First thank you all for advise before hand. I own a 2003 Mainship 35 pilot which has Garmin Chart Plotter utilizing NEMA 2000 back bone. I purchased and installed almost the SPX10 corepack, rudder sensor and st70 control head. I did not install the pump as of yet. I power up the corepack and have no indication of rudder movement and don't know what I should see as far as the flux gate. I just ordered the Raymarine A06046 cable that let me connect the Raymarine to the Nema 2000. So I guess the questions are what am I doing wrong with the rudder indicator and the flux gate and is this cable the correct part to interface between the Garmin NEMA 2000?

Thanks John

Views: 802

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think once we have the system connected properly you will get a more normal operation.  Please let us know.

Will do I will have the correct kit tomorrow and will install tomorrow evening. I assume it's a straight forward hook up, I have courage saying that after all this.

THe backbone goes between the X10 and the p70r and I assume the seatalk backbone to the nema200 backbone. With each backbone having it's own terminators.
rhino horn - Raymarine, US said:

I think once we have the system connected properly you will get a more normal operation.  Please let us know.

What other equipment is on the NMEA 2000 backbone, and who is the manufacturer?

Garmin Chart Plotter 5212 and Garmin GMI10 Instrument Display

You can only have two terminators in both backbone configurations, what you want to do is keep one on the far end of the Garmin backbone and one at the far end of the autopilot backbone.

will do

You can only have two terminators in both backbone configurations, what you want to do is keep one on the far end of the Garmin backbone and one at the far end of the autopilot backbone.

Will be interested in the update.

I will definitely will let you know either way. You have been extremley helpful

Good Morning

I received the backbone kit and tried installing today. The results where the same not able to access the calibration menu etc as listed above. I'm probably not doing it correctly but I will try here to lay it out. The kit had 2 T connectors, 2 terminators and a 5m Blue cable. The X10 had a T connector, a terminator and a white cable. I had purchase a white cable adapter that would plug into the nema 2000 backbone. I tried this AM connecting the adapter cable from the Garmin Back bone to the first Seatalk T then connected the secon T in the back bone to the p70r and used a termiantor on the far end. That left one blue connection on the closest T empty.

John Kime said:

I will definitely will let you know either way. You have been extremley helpful

Not sure if you received the above or how you see the e mail trail. I was hopeing that you had some ideas for me to try this evening. I'm going to try again to list the problem and what I tried. Garmin 5200 utilizing a Nema2000 backbone. A new Raymarine X10 with a p70r headunit. I have all the Garmin working and trying to interface the Raymarine. I hooked up the p70 r with the seatalk directly to the x10 as well as I used an adapter cable from the second port on the p70r to the nema2000 backbone. What I got was depth and wind etc on the p70r but I couldn't get pilot calibration and only once got the auto pilot to go into auto which immediatley drove the rudder hard to straboard and went into pump error or disconnect can't remember exactly. As per your instruction I instatalled the Raymarine backbone T16012. I took the seatalk cable (white trace/end) from the x10 and went into the white end of the T. On that same T, I but end of line terminator. From the blue side of the T, I used a short blue jumper and went to the 2nd T, from this T I went to the p70r. From the blue side of this T I used the supplied 5 m cable ( blue) and went to the 3rd T. On the white side I took the adapter cable ( seatalk to nema2000) and plugged it into the Garmin back bone. That leaves one blue port on the 3rd T with nothing in it. The p70 is still experencing the same no calibration access and I can't get the auto pilot to go into auto

OK, this is how it needs to be hooked up, the way you have it is incorrect.

First T piece put a blue terminator into the far blue connector and the spur from the X10 autopilot into the top of that T, then with the blue and black cable, connect to the open blue port of the T piece and connect to the other T piece into the blue port, on the white port of the second T connect the p70 with a white and black cable, you will need a short blue and black backbone cable (400mm - A06033) to connect the third T piece from the open blue end on the second T and blue port of the third T piece, you will then take the adapter cable A06046 and connect to the white port on the third T piece and connect the DeviceNet connector to the Garmin backbone.  You will leave the last blue port open and you will need to make sure the Garmin backbone has it's second terminator removed as well.  If you don't want to go get another backbone cable, you could leave the last T piece off the backbone and connect the Garmin to the course computer via NMEA 0183, they can communicate that way as well.  Send me an response if the Garmin has NMEA 0183 available and I can discuss in more detail that scenario.

Thanks I will try this tonight. Talk to you tomorrow

OK, this is how it needs to be hooked up, the way you have it is incorrect.

First T piece put a blue terminator into the far blue connector and the spur from the X10 autopilot into the top of that T, then with the blue and black cable, connect to the open blue port of the T piece and connect to the other T piece into the blue port, on the white port of the second T connect the p70 with a white and black cable, you will need a short blue and black backbone cable (400mm - A06033) to connect the third T piece from the open blue end on the second T and blue port of the third T piece, you will then take the adapter cable A06046 and connect to the white port on the third T piece and connect the DeviceNet connector to the Garmin backbone.  You will leave the last blue port open and you will need to make sure the Garmin backbone has it's second terminator removed as well.  If you don't want to go get another backbone cable, you could leave the last T piece off the backbone and connect the Garmin to the course computer via NMEA 0183, they can communicate that way as well.  Send me an response if the Garmin has NMEA 0183 available and I can discuss in more detail that scenario.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Jim Schrader replied to Jim Schrader's discussion Upgrade from C80 to E127 - cabling
"My DSM300 was starting to act up - hence the E127 over the E125.  Since cutting the Transducer cable is not going to fly, here's where I am at: I have the E66066 cable to connect to the Transducer cable but need to extend the end of this…"
5 hours ago
Markus replied to Markus's discussion Is there still a Repair-Service available for a RD218 analog
"Thank you"
5 hours ago
Russ Lawrence replied to Russ Lawrence's discussion Two relatively simple questions
"I have attempted to follow the above instructions to no avail. home - fishfinder worked well.  No hint of presentation, much less data boxes.  upon opening the fishfinder - the data bar offers the following options: Home - WPT - position…"
6 hours ago
Frank Leyshon replied to Frank Leyshon's discussion E-80 Chartplotter
"That worked perfectly! Thanks so much for your help. Frank"
7 hours ago
Brian Marks replied to Brian Marks's discussion EVO 200 A/P Compatability
"Thank you, I just got an e series installed"
8 hours ago
Chris Waitkun replied to Jeff Zimmerman's discussion Engine data on C70 MFD
"Thank You I greatly appreciate all the support you have given me. Thanks Chris"
9 hours ago
Mike Parker replied to Mark Leavitt's discussion New Install of an 18" HD Radome on a Center Console Fiberglass T Top
"Mark, This mounting wedge may help. http://www.seaviewglobal.com/en/categories/300000006"
10 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Mark Leavitt's discussion Radar Cable Interconnection Clarification
"Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Mark, When Raymarine initially introduced Digital/HD Digital/SuperHD Digital Radar Scanners, it had offered Digital Radar Cables featuring an RJ45 plug to be located on the cable end farthest from the…"
10 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to Mark Coleman's discussion Rudder reference issues
"I suggest doing the autolearn  at around 5-10 knots, or just below planing speed."
10 hours ago
Allan Jones posted a discussion

Wind Data and EV200

I have an EV-200 installation with a below decks linear drive on a 37 ft ketch.  I would like to somehow get my existing Standard Horizon wind angle and speed to display on the Sea Talk ng bus.  I would then replace the existing SH display with an i70 MFD and hopefully be able to steer to wind.  Not planing on pulling the mast anytime soon.The masthead unit is new and has a 5 wire Fuji cable.  The cable connects at the mast foot to a junction box, a second junction box connection leads to the…See More
10 hours ago
Mark Leavitt posted discussions
10 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Justin Page's discussion RAY240E VHF - can 2 handsets both be in control?
"Justin, The Ray240/240E had handsets featuring a magnetic component which permitted the radio to sense when the handset had been secured within the cradle.  In a correctly functioning Ray240/240E system, should the handsets each be secured in…"
10 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Justin Page's discussion Temporarily stopping AIS & Radar alarms
"We have forwarded this discussion to our engineering team for comment.  Please stand by."
11 hours ago
Moderator - Raymarine, US replied to Frank Leyshon's discussion E-80 Chartplotter
"Frank, Your E-Series Classic MFD has one of the very early versions of E-Series Classic MFD software within it.  It appears that the version of software which is presently installed within your MFD (v3.22) is not compatible with your 1XG Gold…"
11 hours ago
Jim Kirby or Laura Asay replied to Jim Kirby or Laura Asay's discussion Compatible replacement items for old Autohelm 5000
"Upgrading will have to be in the future. I'm just trying to get by until I can get back to the States to refit and currently have access to some used parts. Thanks for the info, though."
11 hours ago
Underway - Raymarine, US replied to alejandro Zarich's discussion i60 close haul working randomly
"You have three end caps in this system, are the end caps you diagrammed the blue terminators, or do you have the blue ones on the ends and the black one next to where the i60 is connected to the converter? Is the power being back fed in from…"
11 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Moderator - Raymarine, US.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service