First thank you all for advise before hand. I own a 2003 Mainship 35 pilot which has Garmin Chart Plotter utilizing NEMA 2000 back bone. I purchased and installed almost the SPX10 corepack, rudder sensor and st70 control head. I did not install the pump as of yet. I power up the corepack and have no indication of rudder movement and don't know what I should see as far as the flux gate. I just ordered the Raymarine A06046 cable that let me connect the Raymarine to the Nema 2000. So I guess the questions are what am I doing wrong with the rudder indicator and the flux gate and is this cable the correct part to interface between the Garmin NEMA 2000?

Thanks John

Views: 836

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think once we have the system connected properly you will get a more normal operation.  Please let us know.

Will do I will have the correct kit tomorrow and will install tomorrow evening. I assume it's a straight forward hook up, I have courage saying that after all this.

THe backbone goes between the X10 and the p70r and I assume the seatalk backbone to the nema200 backbone. With each backbone having it's own terminators.
rhino horn - Raymarine, US said:

I think once we have the system connected properly you will get a more normal operation.  Please let us know.

What other equipment is on the NMEA 2000 backbone, and who is the manufacturer?

Garmin Chart Plotter 5212 and Garmin GMI10 Instrument Display

You can only have two terminators in both backbone configurations, what you want to do is keep one on the far end of the Garmin backbone and one at the far end of the autopilot backbone.

will do

You can only have two terminators in both backbone configurations, what you want to do is keep one on the far end of the Garmin backbone and one at the far end of the autopilot backbone.

Will be interested in the update.

I will definitely will let you know either way. You have been extremley helpful

Good Morning

I received the backbone kit and tried installing today. The results where the same not able to access the calibration menu etc as listed above. I'm probably not doing it correctly but I will try here to lay it out. The kit had 2 T connectors, 2 terminators and a 5m Blue cable. The X10 had a T connector, a terminator and a white cable. I had purchase a white cable adapter that would plug into the nema 2000 backbone. I tried this AM connecting the adapter cable from the Garmin Back bone to the first Seatalk T then connected the secon T in the back bone to the p70r and used a termiantor on the far end. That left one blue connection on the closest T empty.

John Kime said:

I will definitely will let you know either way. You have been extremley helpful

Not sure if you received the above or how you see the e mail trail. I was hopeing that you had some ideas for me to try this evening. I'm going to try again to list the problem and what I tried. Garmin 5200 utilizing a Nema2000 backbone. A new Raymarine X10 with a p70r headunit. I have all the Garmin working and trying to interface the Raymarine. I hooked up the p70 r with the seatalk directly to the x10 as well as I used an adapter cable from the second port on the p70r to the nema2000 backbone. What I got was depth and wind etc on the p70r but I couldn't get pilot calibration and only once got the auto pilot to go into auto which immediatley drove the rudder hard to straboard and went into pump error or disconnect can't remember exactly. As per your instruction I instatalled the Raymarine backbone T16012. I took the seatalk cable (white trace/end) from the x10 and went into the white end of the T. On that same T, I but end of line terminator. From the blue side of the T, I used a short blue jumper and went to the 2nd T, from this T I went to the p70r. From the blue side of this T I used the supplied 5 m cable ( blue) and went to the 3rd T. On the white side I took the adapter cable ( seatalk to nema2000) and plugged it into the Garmin back bone. That leaves one blue port on the 3rd T with nothing in it. The p70 is still experencing the same no calibration access and I can't get the auto pilot to go into auto

OK, this is how it needs to be hooked up, the way you have it is incorrect.

First T piece put a blue terminator into the far blue connector and the spur from the X10 autopilot into the top of that T, then with the blue and black cable, connect to the open blue port of the T piece and connect to the other T piece into the blue port, on the white port of the second T connect the p70 with a white and black cable, you will need a short blue and black backbone cable (400mm - A06033) to connect the third T piece from the open blue end on the second T and blue port of the third T piece, you will then take the adapter cable A06046 and connect to the white port on the third T piece and connect the DeviceNet connector to the Garmin backbone.  You will leave the last blue port open and you will need to make sure the Garmin backbone has it's second terminator removed as well.  If you don't want to go get another backbone cable, you could leave the last T piece off the backbone and connect the Garmin to the course computer via NMEA 0183, they can communicate that way as well.  Send me an response if the Garmin has NMEA 0183 available and I can discuss in more detail that scenario.

Thanks I will try this tonight. Talk to you tomorrow

OK, this is how it needs to be hooked up, the way you have it is incorrect.

First T piece put a blue terminator into the far blue connector and the spur from the X10 autopilot into the top of that T, then with the blue and black cable, connect to the open blue port of the T piece and connect to the other T piece into the blue port, on the white port of the second T connect the p70 with a white and black cable, you will need a short blue and black backbone cable (400mm - A06033) to connect the third T piece from the open blue end on the second T and blue port of the third T piece, you will then take the adapter cable A06046 and connect to the white port on the third T piece and connect the DeviceNet connector to the Garmin backbone.  You will leave the last blue port open and you will need to make sure the Garmin backbone has it's second terminator removed as well.  If you don't want to go get another backbone cable, you could leave the last T piece off the backbone and connect the Garmin to the course computer via NMEA 0183, they can communicate that way as well.  Send me an response if the Garmin has NMEA 0183 available and I can discuss in more detail that scenario.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Richard J Person's discussion new radar installation
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Richard, It would be unusual for a properly positioned radar scanner to be slanted toward the stern.  Radar scanners should be pitched to counter the bow rise that the vessel is expected to experience at…"
14 minutes ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Peter Malloy's discussion AP Response Issues
"I would first recommend re-doing the compass calibration procedure, when an autopilot starts to search like you have explained, the heading in the system is not as correct as should be.  I have enclosed the commissioning manual below.  The…"
14 minutes ago
Chris Edwards posted a discussion

Suggest Setup

I have a 24 foot sailboat that I am using for club racing.   I would like to add a wind indicator, depth gauge and speedometers that read SOG and STW.  Any suggestions on equipment would be appreciated.Thanks,ChrisSee More
29 minutes ago
George Mitchell posted a discussion

Getting EV-100 Evolution with Wheel drive settled out

Last year I installed the EV-100 system. Did lots of circles to get system learned. However, while in calm seas it holds course very well. When in mixed seas the wheel constantly hunts to match the change in headings. As a electrical engineer, it seems their is a gain or damping problem. How do I fix it.GeorgeSee More
29 minutes ago
gary kostbade posted a discussion

Installing A67 and rd418d radome

Hi, I am installing an A67 mfd with WiFi and an Rd418D Radome on my 2006 Sea Ray 260 Sundancer.I have a few questions.1) When connecting the radar to the mfd I was told that I need a crossover connector which I purchased.  Upon opening it appears that I need to purchase two adaptors to connect into the crossover and the radar cable and the mfd.  Looked at the various cable connectors on the Raymarine site and am not sure which one I need?2) I originally thought that the Radar Power connection…See More
29 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Serenisea's discussion Software and chart update from 9.40
"Serenisea, Contrary to your suggestions, the requirements of the a/c/e/gS-Series systems with respect to LightHouse Charts has not changed with the introduction of the v13.37 software update.  The same LightHouse Charts which I had downloaded…"
31 minutes ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Paul Fucetola's discussion ST 4000 autohelm
"If you use a Standard Seatalk cable with connectors, cut the connector off on one side, and fit 1/8 inch spade connectors to the ends of the wires to connect to the spade lugs, connect color for color to the Seatalk port."
34 minutes ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Mike. Deto's discussion 13.37 and the CP370
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Mike, Please note that yours is the fourth report received concerning the v13.37 Chart application becoming unresponsive to Range In/Out, Pan, and other Chart application menu commands.  We had been able…"
1 hour ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to don malczewski's discussion autopilot
"Let us know when you either get the RAM capacity of the drive cylinder or the Make and Model number and we'll be able to spec the best autopilot for your vessel."
1 hour ago
Profile IconRodolfo, Gary Boyco, Gerald Morse and 25 more joined Raymarine Technical Forum
1 hour ago
Mark Prestero posted a discussion

Seatalk ng and Raynet Cable Plugs Weather Cover

When I leave my sailboat, I remove my A75 MFD from its bracket on the companionway slide and store it in the cabin.  This leaves the plugs on the ends of the Seatalk ng and radar Raynet cables open to the weather (the power cable has a cover).Are there weatherproof covers available that I can install on these two plugs when the MFD is removed?Thanks.MarkSee More
1 hour ago
Bob Hawke posted a discussion

A70D turn off sonar feature

I am looking to use my A70D solely as a chart plotter. Is there any way to  shut off the sonar feature so it does not ping? See More
1 hour ago
Kyle Kieper posted a discussion

Electronic Charts and Networked MFDs

I have a e125 at my lower helm and an e127 at my upper helm. The e127 is the data master. In the area I primarily cruise I would like to be able to keep three micro SD charts inserted at all times. I currently keep two in data master, if I put a chart card into one of the two other slots of the non-data master networked MFD will the data master unit read it/will the chart be available across the network?THanksKyleSee More
1 hour ago
Richard J Person posted a discussion

new radar installation

MY boat is a 26 foot custom built welded aluminum boat used for commercial pot fishing and trapping during the winter. I am installing an 18 inch digital hd Radom. My boat planes at an angle considerable more than when at rest.  I currently have it trailered and have adjusted the pitch to what I believe to be close to what is achieved during normal operation. That said the mounting point of the Radom is slanted towards the stern by 5 degrees. Should I correct that to level by welding a new…See More
1 hour ago
Richard Cincinelli posted a discussion

MFD of photo information

I have added the Navionics Platinum Plus charts to my C90W chart plotter. I see the cameras displayed on the screen but am unable to determine how to display the photos.See More
1 hour ago
John Molinelli posted a discussion

GPS130 and L760, RL80

I recently replaced a GPS 120 antenna with a GPS 130. My sailboat has a full suite of Seatalk  1 Instruments (course computer, L760 & RL80 MFD's, ST60001 Autopilot, ST60 Speed, Depth, Wind and Tridata). The installation was complicated (two Seatalk Ng to SeaTalk 1 converters, split my Seatalk1 Bus into two legs, arrange for power to just come from the SeatlakNg to Seatalk1 converters). All seems to have gone well - my instruments seem to be working and I do get a fix from the GPS130.My…See More
1 hour ago

© 2015   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service