 after the splice and also to the SeaTalk converter OR do I just run to the converter?

Keep the connections as they are and at that splice or junction box connect a cable from there to the yellow port on the SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkNg converter block.

The cable that comes with the SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkNg converter block will have a yellow connector on one end (plugs into the yellow socket on the converter) and the other end will have a three prong plug of which you can cut off, strip the insulation back to reveal three wires. (Red, Yellow & Shield) Within the splice or junction box, connect the wires color for color.

Thanks so much for your help!

A couple more questions, I know that the backbone will have power from the ACU-200 but will I still keep the power line connected to the C-120. I imagine that will still need its own power? Finally, do I need things plugged into the backbone in any specific sequence?

I am installing this on a 23ft SeaSwirl with a single 200hp outboard, do I connect the rudder reference? My unit came with the rotary rudder reference, if so, would I use this or would I need to get the linear reference guide? The boat has hydraulic steering.

Thanks again.

Q1) I know that the backbone will have power from the ACU-200 but will I still keep the power line connected to the C-120. I imagine that will still need its own power?

A1) Yes, the C120 needs to have it's power cable attached.

Q2) do I need things plugged into the backbone in any specific sequence?

A2) The devices that are spurred into the backbone do not have to be in any particular sequence.

Q3) I am installing this on a 23ft SeaSwirl with a single 200hp outboard, do I connect the rudder reference? My unit came with the rotary rudder reference, if so, would I use this or would I need to get the linear reference guide? The boat has hydraulic steering.

A3) The Evolution Autopilot is designed to be rudder reference less. If you decide to install the rudder reference unit, then depending on what type your steering cylinder(s) are would dictate which reference unit is used.

I purchased an ev-200, new RADAR and e127 MFD for a 44' Tollycraft powerboat and have been very happy cruising the east coast from Maine to the Bahamas for three years. Recently I have noticed a large and persistent difference between the heading on the ev-200 and the MFD. My Richey compass agrees very closely with the heading on the MFD and differs with the ev-200 heading by about 23 degrees. Everything on the boat is set to Mag and I cannot adjust the compass  heading beyond the 10 degrees apparently permitted with my P70R. This difference in heading also manifests itself in a distorted display where the boat position is either offset left or right and course skewed substantially from the vertical vector normally displayed.

Any suggestions? Jack

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

• Add Photos

Latest Activity

Tom replied to Tom's discussion Pink "jelly fish" like icon meaning on chart
"I returned and got a picture. What does it mean?https://i.imgur.com/Du4JdEL.jpg"
13 hours ago
Lasse Åhlander updated their profile
Saturday
Russell Herbert updated their profile
Thursday
Jim Donald updated their profile
Jun 13
marcelo wainer replied to marcelo wainer's discussion Smart Pilot x-5
"Hello. I have a Smart Pilot X-5 and when is in AUTO its change the course always to port side and in 2 minuters its lost the way. I made the seatrial and recalibrate the compass but the problem persists. What can I do.?Thank you very much."
Jun 11
Michael Pappert updated their profile
Jun 3
Walter Karopczyc updated their profile
May 31
Bjarke M. Christensen updated their profile
May 30
Frank K replied to Dennis Murphy's discussion I have a C120 Classic with DSM 30,,I have the B60 thru Hull transducer what setting do I use under Transducer configurations,its temp and sonar only
"I have a DSM 30 and just installed a B60.  I was using a P79 before.  Selecting the setting above does not work for me.  Is the above information correct?"
May 26
Frank K updated their profile
May 26
Paul Grady updated their profile
May 19
Jim Capron updated their profile
May 12
Russ Lawrence replied to Tiago Menezes's discussion Night mode
"Running an a78---  I have installed V14.  Is there a version that gives us the option of a night color scheme as this time?  Or am I remembering my old Garmin system?"
May 10
Ori updated their profile
May 9
kenneth hiebert left a comment for kenneth hiebert
"After 4 years of owning Raymarine products I finally decided to join the forum. Although some of the posts are well beyond my technical understanding ,there are many layman's posts.I have also found it much easier to wire an airplane than my…"
May 8
kenneth hiebert updated their profile
May 8

© 2018   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service