I am looking at adding an autopilot to my power boat, I currently have raymarine radar 11x, RC 520 plotter, RN 300 GPS and st60 tridata. The boat is 42 feet long, runs 18 knots and weighs 30,000 lb. It has hynautic steering. I think I need a type 2 pump to accomadate the size of the steering ram. Is it worth while to purchase older parts as I like the classic look of the older instruments like the st8001 and have them tested. Also which core pack do I need for this arrangement, I want to connect it all together with sea talk.

Thanks
Walt Hoover

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Walt,

Please examine the vessel's steering ram to locate information concerning the ram's cubic capacity.  Please respond with this information.

I have looked at the steering ram and it is a hynauyic K02, cubic inch capacity is not listed but I believe it will need a type 2 pump. What will be the best course computer to use, a spx 30 or a s3. I have a st8001 head unit to install and a fluxgate compass and rudder indicator.

Thanks

Walr Hoover

Moderator - Raymarine, US said:

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Walt,

Please examine the vessel's steering ram to locate information concerning the ram's cubic capacity.  Please respond with this information.

The Hynautic H-2 does have a RAM Capacity of 17.6 cu. in., which will use the Type 2 Hydraulic pump drive.  The SPX30 or the S3 are similar course computers and will work with the Type 2 Hydraulic Drive.  The difference is the SPX30 is a generation newer than the S3 and the SPX30 has a gyro compass onboard where the S3 does not, the gyro compass adds vessel data and fast heading for holding better course.

I'm now installing the autopilot type 2 pump. When connecting into the steering system can I just tee into the three hydraulic lines or is there a different circut setup. My instruction sheet has me a bit stumped because it shows the pump plumbed after the relief valve. My relief valve is mounted at the rear near the steering ram and I have the pump in the engine room close to my electrical and fluid resevoir.  It's a hynautic three line system.

Underway - Raymarine, US said:

The Hynautic H-2 does have a RAM Capacity of 17.6 cu. in., which will use the Type 2 Hydraulic pump drive.  The SPX30 or the S3 are similar course computers and will work with the Type 2 Hydraulic Drive.  The difference is the SPX30 is a generation newer than the S3 and the SPX30 has a gyro compass onboard where the S3 does not, the gyro compass adds vessel data and fast heading for holding better course.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

• Add Photos

Latest Activity

Donald Evans replied to Scott A Crego's discussion NMEA0183 (R08004) for my A65
"llllll"
15 hours ago
"Replacement NMEA cables are to be found here: http://www.gps-galore.co.uk/?product_cat=nmea-0183-cable What happened? did someone scrub the link off? There are so many people out there that can't afford to buy new plotters. Please leave it on…"
17 hours ago
17 hours ago
James Riley updated their profile
Sep 16
Stephen Gwyn replied to John M Busciglio's discussion ST1000+ ST2000+ Autopilot PARTS needed
"I had the same problem with the ram tube spinning. I opened up the case to find circular bits of plastic at the bottom of the case. I made a bushing to fit between 4. the lead screw drive pulley and 7 the gear box support plate out some food…"
Sep 14
walt hoover replied to walt hoover's discussion autopilots
"I'm now installing the autopilot type 2 pump. When connecting into the steering system can I just tee into the three hydraulic lines or is there a different circut setup. My instruction sheet has me a bit stumped because it shows the pump…"
Sep 10
David Lane updated their profile
Aug 29
dave abrams replied to Erik Hillenmeyer's discussion NMEA GPS to DSC VHF connection
"My set up is all raymarine, S6002 autopilot and an A70 display.  how can I connect my dsc vhf to pick up the gps signal?  hopefully I can do this on the pedistile and not have to run wires back to th computer.  plas keep it simple if…"
Aug 18
Gregory S******* updated their profile
Aug 10
Folkmeister replied to Mikael H's discussion Show vessels name from AIS
"Reactivating this old thread -   My prior boat had an e7 and AIS650 which worked great, vessel names were displayed with target info.  My new boat has older e80 and e120 plotters.  We have just installed AIS, but the vast majority of…"
Aug 10
Carol Shores updated their profile
Aug 8
Jorge Chubretovich updated their profile
Aug 3
J&G Marine supply replied to Don Gulliver's discussion AIS recommissioning
"Where on the web is the procedure to reset the mmsi.  Iknow pro ais to program but how do you clear the old mmsi"
Jul 17
Richard Gard liked Tom MacAllister's discussion E80 Issues
Jul 17
Richard Gard liked Miguel Gonzalez del Rey's discussion E120 -E80
Jul 17
Richard Gard replied to Adam Hyde's discussion New C125 won't display NMEA 0183 depth data
"subscribed"
Jul 17

© 2018   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service